GT5 ROOZ CELEBRATORY 2nd bday, 10th season Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by beannie84, Feb 2, 2013.

1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    people dropping out all over the show...maybe Tek's suggestion of merging divisions may have some merrit tonight?
    Will see you there Stumbles!
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yeah I agree with the merge.
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    All divisions? mmmmmmh...... Div3 slaughter lol
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    opening room @ approx 7.45 will start qual around 8.10 for 8.20 start, 5 min breaks in between grid based on prev race results.
  5. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    No probs Barra.
  6. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Div 2 room is open.
  7. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    I tried cyber :D. Had a crash out on lap 4 I think, not really sure what happened, probably just too many cars squeezing into the second last corner, beats me.

Went and gave the Tamora a quick test drive at Eiger afterwards and figured there is definitely no point me being there for that either lol.

Might make a surprise return for the supra ;p
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I rage quit the last race, that's why I would've wanted a qually there to avoid being stuck behind other cars, its hell to overtake there, it felt like I was being blocked but that's probably just the narrow track.
  9. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Well that is just poor Z, and I do hope it wasn't after the race had started? as I am sure you would have something to say if someone rage quitted during a race that you were in.
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Wow....
    No actually, I wouldn't give a **** if someone did for your info. Should have known not to say anything here

''Just poor''? Thanks for your lecture on etiquette. This is a fun series, after all?
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

BTW cob, im sorry for that first lap, I should have heeded my pre-race advice.
  12. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Etiquette should be present in all races regardless of weather a fun series or not mate (unless of course it is a listed "dirty" race), the "just poor" comment is because you have been here a long time, and I did expect more from you, I apologise if I upset you, and we will leave it at that.
  13. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    That turned out a little better than expected last night...
    First race, in a car I can't handle very well, on a track I dont like. Qualified 1.7sec off the pace, but still 6th/8. Hmmm, maybe I won't be last. Anyways, reasonable uneventful first half of the race (albeit slow), had me in 5th, with 2ish second gaps in front and behind. Pitted lap 5, then came around on the next lap for Joe to pop out of the pits in front of me. We then had a pretty good, and remarkably clean battle til the end of the race. I say remarkably clean because it turns out he couldn't see me! There was one touch on entry to turn one, but that was side by side, so no drama, and one time he cut me off at the fast essses. Got past him to 4th, several spots above what I expected.

Second race, car and track I like. Doing OK on the first lap til I got a lag hit coming out of the tunnel. Kept it straight, but over ran the last corner. Pitted immediately to avoid being held up in traffic. Ended up getting over everyone except Stig with a series of 1'14.2 laps.

Last race was pretty good too. I forgot how planted that car is. Second on the grid was a huge help, but Stig skipped away pretty easily. Got rounded up by Anon and Flood on the Mulsanne on lap one, so pitted, as I dont fancy following people at Nurb, and was worried about lag too. Just got passed Flood as he came out of the pits on the next lap, but Anon and Stig were gone. I wasnt even close enough to capitalise on Stig brain fart on the last lap. Could see the stopped triangle on my mini map, but I was too far away.

Already looking forward to the slipstream battle next week!
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well I must say I had a really, really enjoyable night with 2 wins and a 2nd.

Tokyo qualifying was unpredictable, with many drivers taking their share of provisional pole. Stumbles really stepped up to the plate, with him looking certain for pole. I managed to start my lap with just 3 seconds remaining, so surprising was that the race countdown started just as I was finishing! A lap which was 2 tenths faster.
    At the start, it was evident that I certainly was not the fastest driver, as I was relentlessly assaulted by Stumbles and Anon. On lap 3, I was under immense pressure from Stumbles, but he then made a meal of the final corner. Anon decided to go for the undercut on lap 4. By now tyre wear was a big factor, and I pitted on lap 5. Unfortunately, I teleported, and cost myself lots of time. Anon on the fresher rubber pulled out a 5 second gap, when Stumbles came out of the pits we were side by side into the braking zone, which I was a bit too eager. I had a good run up the hill, and Stumbles was a bit too kind, and offered
    little resistence to my attack. Anon was quick in this stint, and it seemed that the race was his. But he began to struggle on the older tyres, so I went on the offence. On lap 10, after closing the gap, I got a great tow on the straight, reaching 310km/h before braking. Too late. Thankfully Anon ghosted as I plunged into the wall. The gap was now out to 2 seconds again. Take 2. On the final lap, I got another tow, this time braking perfectly. Anon drifted, clearly stuggling, and I swept past to take the win. Such trouble Anon was having with the tyres, Stumbles took 2nd at the baseball stadium. While hunting down Anon, I took the fastest lap with a 1.41.5

