PCARS PCARS HTO GT3 SERIES BRONZE

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Oct 30, 2015.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Really dont care what car, tell me what's slowest and link me a tune ?

@beakeroo i will stay out of everyone's way, I will qual to see where I sit on pace, but then pull over and let people past if I need to, if that's ok.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    They are all good cars, but I think the Porsche is really gonna struggle at Bathurst. The maclaren is probably a good starter car. The Aston too, plus it sounds heaps better than the Macca. Turn the headphones up and enjoy!
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, i have the macca with the FFB setup already so might use that......will look around for a tune
  4. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    You and I will have a great battle at the back of pack mate,
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I'll be there also! Bathurst is not going to be kind to me.
  6. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Maybe 1 room tonight
    Look for giants room guys I will invite everyone .
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    We will still have around 10
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Good racing tonight guys, I thoroughly enjoyed it. After not looking forward to the Bathurst race I was amazed to pull in third. I made it hard for myself though after opening a 9 second lead on 4th place I overcooked my left side going up the hill and then coming down lost control. Came back out ahead of VH Mik and pulled away a second or so but realized that going up the hill my crumpled bonnet was making it impossible to judge my usual driving line so began a cat and mouse game of me pulling away going down the hill and around to conrod only to be caught up going back up the hill where I was blind! :p

The ring was a different story. The U-Boat just couldn't keep up with the smaller cars. Again I heated up my tyres too high whilst pulling away in third following Mik and Gary(? I think) and before I knew it I was going faster than the tyres wanted me to and had a spin out. Had some close racing with Rod and Seowster for the rest of the race. Good stuff guys, sorry when I nudged you here and there. Got caught in your slip at one point Rod and I redressed. Wasn't trying to bully you with the U-Boat mate.
    Ad2mny and seowster like this.
  9. seowster

seowster Rookie

PSN ID
    seowster
    All Good Mate, it was good fun...
    beakeroo likes this.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Missed the first race.
    Got on just in time to get some practise in for the second half.
    Surprised by my pace. Managed 2nd on the grid.
    Apologies for the non-double file start. A bit hard to hear what was supposed to happen without a headset.
    Hopefully will be getting one for xmas.

.001 split between 2nd and 3rd on the grid. :thumbsup:

Mik was way too fast for any of us.. but I was surprised that I was pulling a gap to 3rd as well.
    It was another lonely race, but this time at the pointy end.
    beak somehow lost position and I was watching SPL trying to close the gap.
    He got it down to about 4.5s at one point but I'm assuming he was have overcooked it as it went back up to 7-8s towards the end.
    Cruised to the end, but had a MASSIVE brainfart and slammed into the barricades on the last hairpin on the last lap and almost gave 2nd place away!
  11. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I made a last minute change to my car just before quali at Bathurst to try and take some under steer out and completely stuffed my set up. It was almost undriveable and I was bottoming out my suspension right across the top of the mountain. Somehow got a lap in to quali 3rd but spun so many times in the race going back to dead last.
    I hadn't done a lap and Nurburgring before the race and spent most of the practice finding a tune and putting it in. I managed to get up to speed enough to qualify 6th then with a bit of luck worked my way to 3rd. I was holding up Rod for a few laps while I was still learning the flow of the track but then managed to get a gap and maintain it to the end.
    Ad2mny and seowster like this.
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I quit this series, missed race one due to being an early start with no notice given by organiser.

I apologise to my team mates.
  13. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah I lost it coming into turn 3 and jumped the curb getting a 5 second penalty. Then just tried cruising home and saw your marker on the map parked at the final turn. Good team points for Illocom racing
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  14. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    That's a shame Clevo, regs had room open at 7:45 with 30 min practice for race 1 before quali then 15 mins practice for the following race. I hope you reconsider, it's always good having you on the grid.
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Another round to forget. Struggling for last 2 weeks with a mystery illness/toothache which has knocked me about in the evenings. Days are fine for some reason. Got to about half distance working my way up to mid pack and maintaining a good pace then the mind started wandering. Not a place not to be paying proper attention. I worked my way back down the field with a couple of hopefull retakes but took second last.

Nurb was more of the same, great first half then downhill from there. My highlight was my brief battle with @seowster over a couple of corners, then hoping @stucar17 would play a bit but ended up wiping myself and him out.

Laguna is one of my favourite tracks, hoping to have some health and track time under my belt by then.

As we all agree the rolling starts were very messy this round, let's do better next round.
    seowster and SPL Racing like this.
  16. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Was pushing time to make it with family commitments. But was working off 8.30 race start and race was 5-6 laps in when I tried to join @ 8.20-25. Ad2mny chatted to me afterwards and explained there was an early race start with him only being told @ 6.30 tonight...

Yeah I may have been pushing it to get there, but with the bugs with pitting in this series, and now time changes without notice, it was the straw to break the proverbial's back.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]
    Results
    [​IMG]

Fl's
    [​IMG]

Nurb Qual Pole Mik (no screenshot)

Results
    [​IMG]

Fl's
    [​IMG]
    seowster likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks for letting me have a run lads, was a real eye opener first time in.

Bathurst was a shocker, not sure if the tune was any good, as it turns out I had the wrong wheel settings up until giant and sik helped me out late tonight. Feels much better but still trying to get my head around it.

race 2 was a little better, qual 5th but slotted to last to stay out of everyone's way, had a little battle with Ads and a few others but didn't want to ruin their night so tried to stay close without costing them time. Might run again next week, will see how I go for time and how well I get up to speed. The macca felt good around Laguna once I got the wheel sorted, not sure they could have got it any more complicated even if they tried. Will see what tomorrow night brings !
    Cheers stu
    SuiCid3, vh_mik, seowster and 2 others like this.
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The hardest part is getting the wheel how you like it. Once you've got that you'll be set.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Did anyone else get track cut warnings whilst leaving the pits to stay quali's? I got them in both races last night. Completely crazy!