PCARS Division 3 - Season 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Sep 5, 2015.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Yeah nice one Giant :thumbsup:
  2. Peuty

Peuty New Recruit

PSN ID
    Peuty
    Unfortunately I won't be taking part in tonights race because of work, but looking forward to the remainder of the season.
    George and Clevohead like this.
  3. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Tough round tonight

Qualified only a tenth of pole again after giving it everything.
    Race 1 was a shocker for me, had a ok start and was in 2nd for a while but lack of brake markers into turn 1 had me brake early and ads was by. Ran a little wide into turn 4 had me cope a 5 sec penalty and move to 4th. More missing brake markers at the end of the lap had me make another big mistake and frustration kicked in. Brought car home 5th i think.

On pole for race 2. Had a sluggish start and was dragged of track into barriers then cars all over the place in turn 1 2 3 had me regain 2nd behind emu. Got a really good run through sector 2 and did a late move into the left hander. Had an intense fight for the whole race that had some side by side. Really had to defend alot and run slow through sector 3 to not overheat the rears.
    But i managed my first roozs win and im bloody happy about that. It is so competitive here and you have to be so consistent to win.

Not bothered by a poor round result just annoyed i didn't harass emu all of round 1 make him work harder for it.

See you all after the break
    emuegg11, George, beakeroo and 3 others like this.
  4. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Yes I think that was you being squeezed into the barrier, looked insane

5. Sideiron7

Sideiron7 New Recruit

Hi men, disappointed in myself for not taking the right car to the meet last night, was to excited about being able to race after i thought i wasn't going to make it. Silly me!. This i think means I had no setup for the race which made it difficult to stay on the track, sorry boys. Luved watching you guys go round the track all the same. Hopin i can bring my A game soon, I think I've got one, somewhere, i'll find it.
    SuiCid3, Peuty and Ad2mny like this.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    And I'm looking forward to being back for the remainder of the season. It's been difficult seeing the results for the previous two races and wondering where I should have been in the pack!
    SuiCid3 and Peuty like this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    My first 15 mins of race 1.

SuiCid3, Peuty and Noxrai like this.
  8. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Very clean racing ads. Great stuff!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Looks like that colliding/stuck glitch
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    What an EPIC dive into turn one on lap 2!!!!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    5 guys within 5 points of each other, nice grouping there ;)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    We had lost all marker boards by the end of quali and i braked at the first board on the fence instead of the second
    SuiCid3 and Noxrai like this.
  14. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    We had the same problem in our division lol. Took me all of qualifying to reudjust. Was a pain in the butt still.
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Well, you can be proud that you contributed to make an impressive looking overtake! :thumbsup:
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  16. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Oh no, I didnt understand how the points the worked from that round, good work to @Ad2mny on 2nd in the first race to grab the advantage on points....and thanks for a great race everyone :-D

P.s I am away for Bathurst weekend (at Bathurst) are there rules about sub drivers??
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Ad2mny likes this.
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Points work by awarding full points for 1st race and 1/2 points for 2nd race. These totals are then ranked from 1st to last to give your position for the round then points are awarded as normal. You got 3rd overall hence awarded 16 points.
    George likes this.
  18. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Great win jason, man that was intense. Loved every minute. Nice podiums to all and looked great through the field. Man it was hard with out those braking markers 2nd race was much easier. Hats off to jason on his drive, that was one wickard battle m8 with some awesome side by side stuff great battling like that. Sorry for the couple of taps on ya rear bumper was trying to stay as close as to get a run on ya. Cheers emu
    Peuty, Clevohead, George and 2 others like this.
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Race 1 could not have gone any better for me. Was surprised to be so close to the front runners pace (except @emuegg11 who was so fast he was already at Imola) and got away with the front runners off the line. Grit my teeth and stayed out wide into turn 1, got power down and slipped under a wide running @George. Podium place already, and emu was starting to open a gap very early on. Had @jasondull1986 in my sights but just out of reach and no one hassling my rear bumper so could straight away concentrate on my lap. Come onto the front straight for the first time and noticed Jason hitting his brakes way to early. I closed right up watching the fence for my brake marker, and he let off again but the damage was done as I stomped on the brake and zoomed up the inside. I knew he was faster than me but I also knew how hard it would be to pass, so I just put eyes forward as much as I could and concentrated on my lines. A few scares as he closed right up but eventually a cut track penalty lap 5 (6:47 on the vid) dropped him back behind Tuddy and gave me some breathing space. I only had one little scare in the final complex where it nearly turned into a spin lap 7 (9:46) and the rest was relatively smooth sailing. Props to the back markers too, very considerate.

The second qually was handled well too guys well done.

Race 2 was an entirely different kettle of fish for me. Starting from the rear of the grid, and Jason on pole, I knew I'd have my work cut out for me. Tried my luck around the outside again at turn 1 as everyone got tangled up. Turn 2 I caught @HIGGS 's tail as he struggled on the grass nearly spinning out but I now found myself in 5th just behind @Clevohead . He was a little wide into the final complex so I stuck my nose in and gave him a little tap but pulled back in behind. Got a freak run onto the straight, pulled out the slipstream and up to 4th. 2 laps later disaster as I clipped the tall strip on the little left kink after you come off the back straight. @fezza and Clevo got back past and was now in 6th. By the end of the next lap I was back on Clevo's tail and was able to get by into turn 1 again. Slowly reeled Fezza in but a strange slide caught me out as I exited the chicane, sliding in a giant tank slapper lock to lock on the wheel and pulled out somehow but had slowed considerably. Didn't lose a place but Fezza was a fair distance now. A shortcut penalty next lap out of turn 4 and the gap opened even more. Took a deep breath and said calm down, consistency will be the key. So I stopped worrying about catching up and just concentrated on my lines. Sure enough Fezza started getting closer and closer, and by lap 13 he was tantalisingly close. Towards the end of the lap I was very close and I lined myself up for a run out the final chicane but a little too much kerb and I gained a cut penalty. NOOOOOOOOO!! 2 laps was just not enough to make back up enough ground, but I closed the gap back up to finish a frantic 5th.

Well done everyone one another trouble free event, and to emu and Jason on their respective victories.
    Peuty, SuiCid3, George and 3 others like this.
  20. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Just watched replay, sorry clevo turn 1 race 2 for the touch, it was all a bit mad. Was trying to keep right to avoid stuff on the left.
    Clevohead likes this.