IRACING Monday night live V8 iracing

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bonus 888, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Number plate looks DOPE... oi going to design a livery for RaceOnOz for our team to use in Season 3.... i think this will be sweet to represent the forum in a official livery... if you got some ideas that you want sing out... but i think bright, and RaceOnOz logo in big on the side of the car as the main Sponsor

I ll start thinking of a few concepts and show you as i get them built.
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer Mad I heard Jay's race call last night while watching half a race of Neishy in split 2 and Frank in 4th split. Commentary stated you whould be guttered with ya self there Mad and the fact you not usually involved in such accidents. Bit a bad luck M8 but sounded like it was a great race for ya till then.
    I did the early race and hadn't reset my wheel after doing a Gt5 race on the Sunday night, not a problem till you use the clutch, and the first time I use the clutch is on the start line of the race, it decides to stay on. I'm clutch slipping off the line with cars going all around me and i'm banging the clutch to try and get it off and went from 5th to 14th and had to follow whoever I could to keep draft to keep up. I was able to minimise the slip a little and It fixed itself when i pitted lap 14. I lost 52 SR and had no incidents other than the start, must have touched every car as they went by.
    That coupled with the broken top half of my wheel (which happened half way through the Gt5 league race) Ive had a "shouldn't have bothered week" in both Iracing and GT5. Any way the G25 has done a good job for the 4 or so years i have had it and the G27 is the right price now $195, so its on it way.
    I ended up using my set from last season for the race, I didnt have time to get used to the one you shared Mad. I tried your s3 2011 set last night and made a couple minor rebound adjustments and it feels pretty good. Any way hope we have better luck next week, see you on the track, need the RaceOnOz guys to follow you TTR guys and see if we can get these track down a bit better.

Hey Frank sounds good, really like the rockstar colours so anything along that line for the RacOnOz whould look sick. I'm a bit of an orange fan, so the carbon fibre orange with the contrasting black would be the preference for my car if you thinking of doing the same design in few different colours.
  3. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Yeah was think using ORANGE/ BLACK / RED, then making the logo POP - ill make is TUFF
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea that number plate looks great Bones ;)

I don't have the v8 but did have some thoughts.....

I like the curve at the extent of the grey region of forum banner, thought that could work in towards the back of the car (just in front of rear wheels). Perhaps rearward of that could be a wavey chequered pattern that fades to white as it approaches the curve boundary, as if it's going underneath it...

I thought of having the forum banner text but just reduced to ROOZ as large as possible on the side of the car, angled, with smaller text underneath "raceonOZ.com", then smaller again, "The #1 Aus Sim Community"

You may have seen that next level racing thing I edited to, working that trade mark Next Level racing image in the forum banner into some Transam firebird wings. I wanted to put that on the bonnet but have only done a quick bodge job to show the idea so far.. http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=11001#p11001

Also would work some PAGNIAN IMPORTS plugs on the car somewhere.
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Look forward to seeing it, loved all you done so far.
  6. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Ill bust a BadAss out, i got a few wild ideas going in my head already... i think its important to use all the sponsors that are on this website with the new skin... if someone could find me a list of all fonts like?:

Next Level / Pagnian / Fanatec plus the letters OZ - ill do all the fancy :):):):) that needs to make this group look good on track... then once done, id like to get all cars running the livery and do a photoshoot on track to show the Team.... been looking at other teams out there and they have gone the extra mile to showcase all cars on track together - LOOK great

let the designing begin
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I drove the v8 for the very first time just 3 days ago..
    I wasn't planning on it, but ended up qualifying after just my 3rd practice session, and then jumping straight in the deep end popping my v8 iRacing cherry on the main event last night (top split eep :/)

I wasn't expecting much, my pace was still improving but I wasn't on it yet, so just wanted to stay on track and out of trouble, and had no idea how the car was going to develop having not done more than a 5 lap stint. Also had no idea how to conserve fuel and still keep pace, so struggled between the two strats all race and ran out just a few hunderd metres (about 1/4 lap) before the finish.. fortunately I only lost one position, finishing 14th, 5 positions up on my quali position.

Mad kindly gave me a push to the chequered flag. Not that it really mattered but was nice to finish, and it was a pretty funny spectacle! :D" - Bow down to this guy, awesome pace and enough fuel left over to push me to the finish!
    Think I'll try and run the setup a bit more loose next time I race as I started struggling with understeer a bit towards the end. Actually managed to adjust the front ARB while driving which helped, but was a little late.

Event Result: My first v8 race
    It's a really awkward race length for the fuel.. just a couple of laps shorter or longer and you wouldn't question whether to pit or not. And although I am familiar with Sebring at night, it's a prick of a track to learn a beast of a new car on!