The Eiger race was an odd one. The Tamora was very kind on the tyres, so I went on a strategy completely different to anyone else. After surivivng Stumbles' initial assault, I pulled out a 7 second gap by lap 6, by then, everyone had pitted. After getting the gap to over a minute, I dived in on lap 9. This pitlane can go to hell. Barra had closed the gap to 2 seconds. And on cold tyres, I was vulnerable. Barra was very close on the last lap. I still won though by a second. Despite coming last, Anon put in a brilliant 1.12.8 to take the fastest lap.

The Nrburgring was where I really should have won. I put in a flawless first lap to get the gap out to 10 seconds over Flood, Barra and Anon who were having a magnificent battle down the straight. Sadly, a few turns after Hatzenbach, I clipped the grass and spun out. I still regained the lead. Entering the pits, I was again 10 seconds up on Flood. But Anon had closed the gap. I drove away from him after Karuel. But I ran wide after the mini Karuel, and gifted Anon the win. My fastest lap was only 8 tenths faster than Anon's, quite incredible on a 20km track.

I was stll ecstatic at the way I drove last night though. I believe that my 28 points gained has won me the title, as I was 10 points up heading into last night. :cool: I sadly wont be around next week, due to a boring holiday.
    But thank you Beannie for a marvellous season concept, Clevo for your cooperation and Stumbles for your magnificent hosting. See you all on track for Season 11!

