PCARS Division 3 - Season 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Pretty pumped for my podium finish!! What a great setup that turned out to be. The car didn't feel any worse for a full fuel load compared to light, and was very responsive to everything I asked it to do. I only had one incident that was my own fault, riding a bit high on the ripples on the left hander just before the long hairpin, and having a huge slow motion slide out that felt like I could save but was in the end inevitably a 180. Bit disappointed with the shunt at turn 2 lap 1 with no redress. @Peuty i think it was you mate? To all drivers if you shunt someone off the track it MUST BE REDRESSED IMMEDIATELY. This means waiting out of traffics way for the driver you wronged to rejoin the race ahead of you. An apology at the end of the race, though appreciated, is not enough. This is almost the most important rule at ROOZ, and I know that you are new here, but be warned that in the future it will be enforced.

Anyway, the first couple of cars I passed on my recovery drive were basically "gimme's", with the drivers having little mistakes just at the right time for me to pass. I caught up to tuddy eventually but on my first try to get past I over cooked it and had to give back the spot. My next attempt I gave him a a shove on the rear and pushed him wide so I waited again. Next time he ran himself too deep and I got by. Peuty was next up and a slipstream pass got me by but shortly after I had my little spin. I kept the boot in and turned it into a donut on the grass but I'd given back the place with tuddy not far behind. I quickly took back the place after putting the nippleclamps on Peuty for a bit and forcing an error but then with 5-6 laps to go on the back straight my car stopped dead and filled the tank back up. In my panic I shifted down the gears without looking thinking I must still be in 6th but I put it in reverse. And of course it won't shift up again until you are totally stopped so wasted more precious seconds and Peuty and tuddy zoomed back by. AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!! Back into it and a few laps later tuddy was suddenly behind me after I took a swig of turkey so I missed what happened, then as I caught Peuty again we were coming up on a backmarker but we got by cleanly. Another small mistake from Peuty allowed me by on lap 20 and I pushed as hard as I dared to stay ahead without spinning.

A satisfying podium after a dodgy start. Aside from that start a great race from every one from that point on. Emu and Jason you guys are doing great, and if it was just one guy blitzing I'd move him up but you guys seem to be able to race each other so I'll keep you together this season. Well done guys. On to the sprint round!!
    TheJuzzy, George, Noxrai and 2 others like this.
  2. Peuty

Peuty New Recruit

PSN ID
    Peuty
    Sorry about that 1st lap incident @Ad2mny , I must have gone in just a little too deep under brakes and tapped you. I felt really bad for what had happened and for that reason every time I saw you in my mirrors I gave you more than enough room to let you pass me. Next time I'll make sure that I redress the situation straight away. Other than the start, I had a really good race with few times making small errors, but overall very happy.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  3. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    likewise mate, was so gutted I got DSC as our battle was so intense and exhilarating! before that though I had Ads blowing smoke in my face for 2 laps while he was demonstrating his awesome drifting skillz :roflmao:

yes it was a glitch, but it still put me off my driving for those 2 hilarious laps. did anyone see that as well or just me?
    Clevohead, Noxrai and Ad2mny like this.
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    That's the best drifting I've ever seen :laugh:
    Clevohead likes this.
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Like a BOSS. Fully intentional...
    SuiCid3, Peter Wise and Clevohead like this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    So frustrated that I couldn't race, I'm also missing the next race as well, AAARRRRGGHH!
  8. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Pmsl that's some of the best drifting ive seen, u da man. Sounds like there was some great racing out there lastnight nice work. I had a good start for once and held the lead into turn one, jason got a great run down the hill and got up next to me for an excellent pass. Had to work hard to stay with him, unfortunately he went a touch deep into turn 1 and i managed to sneak up the inside. Jason did really well with no down force it must have been tough to drive, very well earned 2nd. Sounds like ad worked his butt off all race for a ripper 3rd awesome work. Ive been realy enjoying the racing guys, as i said last week its really nice race hard and clean and big thx to all the help with tunes all you rooz guys are putting up its a big help for me coming from notune stuff. Looking forward to sprint round next week cheers emu
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    For the sprint round, the track date will be 01/01/2015 with weather clear. 12:00 race start, progression on real.

First race qual as per normal. 2nd race qual set to 10 mins. Podium from race 1 to remain in pits. All drivers are to complete an out lap and then a hot lap qualifying then pull to the side of the circuit at the end of the front straight. The host will be the last to exit the pits, and once they have completed their hot lap the race will start. No redo's, if you cause your lap to be invalidated you might start behind the race 1 podium so be careful. Give yourselves plenty of room for the hot lap, and if you do mess up your lap please park to the side of the circuit so as not to spoil anyone else's lap.
  11. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    My final 15 mins with wall glitch.

Peuty likes this.
  12. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Hey Ads, I had exactly the same thing in the same place on the same lap, notice that when it happens it's nice enough to refill the fuel tank for you as well, it had happened to me there before that as well but I can't remember if it was during a midweek practice session or a practice race.
    Cheers
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Dont forget tonight for the new guys if you need some assistance there will be a room open 8pm till late .
    Message me for a invite on PS4 , with a test and tune followed buy a short race ( by the way I need help with a tune )
    GIVE EM UP !:)
    TheJuzzy and George like this.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Mumble mumble mumble
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I'll be there
    TheJuzzy and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Slight modification to the second qualification, will be set to 5 mins. We can see how many laps each driver has done, so if you show as 3 laps/more you will be penalised 20 secs post race.
    Killercarlcox69, George and TheJuzzy like this.
  17. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Hey guys, did some laps with killer and vardz at Catalunya and boy is that a tricky track to tune for. Left tires get an absolute pounding.

I eventually came up with a decent setup for the track and am able to keep the left tires heat mostly under control. Still gotta be careful not to push too hard or the tires temp will skyrocket very quickly.
    Both vardz and killer seemed to like the setup with slight changes to the rear spring stiffness (they went one click softer) to suit their driving style.
    Here is the setup for anyone that is struggling get a tune for this track

Differential values are set to default
    Brake bias - 51
    Brake duct - 60

[​IMG]
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Driver lists and liveries updated in OP. Nice work Giant!
    Clevohead and Peuty like this.
  19. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Ok guys this tune help me so much try it and see it for yourself It took a second of my time easy .
    For the guys that are struggling Nox and myself are going to offer a special tune session for you guys next week .
    Put your name down and we will message you to work out a time to suit you .
    Thanks again Nox:);):thumbsup::inlove:
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  20. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Awesome work giant they look fantastic