IRACING RoOZ iRLeague - Season 1

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea daylight savings, just thought of that myself: Whatever you guys prefer... I'm happy to keep it at 5pm WA time or shift to 6pm so it's on at the same time as previous weeks for you guys elsewhere....
  2. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

Sorry guys im out tonight, my hdd died last night and im currently rebuilding it this arvo :(
  3. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's a bugger mate. Thanks for the heads-up. If we're low on numbers this week with you and Chris out with technical problems, we might just run the one race.

I'll open the room at normal time for me, so an hour earlier for the rest of you blokes... and I'll update the OP.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ah tonights race has been binned.... there was only three of us online at start time.
    Rigby came on a needed some time to fix his :):):):).. Wayne I saw you online, but the time Rigby was ready you were gone.... Join teamspeak next time, even if you only type!

Edit - oh wait Wayne I see you back online.... if we can grab you we'll still have a run.
  5. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    That was strange you could not see i was online - i turned the PC on straight after Top Gear which finished at 8.45NZ and was looking for the room to be opened.
    Then i got a txt from Stone who said you were waiting for me but i could not see any
    one with a room open?! - went to the 'hosted' tab and found the room.
    So i'm sorry if i held up proceedings but it ended up being a good set of races in the end.

Edit: Stone i could not believe that i almost repeated my stupid move at RA on you at the start of the first race.was so busy typing a message that when the race started i did not have the F3 on, forgot you were on the right of me as moved over to gain a good angle into T1 !
  6. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Wayne-o ... mate ... I thought both starts were pretty good last night; that track is heaps wide and I never felt crowded ...

... and it was as close as I got to folk all night :lol:

And you didn't hold things up too much, really; I didn't come online myself till almost 7.30 ... and then had hardware issues after that which forced further delay. In the end I think we were just happy to get enough bodies for a grid, so it was cool that we could (along with Wayne H, and Andy C) finally get hooked in :cool:

And the being flustered-thing ... not just you. Race #1 ... I jumped into Beau's shared .sto late on, and forgot to adjust the brake bias. Didn't look after to see what is was, but it felt a bit higher than the 55% I run, and I struggled a bit (no doubt allied to lack of seat time recently). Race #2 ... I got Dusty to post up his .sto with just seconds to go, and I forgot to check the BB% again!!! It felt like it had even more front bias ... :rolleyes:

Was good to be back on track though ... thanks to all for the fun :D
  7. WAC

PSN ID
    I loaded up Dustins tune as well at the end of race 1 and thought i would have a little
    play with it in the warm up to race 2....errr..:):):):) it's counting down to grid!..:):):):) how much fuel?!...ahh nooo. was worried for only one lap not knowing how it would feel but it was a rock solid tune (apart from the lack of fuel!) Cheers Dusty
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea cheers guys is was a good grid turn out in the end. Glad we waited around. Sorry it was a bit disorganised regarding start time.
    Yea it was a bit frantic for race 2. We all completely missed the 5min practise and just made grid, then I was lile *fk* fuel?! Fortunately I didn't have to start from the pits after leaving the grid.

You know you can adjust the BB on the fly in the Star Mazda? I have buttons mapped to my G25 for it.

Oh the Results are all updated, Dusty? Thanks mate ;) Nice work on the round titles for the leaderboard too.
  9. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

:/ ... my catalogue of recent giddy :):):):)witness is mighty impressive ... I did know ... I forgot ...
  10. WAC

PSN ID
    well i'm glad someone else is trying to wrestle the tittle off me...
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Should see if you guys can get your invitational drivers, Wayne Hogan and Andrew Cowell, to sign up on the RoOZ forums. Will make organising/including them for future events easier ;)
  12. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Yeah I updated the results.

Great fun racing guys.

Interestingly the combined results of both races there was not too much difference in points for the round.
  13. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Dude ... not only can I wrestle ... I've got awesome stand-up ... and mad jiu jits' skills ..! Queue Bruce B ... "Iiiiiiit's TIME!" :lol:
  14. WAC

PSN ID
    hehe...ok 'Stone cold Austin' - you got to catch me first.

As for me kiwi mate, Wayne, i will twist his arm a bit more - he really enjoyed mixing it with the "D1 monsters" as he put it. He may not make next round as he's off to Auz for a weeks R&R but he wanted to know if he could invite another friend to also join?
  15. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

I strongly suspect that anyone who has an endorsement from a Rooz member, is more than welcome, Wayne ... :cool: ... unless of course, he's super-quick ... in which case he can :):):):) right off ;)
  16. WAC

PSN ID
    I hear ya! ;)
    I met WH at the GT academy and then realised we use to see each other at work all the time!
    me being a sparky and him working at the local electrical wholesaler - small world.
  17. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Yeah the more the merrier, There are only 2 more rounds to go. This weekend and a fortnight after that.
  18. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Just took an entirely different approach to my SM setup at Sebring.

Got a pretty lazy 1:58.2.
    I think a good time, with the right setup, will be mid or even low 57's.
  19. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Nice, Beau ... very nice :)
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Indeed. I look forward to trying out this new setup Mr. Crew Chief... :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.