PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Funny, I didn't think there was any comparison ;)
    t_b_williams and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    i guess GT6 just kept using the same audio files from the first release of Gran Turismo. Waiting for PCARS!
  3. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    "Clean up in aisle 2"
    That sounds freeking amazing!!
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
  5. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Ac you hear back fire better on downshifts but on cars I hear gearbox whine like the real thing
  8. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Upshifts in P Cars sound terrible...
  9. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I have found somewhere to agree with you, your Avatar picture with my countrymen Falcao ;)
  10. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Here's the real thing for comparison...
    Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.
  11. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    That was AMAZING!!!
  12. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    A couple of 'holy :):):):) how is he not in the wall?!?' moments on that lap! And that Mini and Porsche...LOL
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    They get so close at that speed it's ridiculous. What the hell was that guy in the mini thinking!
  14. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
  15. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    [​IMG]
    SuiCid3, WAC, Crunch and 3 others like this.
  17. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Rene has posted the following this week. it's already been shared by the likes of Audi Motorsport (official facebook), Car Throttle, and a bunch of other high profile websites

18. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    people i'm not here to put the game down but just to warn everyone that don't get your hopes up and set the bar for this game too high.
    I built my PC for this game when i heard news but finally getting my hands on a build (november 2014 build) i was at a loss and very let down.I am not sure what i was hoping for but what i saw and felt just didn't add up and appeared bland and frustratingly wrong to me in my own opinion but as for console i'm sure it'll do great and to some smash gt6 but to others not even be close.As for pc i feel it is way off the mark to be taken seriously as a all out hardcore sim as they have marketed (At this stage of build) also the UI will make you want to punch your teeth in :mad: hopefully that gets fixed.But it can be a enjoyable game as can grid autosport,dirt,Jucied so on

But at the end of the day and in closing guys it's all about what you see as being real if its,GT6,iracing,Rfactor,AC,Raceroom or project cars all I'm saying is try not to fall for marketing like pro/am racers saying it's realistic (they said the same for shift) and GT6 even grid 2 (were they on crack for that 1 :confused:)and note that the graphics will be massively downgraded for ps4 so it can run smoother otherwise that console will just stutter away(We pay hundreds some thousands on pc gear to get great games looking like those screens you'd be shocked if i told you that shift 2 on a pc looks jaw dropping good in screens as well hell even juiced 2 looks great) and also note that once you are racing at full speed you wont even notice most graphics anyway.
    But i do hope some people grab this game and really enjoy it and for the guy's that don't there are hundreds of sim's out there to pick from :thumbsup: (on pc as for console i may know of something special in the works for end of this year maybe next,still at the drawing board if it's possible ;))
    RANT OVER just had to get it out there seeing thousands of people wet there pant's over this game everywhere i go but no one had taken it for a spin themselves just stills and compressed youtube clips and once again Just to note this is my own opinion as i said other's might agree or disagree come crunch day:thumbsup:

if anyone has a pc and wants a link to the build to try out and see if it's a game for you just send me a pm :coffee::thumbsup:
    Cyber_STIG_77 and KoAStR like this.
  19. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Cheers for sharing your thoughts, but what build are you sharing (which is strictly against WMD ToS)?
    I also didn't play much during November because a new Force Feedback model was being implemented (which made things feel odd) and Andy is starting to finalise the UI now after the holidays.

Just hope you're keeping up with the developers before 'reviewing' things. ;) There are weeks where the game is kinda unplayable, and weeks where it's pure awesomeness, that's just the nature of development. If the devs had to keep things working for us nothing would ever get done. Innovation comes from experimentation (and (internal) feedback).

Agree with your sentiments on marketing. I wasn't a fan of NFS Shift handling. Rene is just a normal user, not paid by anyone to say anything about the game. He hardly posts anything on the WMD forum. It's all about what he can get out of it as far as I can see.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  20. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    i'm not sure found a ini that says build 829 15/10/2014 so not november like i thought i also don't fall into the terms of service because i never signed 1, I dug pretty deep to find this build so i'm not keeping up with developers but with the amount of time in development there should of been some solid areas that were just in need of polishing not complete rewrites.
    It is also possible to have fully working builds every new release i just went through full development of AC from start to 1.0.also RR3

wasn't so much a review more of a point to warn that some may be disappointed with the final product even if the build i have could have many broken features at that date 15/10/2014 there should have been something set in stone when release is to be in march with last few months left for tweaking graphics/audio in a games usual development timeline not complete rebuilds of ui ffb animations so on.

it's hard to explain what i felt wasn't right not so ffb or graphics it was the feel of surrounds look of each cars slight movements bumps how the corners felt under load to me just did not feel natural and that will not change no matter how much they rebuild because it's that games flare each sim has one i just don't happen too like it
    some will..some will go mad for this game but as i said there will be a few who will not like it which happens with alot of games
    and was my main point to all to not hype yourselves up till you try it yourself.

not everyone will like this game and it all falls down to immersion and control,and for me i feel this game being so late in the build is off the mark for my tastes and for what i belive to be control and immersion.