PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The t300 is gonna cost you at least $500 or more even. At the moment there is a PS4 league about to start with 20 drivers and maybe more to come.

Have no idea how many here have it on PC, I know @Anon666 has it, I gave it to him lol. @S_CLOSE has it on PC too I'm pretty sure, as does @Driftoz. Was hoping the PC guys would run a championship alongside the PS4 guys but maybe there is not the numbers yet.

PC has the advantage as it can have better graphics and more players in an online room, but the ps4 is just plug and play. You could go either way I guess, $600 on improving your computer or $600 on a new wheel for ps4. Do you have a ps4 @colin-50_ ? That's another $400. All the wheels (except dfgt) are compatible with PC so you wouldn't need a new one, seems the cheaper way but doesn't seem like many others have it yet.

BTW for ps4 users, we are organising a t300 group buy to try get a good discount. We have 8 confirmed so far, the more the better. Register your interest here http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/thrustmaster-t300-multi-order.1677/

Also, the Pcars championship thread is here http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt3-challenge.1671/
    Crunch likes this.
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I have Project Cars on PC and using the Logitech DFGT and it works a treat. The FFB had me stuffed at first but once you add one of the FFB files from Jack Spade it is AWESOME. I can actually feel what the car is doing through my wheel.
    Cyber_STIG_77 and Ad2mny like this.
  3. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Well there ha go, dfgt works. Damn, I should get a better computer instead lol.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Yea, no need to throw away the DFGT just yet.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @colin-50_ that money will go alot further on upgrading the PC especially if you don't already have the PS4. Plus you will get even more out of the PC sims you've already got, not to mention other advantages.

So it really comes down to whether you want to go where the numbers are, and have a "plug and play no worries" experience (PSN permitting!) or go for upgrading your PC which could be a superior system in the end. That's not to say there aren't other groups out there with good numbers for pCARS league racing on PC.
    Peter Wise and Ad2mny like this.
  6. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    which is better g25 or g27
  7. Kobus Maree

Kobus Maree Rookie

g25 is often considered better. but discontinued product...
    Crunch likes this.
  8. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    why is the g25 better
  9. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    For sim racing, I'd actually agree that PC is better- and I'm a staunch playstation supporter.

For video gaming beyond sims, PC is a joke. Video gaming culture is tied to the consoles. You can't have friends round to play on a PC... Consoles are a lifestyle choice.
    -
    Damnit, I brought the thread back to the prehistoric age again, lol.

-
    @colin-50_ I do recommend Thrustmaster or Fanatec, SIMPLY because Logitech are no longer in the wheel periphery business. T300 is very good option imo. If you're looking at the G Series because of the shifter, then I recommend the T500(which I own) - or just the TH8RS (or A) if that works with the T300. I bought my T500 before T300 was announced... =(
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    G25 pros - Stronger FFB (straight cut gear driven) and shifter is dual mode (H-Pattern or sequential). The shifter is the clincher for me.
    G27 pros - Quieter and smoother FFB (helical cut gear driven), 4 more buttons on the wheel.

You can still pick up G25s on ebay, barely used. Should be able to get one for <$100.
    My G25 is still going strong after over 4 years.
    I saw G27s in JB HiFi the other day for about $250.
    Only thing is the both shifters feel like toys, but they do the job - I hear the thrustmaster shifter has a better feel.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  11. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks for that info i just loathed to spend $600 on another wheel and $500 for ps4 when all the original rooz are mainly on PC
  12. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

13. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Or they could just make the g25/27, Dfgt work on the ps4 but I guess they wouldn't make any money that way, if Pcars wants to own the console racing market this simply has to happen, or just make a definitive decision and statement one way or the other instead of the maybe it will work in the future bull:):):):) that keeps getting thrown around and leaves a lot of punters in limbo, there's more than one guilty party here and it's all driven by greed and that stinks.
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    It's just silly considering it's fully supported in PCARS for PC.
  15. Mael

Mael Professional

If the G27 is regarded as quiet the the G25 must sound like a jumbo jet :D. My G27 rumbles like an old russian truck over any uneven surface!
    Crunch, Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol yea they both do that when the FFB levels are high... it's more about when you move the wheel.
    Just turning the wheel (outside of a sim) it will be smoother and quieter.
  17. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Stop being so racist Mael!?!?
  18. Mael

Mael Professional

I've earned the right to criticize the Russian's, owned a Lada Niva for 10 years and about 150,000 k's!
    Now that had good steering feedback, after a day of driving you arms were ready to fall off! The joys of no power-steering ;)
    One positive was I never got a speeding ticket, top speed was about 130km/h down a good hill with a tail wind :roflmao:
    Anon666, Cyber_STIG_77 and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    So that's the image in your profile :eek:
  20. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    I watched this Porsche Supercup race last weekend and thought I'd try something a little different on my channel

(How do I post a YT link w/o it embedding?)
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    Peter Wise likes this.