Cheers, Jono
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I actually got on just before Stumbles last night and ran some laps of the ring, that was the race I was most keen on. Then when I was heading out I noticed Stumbles set the room for RM's. After running a few laps with RH's, going onto the RM's the car felt super grippy. Didn't stop me leaving the track half a dozen times mind you!! Prior to that I got my usual result with the TVR. Congrat's to NStig, missed a clean sweep by 1 mistake.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What a night in Div 3, no wins for me this week, but firstly thanks again to Clevo for hosting the room so competently.
    My plan for the evening was to increase my 9 points lead over Evilmoon or the at the very least to maintain it. I was fairly confident I could win the McLaren race and then see how the other two races panned out and it was all going to plan taking pole position with Evil in second. I led the first lap being careful not to push too hard on cold tyres and Evil seemed very keen to pass. As we turned the last corner onto the straight on that first lap I :):):):)ed up big time clouting that little bit of wall that sticks out on the exit, Doh. The resultant storm of tyre screeching, tyre
    smoke and crashing Mclarens left me backward on the track with a firm grip on last place. By the time I turned around and the car stopped wobbling from all the damage the rest of the field were already at the other end of
    the straight, not a great start to the night!!
    I was heartened to see that Ad2mny was leading and Evil was third behind Close. I didn't realise at the time that Evil and Close had copped a time penalty for hitting me in the crash, very unfair and I'm sorry about that guys. That meant that I was dropping 3 points to Evil. I set about chasing and before my half way mark pit stop I had passed Clevo and CW and was into 4th but Evil had moved into the lead, now I was bleeding 5 points, more than half of my points advantage gone right there!!!. Luckily for me Close and Ad2 were getting in each others way in their fight for 2nd and I managed to catch and pass them into 2nd place behind Evil. There was no way I could catch him over the last couple of laps and he went on to a very good win. I was reasonably happy to have got back up to second and
    only bleed 2 points to Evil leaving a 7 point lead with three races to go. I'll always regret throwing this race away though as I had done some 1:42s in practice with a best of 1:42.5 and was sure I was gonna run away from the pack and take a brilliant win. Could have, should have and would have dont count for much and I was happt to get the and place in the circumstances and I really really enjoyed driving the McLaren on Tokyo.
    At Eiger I was second on the grid behind Evil (first time I hadn't started on pole in this series!!) and managed to get to the front at the start and lead the first lap fairly comfortably and could see a real struggle going on in my mirror. At the first corner on lap two I got hammered into a spin by Ad2mny and was again quickly into last place. Ad2 waited til I sorted myself out and let me into 5th and I looked ahead and saw that Close was leading with Evil on his tail. A quick calculation meant I was bleeding another 4 points at that stage (not good). I pushed on making sure I made no mistakes and managed to pass CW and Clevo (this was getting too familiar) to get into third before the pit stop. I was surprised to come out of the pits still in (a very distant) third and pushed on towards the finish. Three laps from the end Ad2 started to appear in my mirror on the run to the bottom of the hill and I had to push a little harder to keep him a safe distance back. Close went on to a great win which meant I only lost 2 points to Evil and it now stood at a 5 point lead with two races to go, not as comfortable as I had hoped.
    I was in third place on the grid for the third race behind Close and Evil. I started well and tried unsuccessfully to pass around the outside in the first turn and followed Close and Evil down through the twisty first section. Evil was all over Close and then he had a slow entry onto the down hill run to the little bridge just before the first timing point. I managed to get a run on him and passed him before the timing marker. I then set about trying to catch Close, he was going a lot better than he had been in practice during the week and It took me most of the lap to get close enough to draft past him into the lead on the long straight at the end of the lap. I was leading with a clear track ahead so I continued on into the second lap while Closey pitted. At this point things were looking much better in the points situation with me leading and Evil back in fourth, a 5 point gain for the race that would have made a 10 point lead in the championship.
    During the second lap Ad2 started to gain on me and I put a wheel in the dirt and had a wobbly moment through the right hand corner that leads onto the long wiggly back straight about half way around the lap and Ad2 was through to lead the race. I followed him around the rest of the second lap hoping to be able to get close enough to draft past him on the long final straight on the last lap. That plan was put to rest when he and I pitted at the end of the 2nd lap, Close passed me while I was in the pits and was between us. Closey was going quite quickly even though he was using parts of the track that I wouldn't have thought viable and his car was pointed towards the scenery most of the time :lol: He offered no oportunities to pass as he was using most of the track and I didn't want to risk taking
    him off and thus allow Evil to pass both of us while I waited for him to rejoin, so I was biding my time waiting for the long straight where I was confident I could draft past him again. Fortunately for me Close had a little grassy moment all by himself and I was through but Close still had a good gap back to Evil. Ad2 went on to a very well deserved win and I finished 2nd to Evil's 4th so got 3 points back to leave it at an 8 point lead with one race to go. Phew!! The night had been a big contrast to the relatively easy hat trick the week before.
    I was glad the three amigos from Season 10 Div 4 shared the podium at the 'ring and am very very happy for Ad2 and Close to have finally gotten well deserved strong wins in this series. Evil must have finished the night a little frustrated because it was going his way by closing down points on me in the first two races and I'm sure he is disappointed to be still 8 points behind with only one race left , luckily for me it won't be triple points. It must have warmed Evil's heart to see me fall to last place early in the first two races and then frustrated him to see me recover to only one place behind him in each race. He drove well though and is very consistent and quick and makes very very few mistakes. Overall I was glad to come out of it all with the points lead mostly intact and maintain my
    run of podiums at every race so far, five wins, two seconds and two thirds.
    I'd like to finish the series by winning the last race but I know the others would love to beat me and end their season on a high, I'd be quite content with another podium. I only need a 7th place to take the championship on count back and there have only been 6 finishers in each race, so a 6th place and a 1 point championship win should be an easy
    challenge.
    If you the reader have gotten this far into my story I apologise for being so long winded but you will see that it was a very thrilling night of racing. I am really enjoying this championship and think Beannie is brilliant for coming up with the idea and many thanks to Clevo for managing it so well.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    For those wondering where I got my inspiration for my Playstation ID, check 7mates program on the 72 F1 world championship on Wednesday 24th at 1:00 PM. I'm going to run my HPA Audi in JPS colours in the High Speed
    Ring enduro this Sunday. I'm a little nervous about this as I ran the JPS colours at the Monza round in Season 10 to celebrate Fittipaldi sealing his first world championship there and it turned out to be my worst ever performances in a ROOZ championship round. I,m not supersticous but don't want to have another shocker of a race and dishonor the iconic JPS colours. I will be doing my best without over striving like I did at Monza in the rain.
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Fittipaldi is a bloody legend mate, wasn't he the youngest champion until Fernando Alonso?
  19. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yep, lauda was 26 as well in the year he won the WDC but he had turned it already in the year (Feb), emmersons bday was in December.

BTW fittipaldi has a Facebook page which he updates personally as well, intersting to see his posts
  20. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    ^^^ what he said. :)

I'm not really racing against emmo, as he's too fast for me :) (except for this odd week). I'm much closer to S_Close and enjoy keeping his rear mirror filled with my car. The main thing is to have fun, and it sure is great fun with 3 tracks per week.