PCARS Division 2 - Season 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Clevohead, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    No highlights video from me this week guys unless you want to stare at the rear bumper of cows' car lol.

So, thought I put in a stonka of a qualifying lap (thanks to Juzzy's setup) and sat in the garage thinking to myself if you can beat that you can have pole... And Cows did, by something like 0.014 from memory.

No issues with my start, settled into 2nd thinking Cows will do his usual dissapearring act out front but I managed to stay with him. I definetly didn't want to/couldn't see an opportunity to make a move and cause an accident so I put every amount of pressure on him. Lap after lap I was right behind him, thinking this will be the lap he'll do something, surely. All that pressure couldn't buckle him, until around lap 23 near the downhill left handers in the middle of the lap. Slight brake lock up I think and I slipped through. Leading with only a few laps and I was peaking... Had to cover my line into the first corner each lap, got a little better drive out of the slow corners but come last lap I was only .4-5 or thereabouts in front. I noticed Cows braking into the last two corners and went mega defensive on the inside, Cows braked better and later and saw him coming round the outside of the turn, I had to hold inside of the last corner but couldn't see him, took as much ripple strip as I thought I could but it was too much. Lost it and was put back to second.

Very good racing Cows, close driving :)
    TheJuzzy, SuiCid3 and Ad2mny like this.
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Considering I don't put in any practise I was pleasantly surprised to be holding onto the back of the pack.
    Dunno if you could really call it shoulder to shoulder racing, as me @TheJuzzy and @Killercarlcox69 were just making errors left right and centre to allow each other to keep making passes.
    All-in-all was great fun to kind of be racing with people again :p
  3. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    No worries Juzzy, or should I call you Kimi or Maldonado? ;)

Hectic start from 3rd, copped my shunt up the hill into the braking zone, (it happens mate, don't sweat it, I know you are better than that), got an off-track penalty, dropped back to I don't even know where, a few corners later Killer is sitting sideways in the middle of the track.
    Caught up to Hughesy who was in 3rd at the time, and had a few good laps of following, until he jumped the curb and spun in front of me, cost me another few seconds.
    Absolutely mistake free driving from Spidey & Cows up front.
    I clawed their lead back slowly from around 13 seconds to around 9-ish at one point, just driving along hoping they would start battling and slowing each other down, but it took the last few corners for anything of significance.
  4. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    @Spidey_11 I wanted to shake you but you were to quick and I saw from the short practice races on Wednesday how easy it is to make a mistake around here so I tried to drive calm and mistake free knowing how hard it is to overtake. I took to much curb on that down hill left hander and threw the car sideways but i managed to catch it. I decided it was all or nothing and pushed as hard as the tyres would allow. If you didn't block I couldn't of got you and I knew I was quicker in to the the seconder last turn.
    TheJuzzy, Spidey_11 and Ad2mny like this.
  5. CENAisARNY11

CENAisARNY11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    CENAisARMY11
    Q: 9th
    I set the fastest lap i have ever done at the track but it was only good enough for 9th.

R: 10th
    I got off the line well but the driver in front of me didn't and this made me have to react quickly, so i braked. I sat in 10th behind carlcox (i think) for some of the first lap and we made out way up the field together while everyone else was hitting each other and making mistakes. Coming up to the second last corner i broke way too late and trying to not hit carlcox i cut across the grass to avoid him, I slowed down to let him back pass but when i looked behind i noticed something had happened to him so i kept going, i was up to 4th at this moment. Coming up to turn 5 i went in way too fast and spun out and into the gravel. I let everyone pass before coming back on and i was down to 10th. I continued to make a few mistakes here and there so i had to settle for 10th place after a few laps in.

A disappointing start but hoping i am a lot better at the next track!
  6. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
  7. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    You did well bud keep it up .:thumbsup:
    CENAisARNY11 likes this.
  8. CENAisARNY11

CENAisARNY11 New Recruit

PSN ID
    CENAisARMY11
    Happy i only got lapped by the front two.
  9. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I've been waiting like a little kid busting for the toilet to see the new race table and lap times from imola but it's still not up :(
    Coming soon?
    TheJuzzy and Peuty like this.
  10. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Practice tonight 7.30 pm QLD time come into my chat room or ask for a invite .
  11. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    [​IMG]
    Right you lot , here's what I've come up with so far at the Bugatti circuit . I managed a 1:35.788 with 49 litres of fuel and font left at half wear .
    still a work in progress .
    jasondull1986, seowster and beakeroo like this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Ha, that is exactly what I've been running tonight Juzzy. I ended up getting a 36.01 tonight but then Giant came along and got a 34.970...

Do you reckon this is going to last the distance with the tyres though? I'm finding it pretty rough on them and I'm down to around ~60% after 8 laps.
    TheJuzzy and Clevohead like this.
  13. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    I tried these settings in my wheel and they were fantastic for the t300 there are settings there for every wheel and every car .
    Just ask Ad2mny what he thinks ..
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I guess a 38'9 wont cut it then...
    beakeroo likes this.
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Keep at it vardz, I was getting 1.40 on there at first and I'm a lowly D3 dog.
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Realized I was in the wrong div after round 2 ...over a 1000kms of practice after a last minute decision to join round 1 and then with all that practice I was still 2 secs off the pace.... Not a fan of the RUF ...looking forward to the HTO series and the Z4
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I'm loving the RUF now tbh, I think I've finally gotten the feel for it and can even hold it in some pretty fun drifts (not advisable when racing lol)

I'm in for a wake up call when we switch cars though as I've only driven RUF, the ginetti that we qualified with and karts lol. I've only played an hour in single player and races/practices here.
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    That is the thing. Sure you can do 36's, but if you do that all race, your tyres might only be good for half the race and you'll be in conservation mode at the end, and that's when the steadier 38's who haven't been tearing up their tyres reel you back in.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    That's true ads, but if I steady off to 138 then they won't reel me in far :)
    Ad2mny likes this.