I'm not usually at home at that time, yesterday was a public holiday in WA, but will hopefully try again schedule permitting.
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[​IMG]

[video].youtube.com/watch?v=SLI1IDZYlfI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

This Sunday and Monday there is a special race event being ran in the off season known as week 13. The cream of the V8 supercar crop along with invited racers and wild cards of differing levels will fight it out unrehearst on 4 combinations of tracks and cars. Noone will know what cars will run on what track till shortly before the event, this will be a spectators dream and it is all being broadcast live on Jay's v8sonline webcast. Most of the GT5 guys will be racing on the Sunday night but you will be able see the replay and I'm sure it will be worth taking a look at.

Click on this link to v8sonline to watch the live event or scroll through the archives.
    v8 online live
  9. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Looking forward to this one, should be a blast. Although i'll miss race 1 of sunday night unfortunately.
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

We got our money on ya, good luck and have fun. Congrats on the sponsorship for the v8's next season, didn't negotiate a red and white Tatts.com TTR car did ya?
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Why am I gravitating to Mad's avatar rather than the posts he makes? If iRacing is that good, I might join in :p
  12. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Appreciate it guys! Should be a blast!

As for the Tatts.com car, that was never gonna happen but it will still have TT-R logos and sponsors on it.
  13. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Hello,
    So I had my first race in the V8 on the New Tyre model this afternoon.
    It was kind of a "spur of the moment" decision to race.I was in a practice session with Bones and Neishy and just felt the urge.
    It was really one of the most enjoyable races I have ever had in iRacing, for a bunch of reasons probably.
    I didn't bother qualifying, So I started out of grid 9. Got off to a great start, and found myself in third by the end of lap 1, Behind Chris Lukey and Wayne Harris.
    We battle cleanly and raced wheel to wheel for 25 out of 30 laps, until Lukey and Harris got tangled up and I broke through into the lead. The racing was thoroughly enjoyable.

This is where I made an "Almighty strategic F-Up. I didnt really know if I was going to make the finish on fuel, and made the choice to back off and save fuel. With about 2 laps to go, I realise, I will not make it on fuel, so I pit for a splash n dash. I exited the lane in 3rd, about 5 seconds down, with two laps to catch the top two. These two were also low on fuel, and had been saving fuel for the whole race. In the end, I closed the gap to the leader down to 2 seconds, and pipped second place by a "bees' dick" as he crossed the line, out of fuel.
    In hindsight, I should not have slowed, with the intention of saving fuel, and just pegged it all the way, pitting and easily winning. Hindsight is wonderful.

The NTM on the V8 is really good. I like it allot. The tyres are sensitive as hell to heat, so it requires a smoother style (suits me), It chews fuel like a :):):):):), which makes the races heaps more strategic, and it just drives really nicely. I i was to imagine what I thought a real Supercar would drive like, This is exactly what I would imagine.

So far at Watkins Glen, I have my lap time down to 1:12.5, which I think is fairly competitive, all things considered.
    Its a shame I'll be flying back to work on Wednesday, and have very little time to spend with family etc. Otherwise, I'd stick around and compete in this Monday night's race.

I have a setup to share for you too Bonus. With a couple more tweaks, and a little more practice, I reckon a 1:12.3 would be on the cards.
    Its based off the one you shared me.

Tomorrow will be Day 3 of my marathon Kart race weekend. Got a 17 lap pre final, and a 24 lap final tomorrow. Should be fun.

Cya's on the flip side
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good to hear from ya Beau, nice report ;) Dammit I should have got on iRacing today.... unfortunately I just didn't have the *urge* Hopefully I'll catch you before Wednesday
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer Beau, neishy watched that race, good to hear you had a good one too. The car feels so real now i actually did 6 races in it this week, usually just do the 2. Pitty about the fuel saving this week, i went from being competitive against those that usually towel me to driving miss daisy to make it to the end, not fun but necessary to finish up the front.
    Got my car seat coming next week to add to my rig, should improve my comfort not my pace, and Miki you might beat me once i get it set up, it's out of a white 1995 Supra, lol
  16. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

:lol: The good old days when I was faster.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    What's the deal with the v8's and fuel burn this season... is it touch and go with some tracks requiring conservation again, or is it back to a balls out race?
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

1st round was touch and go, I couldnt get near enough savings done and I'm usually not too bad at saving but some guys did it. Not to sure about this week didn't get any races in as I was sunning it up in the Whitsundays but I think all pitted.
    Iracing increased all the fuel saving races from last season after people put in a complaint when this season schedule came out. They increased most races by 3 or 4 laps and I think all will be pit stoppers and if you want less time in the pits you save a little and put in less fuel and just rear tires.