GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz Endurance Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by REVO_Bryan, Jan 1, 2018.

?

Track selection: Which circuits would you most like to add to the WES calendar?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2018.
  1. Dragon Trail

66.7%
  2. Autodrome Lago Maggiore

38.1%
  3. Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

28.6%
  4. Alsace Village

9.5%
  5. Brands Hatch GP Circuit

23.8%
  6. Autodromo de Interlagos

42.9%
  7. Nurburgring GP

47.6%
  8. Willow Springs International - Big Willow

4.8%
  9. Suzuka

38.1%
  10. Mount Panorama

81.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Hey Mez there was an issue with our room at the start with no BOP on which I think you herd so that needs to be doubled checked before quaily as it was a complete balls up ............................
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Been organised for quite a while now. 2 different days to run it aswell. We spoke about it last night that half the people wouldnt show up. Alot of people put there name down for something and dont do it. Im not saying that problems and things dont come up but it does happen all the time.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    How many ran in the Sunday race?, we had 7 starters, five finishers Saturday.
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Dunno but not all teams had enough runners. Unknown if any chucked in the towel
    emmo46 likes this.
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    @NAACS had to
  6. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I'll be looking over the results and come up with a fair way to score lapped finishers as the Sunday room wasn't clear on BOP settings and Qualifying was run without BOP enforced. At this stage a fixed delta seems to be the fairest option.

As @Hatfield has suggested, scoring top two drivers from each team towards the team result may be the best option. The field spread is greater than anticipated for this series (perhaps lack of practice and setup understanding helping that). I will discuss with @Bryan_F (as organiser of sister/support TCR series) the best way forward to address this to ensure everyone is entitled to a fair result and not miss out on the teams championship due to last minute absentees. If this is the case I will introduce a separate drivers championship.

Thank you to everyone who showed up to support this series. :D:D:D

The first race of a new format is always expected to have a few hiccups and I haven't helped by some vague rules and regulations in the OP. This will also be addressed in full before Round 2.

I'll process results soon and start a new thread with round one results. :cool:

--

@AroGantz , if you have any protests please lodge them to me. The ROOZ Stewards are not the judicial body for this series. :thumbsup:
    pat65, Hatfield and REVO_Bryan like this.
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I think that @Mezign has answered your question here, however I should point out that everyone has the ability to double check room regulations and also the ability to provide quality / constructive feedback.
    Additionally, I'm still very much a green thumb at hosting, having only 1 regular season of it under my belt.
    I appreciate any and all assistance that can be offered to make each race as smooth as possible.
    Hatfield, Tristan Jones and Mezign like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I still think that missing laps should be based on their last clean lap or an average of the last three laps in the race with a small percentage increase.
    Mezign likes this.
  9. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I had a good race...mostly against myself, getting lap times that were as good and better than those in practice. Turns out I was a little more consistant than @Matthyus, having ditched using TCS for last few races of season 1 and all of season 2.

I saw everyone pulling away using other compunds, I think every version got a run, which probably/ hopefully? speaks to how close they all are once a good strategy has been developed. Despite being left behind, I stuck to the strategy, knowing that I just wasn't as consistant on the softer compounds - though continuing to doubt myself!

I did go off a few times, and twice got some damage, which I pitted early for, but was much more consistant than my practice runs. Also I before the weekend I was getting 32 laps out of a tank (was half full after 16, didn't do a full length practise!) - but changing 2-3k lower rpm got me about 70 laps, and no slower - amazing difference!

Towards the last 30 laps or so, I gained hope and saw @AroGantz was potentially in view. He was lapping faster, on softs, but pitting every 13? laps or so.

Sorry if I hit you! Amazing to last all that way then be so tense at the end! I had a great time, I won't protest, not sure who is at fault either way, I will have a closer look later! Thanks for the redress, did you get tyres at your pit on lap 75? I would have fueled less if I realised we were doing 87 laps!

Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  10. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    @Matthyus, you did fine mate, I didn't realise bop was meant to be on until 5 o'clock.
    @Mezign, no protest mate, I was just suggesting to Jonesy that with 3 corners to go we should not bother with redressing and let you sort it out post race.
    I absolutely love this format, pure racing at its best and I'm looking forward to R2.
    Hatfield, Tristan Jones and emmo46 like this.
  11. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    There was no fault imo Jonesy, I was fighting for the place in a damaged car and you were trying to take it, that is racing.
    And I took my last tyres at lap 71 and should have went to RS to finish, I knew I needed less fuel but didn't think about the tyres.
  12. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I've decided the fairest format (due to the large field pace spread and running two rooms) is to set it at a fixed delta. I'm working on 1min10sec for this race. Not as brutal as the initial value and within the average lap pace for everyone. I don't have a screenshot of the overall finish times, only lap down count from the Sunday race, so I have to calculate laps down as fixed delta from race winners time. Not accurate, but the most fair calculation. We'll make sure we run through all the processes before round 2 so hosts understand the entire format and data needed. I think there may have been some miscommunication last night with what data I required from Johnno. He took a screenshot of the lap times instead of overall finish time. Not a big deal. All part of the learning process to make the series work.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I had that screenshot and have sent it on the ps chat
    Mezign likes this.
  14. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
  15. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I'm thinking about reducing the bonus points for overall consistency. 10 is a bit much and takes away from the team who wins overall. Either 3 or 5 seems more appropriate. Thoughts?
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I did take a lot of screenshots, from where is this screenshot taken?
    For any driver who is down a +X lap, you would still need to delta it up right?
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I actually don't see the point of this. It favours teams who have drivers from the same division. If your team has a div 1 guy and a div 3 or 4 guy you have no chance.
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    It's ok. I got a screenshot from Hat. Just needed the Race Results screen that shows overall time, not time to leader. Dynamite is the only one missing but his track position and finishing result don't affect results.

It was intended to help out the smaller teams to encourage the drivers to work together. Even if dead last they could sync times to get a bonus towards the championship. The intention was that drivers/teams would put in more preparation and dedication to the series considering it was a collaborative race result and long races. That hasn't seemed to happen so perhaps it is best to keep it simple until ROOZ is ready. I'm fine with dropping it. :thumbsup:
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We did put in some work though. But putting in work won't bring lower division guys up to meet higher division guys in terms of pace/consistency necessarily
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll have a look when I get home to see if I took it. Pretty sure I did.
    What I read from this is that if you have a mix of drivers from different divisions, the leader could slow down to game the bonus points instead of aiming for outright points themselves. Teamwork instead of personal victory.
    Sounds shady as hell to me :(