RFACTOR rFactor 2 General discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Jan 25, 2012.

1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Haha Koastr, you kiwi's always be doin things half arsed eh!! :p This was more of a dig at my missus :lol:
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    What a f**n drama. Only two of the three mod files are recognised, and none of them install, either crashing the mod manager or "failed to verify" error message.

Have reinstalled from scratch witht the same issue. Looks like the only option left is to download the RFMOD files again...

Looking at the file sizes it doesn't look like the download was complete. Weird. The download status said 100% but, for instance, one of the files is 712MB on the DL page, and only 392MB on my hard drive. Stupid thing. :mad:
  3. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thoroughly enjoying this. Obviously I love the 60's. Drove the Spark F1 and it's awesome (and difficult!).
    Gave the Megane a brief run, then had a solid session in the Forumula Renault. :cool:
    The feel is excellent and responds beautifully to tuning. I love seeing the smoke puffs and scuff marks off the front and the inside wheel slowing then locking etc.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I had a race around Belgium GP (Spa) in the Spark F1 special. Wow! Seat of you pants all the way. And the sense of speed is amazing.

I agree that the cockpit graphics lack the finess of iRacing, but the tyres and the environment at large looks awesome IMO. Animated 3D pit stewards, and 3D trees. All look amazing especially at Spa when they're whizzing by at 300kmh! :D Can't wait for HDR to be implemented. Lighting effects will really set it off.

And the heat haze is already pretty cool. Plus in the Formula Renault you can put on 'visor' view, viewing as if you're looking through the visor of a helmet with a transparent graphic strip up top and a slight gradual dirtying of the screen. :cool:

I would definitley say that the promo vid in the OP is representative of in-game graphics.

We should get into a server for a run sometime! Whose on board? Seido what about you, this '60s GP should be right up your alley?!

5. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bump - update from build 49 to build 60 available - 60MB
  7. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Yeah, nothing significant in the new build. Tbh, I'm getting more enjoyment out of C.A.R.S.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I'm having problems getting the HDR lighting effects to work.
    There's some info about it on the ISI forums here - ISI forums - HDR Problems, but it's not helping....
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bump.

Latest build and updates out this month = build 90 (last build I've played is 69)

Packages
    1960's World Class Racing updated to v1.1
    Formula Renault 3.5 updated to v1.2
    GT World Endurance updated to v1.1
    NEW - ISI Formula Masters Road (2011) v1.0 added
    Renault Megane Trophy updated to v1.1

Track
    NEW Track - Brianza v1.0 added

Will download this soon... anyone tried these updates? Any improvements..

My experience with build 69 is that FFB works fine but the feel could be improved. I can't get HDR effects to work on my machine.. it really makes the game look bland so I hope it's fixed...
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bump

Latest build = build 107

Currently downloading updates 90 - 101, and 101-107 at ~45MB combined.
    Will let you know if it feels/looks any different....

EDIT - still feels a bit disconnected from the track surface, maybe even more so. HDR still not working.. graphics still looking very dated. :(
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Up to build 134 now. Will DL this week and check it out. Looks like I've missed a few so will have to DL the full installer instead of updates (500MB)

Also new series packages
    FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B V1.0 added
    Renault Clio cup V1.0
    Skip Barber Formula 2000 v1.0
  12. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Dave,
    It will also be worth your time to download all of the tracks available. There is a track pack torrent available here, makes it easy.
    There is a couple of stand-out tracks in there. Most notably, Croft and Toban, the latter I believe should be in every sim. It's great.

Also that Formula 2 car is fantastic.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    OK cool thanks Beau. It's 2.8GB so might set that up to DL later.

For some reason I can't DL the Formula 2... the ISI forum comes up with an error
  14. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Argh fark, that's a bummer.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea. The forum error message came up with a link to contact an ISI admin so I sent that through.. had a reply this morning, should be fixed up now, will try later tonight or tomorrow.

I couldn't DL the track pack torrent either. kept getting "failed to connect to tracker" error. Sometimes that resolves itself so I left it on all night to retry and still the same. I'm using Free Download Manager, but suspect it's not a problem on my end...

I noticed today the post has edited so with and updated dated file dated yesterday. Probably why the torrent was down last night for the updating to the new version shown today. Hopefully will work when I next try it.

BTW yea that Toban raceway was great fun in rFactor1. Was part of the base content.
  16. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    ah KoAStR what do you know about SIM RACEWAY as i have just down loaded it
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Definite improvements in build 134 from the last one I played.

General improvement in graphics, particularly trackside detail and environments.
    Cars feel much more connected to the ground. FFB is quite lively and responds to track surface imperfections.

Had a quick go in the Formula 2 and it seems pretty sweet. But spent more time in the '60s GP car at Belgium (spa) for a better comparison with previous trie-outs.... def looking good so will be spending some more time with rF2 :)
  19. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i am totaly confused
    which is the best site IRACING STOCKCAR 2012 RFACTOR
    and which one kinder on graphics cards
    as i tried SIM RACERWAY it was crap and was very glichy as my graphics card struggled and i found IRACING was a lot kinder
    whats the verdicked as they all cost money and wife does not like me spending
    if i had my way i would buy the lot
    can you help please as i have a head ache
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    In order of system requirements ('kindest n graphics cards' first :p):
    1. Stockcar 2012[/*]
    2. iRacing[/*]
    3. rFactor2[/*]

In order of cost (cheapest first):
    1. Stockcar 2012[/*]
    2. rFactor2 (but you can/will be able to get loads more free community content i.e. cars and tracks)[/*]
    3. iRacing[/*]

Hard to rate the 3 in terms of physics. Each have their own feel, good points and shortcomings. Stockcar 2012 is very intuitive, iRacing possibly less so.
    rFactor2 isn't complete yet but already looking very good and still getting better.

There's a bit of discussion comparing iRacing with some others at this link - http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=654
    iRacing is the only one where events are organised for you (by iRacing). The others you will have to get involved with community run events or create your own.

You could also check out rFactor1. System requirements are similar Stockcar 2012. It will be cheap (although possibly not as cheap as Stockcar) as to pick up now and you can download HEAPS of community created content for FREE from www.rfactorcentral.com Content is rated 0 - 5 stars and popular content gets into the HoF (hall of fame) so it's easy to narrow it down to the good stuff.

For the price I would definitely recommend Stockcar 2012 (it's less than USD$20)