RFACTOR rFactor 2 General discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Jan 25, 2012.

1. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks for your help KoAStR, but by the look of it IRACING is supported by the league the most ,would i be right in saying that
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea that's right.

As rFactor2 develops a few more might get into it, but for now your best bet for a race with other ROOZ members is iRacing (or GT5 of course).

Would be keen to swap some paint with you guys sometime and it's really starting to look good. If we get on TS we can coordinate and join a public server.
  3. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    I have rF2 as well, but don't play it that much due to the low number of 'tin-tops' - not the biggest fan of racing open wheelers in sims (though the 60's Formula cars are great, but extremely difficult to drive), hence why I've been sticking to some gMotor2 sims like Race 07 and Simraceway (haven't yet tried GSC 2012, as Norton doesn't exactly like the demo's installer too much).

I'd love to do some online racing here at ROOZ in either the Nissans or the Renaults (and the Chevys when they are released), but then there's the problem of having to set up a server to race on, and having the right versions of tracks & mods.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I prefer the 'tin-tops' too, with the exception of a blat in the '60s GP cars - try reducing the steering lock to make steering less sensitive, makes them a bit easier to drive.

Been tweaking my graphics settings, HDR seems to be working, and I must say this game is looking freakn sweet. I dropped track detail to medium and cranked most everything else right up (AA only at level 2 + FXAA + HDR on) and getting a nice smooth frame rate with a great look. You don't really focus on the track details, you're looking at the cars so you don't really notice a lower track detail setting and the higher detail gets pretty resource hungry so it's an easy way to boost frames... most of it's just distracting when you're driving anyway.

I've been playing around Spa at 6am in the GP car and put the time scale on max (60x) for a '24hr' run around Malaysia in the Megane. It looks awesome when you go out of the stadium lighting and the whole cockpit goes dark except for the dash, and during dusk or dawn you get awesome amber reflections on the windshield. The FWD Renault is another good one to get in and just get straight to it, and sounds awesome when your screaming down the straight door-to-door. Baseline tunes for both Renaults seem pretty good, but I haven't played around with them yet.

The cars are feeling really good too, connected to the road with loads of environmental FFB effects, and quite intuitive to drive.

If some of us jump in Teamspeak sometime, we can just decide on an existing public server to join.
  5. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    There's been a few Aussie/NZ tracks converted from rF1 popping up on the ISI forums in the last week or so. They are Oran Park (sadly not the laser scanned version, the converter couldn't get permission), Pukekohe and the Canberra 400 street course.

Might be up for a few races soon on a public server with the Renaults, though I'll have to use a Rock Band microphone (which is just a rebranded Logitech microphone) for TeamSpeak for the time being as I don't have a headset that's compatible with my PC just yet.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cool. Looks like those tracks you mention have been added to the track pack torrent (there's also a link to this in the OP)
  7. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Decided to make a basic ROOZ themed skin for the Megane last night...

[​IMG]
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    hehe nice ;)
  9. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Cool, needs a bit of green in there ;)
  10. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Oh, and some bullet holes in the Roo sign :p
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    hehe good call - here's the ones I used for the ROOZ star mazda (iracing open wheeler) WWII fighter skins

[​IMG]
  12. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    ah KoAStR have downloaded rfactor 2 beta and asked me to register ,where and how do i register to run program
  13. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i am already registerd on the forum i forgot to mention
  14. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
  15. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    already have it and have registered on the forum page is that all i have to do
  16. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

i go to the rFactor 2 site to check a couple of gameplay vid's and the first one i click on has one of my favourite Sevendust songs playing. ( reaches to the sky ) IT IS MY DESTINY TO HAVE THIS GAME :p
  17. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

just bought it...jeez nothing like trying another racing sim for a reality check. i don't know how the guys at iRacing do it. on my old laptop i'm getting no less than 54 fps with a 30 car NASCAR grid ( low graphics setting ). on rFactor ( Lime Rock in the Skip ) 10 frames a second and the graphics ( low setting ) are not even in the same decade as iRacing's. to be honest the same goes for the handling ( very very wooden in comparison ), and wheel feedback is VERY limited.
    as it's late i couldn't be bothered looking, so has anyone found a mod for the game that improves the handling engine?
    gonna throw it on the desktop ( more powerful ) computer tomorrow and give it another burl. i've got 30 days to try it and get a refund so that's plenty of time to either like it or hate it :lol: .

my respect for iRacing just went up ten fold though. i'm starting to think i'm not paying enough for it :lol: .
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    On high graphics this game looks amazing in places, but still needs some work in others.

Also alot of people have reported 'input lag' when running at low FPS, which severely compromises the feel of the game. You may need to give it another go on lower settings, or another PC. It's definitely more resource hungry, and not as well optimised for performance without compromising graphics quality when compared to iRacing.

You may also need to load a controller profile to suite your wheel in the rFactor menu.
    The ISI rFactor 2 forums have alot of troubleshooting info.
  19. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

yeah just put this on the desktop and running it on full settings ( except for anti-aliasing at x8 ). it looks better but the rich palette give the textures a gaudy look, like it's hand painted. tiny parts look nice but in the whole scheme it looks quite cartoony, much like RaceOn did ( GTR ) . they've done a pretty unconvincing job of some of the special effects too. the dirt off the tyres when off track looks like tufts of cotton wool. 2D sprites done poorly in a 3D game really stand out. lens flare looks really grainy even on native resolution. ( 1920 x 1280 or something like that )
    handling certainly improved on the faster machine but there is a real lack of speed sensation ( 160 feels like 80 ) and the grip progression is really short and again unconvincing. Lime Rock and Sepang seem physically quite a bit smaller in rFactor. i wonder if that is to make up for the speed issue. the replays look wierd, the car seems to be on the screen not in it.

gonna check out the forums and see what others are saying, and put my two bob in to see if anyone can point me in the right direction. and get some mods to get a better impression. been using the Skip at Lime Rock and the F2 at Sepang. was hoping this would be better cause i'm after simple but engaging racing on the PC for when i don't have the patience for iRacing. maybe i'll have to wait for the commercial release of pCars in 2014, if we're lucky lol.
  20. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Don't bother with pcars.

Asseto corsa is where it's at.