GT5 ROOZ CELEBRATORY 2nd bday, 10th season Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by beannie84, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    It probably changed with every update Koastr. Are we at an even or odd number at the moment?
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I suggest we finish this pre-season tournament as it is and find all these discussions as lessons learned for other events to come. Let's enjoy the clean racing which is why we are here for and give it our best in the track as we always do.

This definately brought a few good ideas we can use, perhaps too late for this one.
    For what is worth, I'll concentrate on taking Emmo out on the next races to level the group... Just kidding mate, your speed and consistency just pushes me harder to improve.. ;)
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

the recommended garage/own car isnt really a big deal though, and it is only really relevant to this series as we clearly dont use recommended cars anymore.
    its just in terms of simplicity for people that dont really have the time to run in the cars, i know its not seconds of difference in terms of run in and not, but for the sake of a completely even playing field (which is what the sunday series is about) it helps to level it out when every car is same HP and not 10HP different or whatever.
    im cool with whatever, but it just helps people like turbo.
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I have taken everyone's opinions on board. There is a new poll in the OP please vote, voting will close Sunday morning, I feel this will be the best way to resolve everyone's ideas.

Personally I am not too worried about changing things as this is just a bit of fun series, nothing too serious :)
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    the only advantage really comes in top end speed, which would be quite noticeable on a track like HSR. Tokyo & Nords have quite long straights as well so, a fully run in car could quite easily swallow a non run-in car down the straight.

I have voted to leave everything as already planned, but use recommended cars as per when the original seasons were run.
  6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Just for information, the arcade spec is exactly the same as brand new, not run in power. At least for the mclaren. 591hp/61kgfm. Run in (430km) it is 630hp/67kgfm, which is a fair difference.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    When I first heard about this series I had no B spec drivers and only 3 of the cars. Knowing I would have to run them in to be competitive I set up some B spec drivers and bought all the cars I would need , I then skilled up the drivers and ran in the cars with B spec races on line. To just blow all that effort away because somebody else couldn't be bothered pisses me off, especially when I offered to buy, run in and gift cars to those that needed them.
    I will accept whatever the vote brings but am very disappointed about all my wasted effort. :mad:
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yeah its not really fair i would say, the last 3 races i did where in showroom stock cars with no run in and i won all 3 rounds and considering this was Division 1 where it would of had the most effect if any, theres no real point changing it.

It really can't be that hard to just note the cars they are using this week and maybe buy in a bit advance, heck i bought all mine a few hours before the race.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

The reason i voted for recommended garage is because thats what we actually did in the older seasons. so if this is meant to be a sort of 'nostalgic' event for those that have been here that long/the 2nd birthday of ROOZ, why not run it the same way it was run.
    Like i said, i dont care either way, but that was my preference in the vote.

also in the OP
    "This would give all current racers, an idea of how each season carried out"
    the first 5 seasons were carried out using recommended cars.
  10. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    The whole point of the vote is to go with the majority rules, everyone has been on here saying "do this", "do that", I put it to a vote to be fair and I still get people pissed off, FFS. If I remember correctly no one else offered to help Beannie with this, but all of a sudden everyone is a bloody expert and has an opinion.

The votes will decide, and will stand with no compromise, don't like the results, tough titties.
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

no-ones said 'do this or that', only give reasoning for their personal decision.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah I've got tough titties, it's an age thing. I'm quite happy to abide by the vote and if they want recommended garage cars so be it. I just wish it had been made clear before I went to all the trouble to buy cars, train B spec drivers run the cars in. I could have spent all that time doing other things.
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I'm with emmo on this one guys. I already had good B-spec drivers but that is how I ran my cars in. You dont even have to watch the race cause it dont matter what place they come so long as the km's are done. I thought this was how it was supposed to be from the start so thats what I did. There are only 4 cars left that need to be run in, and the time spent here complaining that it hasn't been done could be spent doing it. No offence to anyone intended but thats what was said at the start so why haven't you done it yet?
  14. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I for the longest time shunned the B spec part of the game - really could not see the point of watching someone else
    race for me - that was until i realized the importances of running cars in (this was only since starting back with ROOZ a couple of months ago).
    Will agree that getting Bob high enough to do 20-30laps races can be the boring part but could be done in a couple of solid hours.
    Certain level of commitment required to run in leagues - if it was easy it would be boring.
  15. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I think the more correct statement would be 'Certain level of commitment required to be competitive in leagues'

I personally race here for the fun, clean racing. Have never been too bothered about the winning (although I do enjoy it!), but I can understand other's competitiveness.

I think it should probably be left as is - the guys who have put the extra effort in to run in cars and practice will reap the rewards, but the rest of us will still have fun!
  16. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I don't see what the problem is if some guys want to use the car from the recommended garage or their own. I never run in my cars, just a few laps of practice during the week and that's it.
    Too much time spent on this subject honestly, use whichever car as long as you show up on Sunday and race.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I agree and sympathise with you Clevo, the time to make suggestions should have been be before the start of this series and once there was concensus it should have been left alone. The decision to put it to a vote was the only way to satisfy those that were not content with the series. I think it is a fabulous idea Beannie had and have been very happy so far.

I only bought into the discussion when it was suggested those trailing in points should be given a chance to catch up. In hindsight this is not reasonable because we could in theory be adding races forever until the others catch up. The fact that the suggestion came from a person leading his Div shows that those trailing weren't fussed. I wish now I had shut up and not made any suggestions.

It appears that some of the participants in Div 4 only have strong opinions about the cars we use. Ad2mny and Close have expressed a desire to use their own cars as do I.
    I don't know Bluemoons, CWs or your views but if most of the Div 4 guys want to use their own car why can't we decide to do that in our Division and let the other divisions fight about what cars to use.
    As to the qually question or the format of the last race I am happy to go with the majority decision.
  18. zampli

zampli Team Driver

does anyone know approximately how much HP is added to car thats been oiled, but not completely run-in?

look back in the thread and you'll find the suggestions about recommended cars were made in the thread, its just there wasnt as much discussion about it, no vote about it either and it was decided to use peoples own cars on the basis of being able to personalise cars with colours/wheels.

my main want for recommended cars was the tradition/ensured parity across everyone in every divison, which is something that was never going to happen in the first round which wouldve required everyone to have run in all 3 cars to the maximum.
    i never followed the points discussion to closely to be honest, i just want to split up the last race as i find high speed ring boring for an enduro, really looking forward to the ring though, shame about the pit :p
  19. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @ Z
    Its depends on the car i think, if it straight or V4, straight 5, straight or V6, V8, V10 or V12.. and goes on a percentage of the car HP at new..

But i remember working out about 64 updates ago..

CAR HP (new) After oil
    290-300 310-315
    325-335 350-355
    350-355 370-380

So on and So forth
    So basic the more HP from new the more hp when oil is drop...

But is i said this was awhile back and it is GT5. :p
  20. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    That was my reasoning too Zamps, but I've just found out I can't be bothered.

After 10 seasons and only missing 2 races in 2 different seasons due to travelling (not counting any technical disconnects or refusal to connects) I can't be bothered apparently. Go figure that one.