PCARS PCARS HTO GT3 SERIES BRONZE

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Oct 30, 2015.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Congrats @seowster on the championship.
    Congrats all for sticking it out to the end despite the hiccups.
    Had some great battles with some of you throughout and it was great to be back behind the wheel in a more competitive field (for me anyway lol).

Thanks again to @VARDZ for taking the time to organise the GTO series, as always, it's been a blast for me as it has been in the past.
    Thanks to @garyw61 and @Ad2mny and all others who hosted and helped with the running of the Bronze division.
    Looking forward to the next one!

Edit: I'm not used to being behind the wheel all that much anymore, but last night was a whole other ball game lol. Foot was starting to tighten up and was on the verge of cramping towards the end!
    Ad2mny, seowster and SPL Racing like this.
  2. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Thanks mate, i was watching my 11 second lead dropping down to 7 seconds until your tyres went off and i managed to stretch it back out again. With only a short time to learn the track i had no idea how my tyres would be on a long stint or how fuel consumption would be so i was just winging it. I'm sure i put 30 laps worth of fuel in to start then another 15 laps worth at the pit stop yet still fell about 5 laps short.
  3. autech91

autech91 Professional

Congrats to @seowster for tearing it up in the ocean liner.
    Great to see that all in Bronze had fun and stuck it out, that's what online racing is all about!
    SuiCid3, seowster and Flukyluke99 like this.
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I had the steering glitch last night. After countless hours practicing with a 6:9:1 ratio it wouldn't amend itself even after returning to pit box and resetting the console. Basically had to learn to drive it again which was frustrating as in practice I was getting 00's almost constantly. Had to let Seowster past as I was struggling to get 03's at first. Eventually got down to 00's after pitting in and getting a handle on it.

Also I'm glad we're done with rolling starts. I had no idea what was called last night to start? Was it caller? How about go go go? I was swallowed up into 6th and played destruction derby for the first few corners lol.
    seowster likes this.
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I was just about to say... I hope I didn't cause any issues on the start last night.
    I was a bit hesitant to get on the throttle after I heard the 'Clear' signal, but I was following rocket and ended up jumping everyone into 2nd position.
    Managed to hold position for a few laps while giving my teammate a +5s gap before I started getting overtaken :thumbsup:

Edit: I wasn't deliberately holding you guys up btw... I just couldn't keep up with SPL :)
    SPL Racing likes this.
  6. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Sry I missed last night guys. Unfortunately I didn't get out of work till late. With the UFC on and a foundation members Christmas party it drew in 3000 people through my doors and just couldn't get out in time. Congrats to seowster for the win. Up to silver for you so will make it a bit easier for us next season. And well done to everyone who made it on a regular basis and to vardz for the organisation of a great series and to the guys who hosted as well.

Hopefully work commitments will slow down for me next season so I can compete a bit more often
    SPL Racing likes this.
  7. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Also I'm glad we're done with rolling starts. I had no idea what was called last night to start? Was it caller? How about go go go? I was swallowed up into 6th and played destruction derby for the first few corners lol.[/QUOTE]
    Ads gave the all clear once he got onto the straight and as pole sitter it is up to me when we jumped, i'll admit i was a bit cheeky last night and held the pack for a while before i went but i needed to to get as much advantage as i could cause i knew that you and Seowster would be right on my arse. There were a couple of cars back in the pack that jumped a bit early and caused some chaos at turn 1.
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah not blaming anyone, it was just a confusing situation all around. Much prefer a grid start myself.
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah not sure what happened last night. The rolling starts have been going well, but last night for some reason the second half of he field decided to overtake everyone, even before the start/finish line?

Sorry about my mic last night too guys. It's a :):):):):) to find the slider switch on mine, and then it has no 'feel' when you slide it. Was sure I had switched it off twice, but finally got it on the third go lol.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yes a disappointing rolling start with many jumping the gun. The rule has been the same for every round, last place calls clear once on the main straight, then the start is in pole position's hands. Was surprised to see so many jump the gun when normally they have worked well.

Anyway, a poor result from myself in the end, but strangely satisfying at the same time. Most of the race I was chasing dots in the distance, or making room for cars lapping me, but I still enjoyed the race. I think I must just like the track, and I had the headphones a little louder than normal so it was quite immersive.

Well done @seowster for your championship victory, and to everyone else who stuck it out to the end. It's not just the game that's keeps people coming back, it's the big numbers of competitors.

See you all on track again soon.
  11. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    It's a great track. Probably my favorite of all tbh. I was saying to the boys during the week that although it was a long race I find it a very relaxing and enjoyable one.

It's been good racing with you again this season ads, you're always cleaner than a nun's knickers and a good example to the new guys on how its done. I'll have to try and get a few more races in next season and mount a challenge though.
    Ad2mny likes this.