Season 10 - Division 1- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I might be able to race, or I might be out for Father's Day dinner.

Do not wait for me is all the information I can give.

EDIT: An updated assessment is that I won't be racing, because if I was to have any value I'd need to practice and I haven't done that this week. I'm not keen on sitting on my arse practicing on Father's Day much either. I've got to write a cover letter for a job as well before tomorrow - doesn't look fortuitous.

EDIT2: I'll be there now, with about 30 minutes of practice. =)
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  2. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Where to begin?

Completely demoralising and almost a waste of my time. Apologies to BMW for taking him with me on my off.

I don't have the spirit to make a race report from that. I've never been so close to rage quitting, but I had to suppress that and I parked in the pits, went and ate an ice cream while watching 60 Minutes with the family, then I came back for some sick drifting. I decided to try and go for fastest lap, but then remembered I don't have more than one set of Softs (this devastated me, as there was zero value left in the race at that point, when I could have had something to do), so that's when I gave up and got ice cream.

Those medium tyres were shockingly bad. Tyre degradation was incredibly minimal. I started on SM, and pretty much gave up after getting swamped. It's embarrassing. The car didn't fit the track at all either. What was an absolute joy to drive in Rome and one of the best races ever just last week followed by one of the worst races ever. It was appalling.

And the reason I'm pretty livid, is because these performances will infringe upon my place in Div1. The season's been a tragedy, and all I wanted to do this season was demonstrate enough pace to stay until GT Sport, but that's getting harder and harder. I just don't have the time to practice during mid-semester.

Happy for everyone who thought the race was good though. I know perspectives change dramatically based upon your position. I hope Sierra is better.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  3. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Well it seems 4th place is unlucky for me, DSC'd out of 4th at Rome last week, and block-passed off-track from 4th to last after a miracle start this week!

If I somehow inherit 4th next week, don't be surprised to see me pull-over & let 5th by!
    Crunch likes this.
  4. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Uh yeah, bit confused. Tried to start my PS3 this evening and it started for some reason. (This is no longer common, maybe my PS3 is mad at me for cheating on it with GTSport Beta.)
    So left it running, had dinner, then joined a pre-lobby practice event did about 10 laps. Joined the actual lobby and got another 7 or so. Then I qualified 3rd much to my bemusement. Not a clue why that was a thing. Last car i drove at Daytona was a prototype so I was totally lost at sea.
    Thought Bob had done a magic pass into 1 on lap 2 after he'd been very generous with me in braking zones prior, figured he nailed it and I under-cooked it until we both went wide, I got super lucky to bounce back onto the road next to Bryan having lost nothing.
    Expected Bry to close in and make a pass after the 3rd or 4th time I completely balls'd the entry to bus stop but the attack never materialised. Was suspicious of a no-stop for a while and just waited until everyone else pitted to do the same. Was pretty sure I'd gone a lap too long based on how the car felt but decided to stick it out in case mediums were terrible, fell off at bus stop letting Bryan through and decided to call it. Put in the recommended fuel and notice that Nicko is somehow behind me having been miles up the road with Warrior all race.
    Come around the next lap with Bryan in the pits and I exit a bit ahead of him too, having moments earlier lost 3rd place to him and I'm just super confused now because that's 2 cars I'm ahead of for no reason.
    Then I noticed that the fuel the game told me to put in wasn't enough, so did some pretty heavy lift and coast to make sure I got to the finish, Bryan got way closer but seemingly enough to be just out of slipstream.
    Overall a bit mystified by 2nd place, got heaps of lucky breaks all race and somehow had speed having not driven for a couple weeks and doing no actual testing only warm up.
    Warrior and Nicko had a fantastic battle all race and were class of the field as usual, Bob probably could have joined them as they scrapped if not for lap 2. Thanks for the race guys, see you next week if she starts again.
    B-Spec Bob and Crunch like this.
  5. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Do you have a PS3 Slim mate?

If so, you need to make sure that you keep it on. You'll need to buy a new PS3, grab your ethernet cable and connect the two systems. Transfer your data over to the new system in its entirety. Otherwise all your data is going to be lost forever once it shuts off. I speak from experience. I've purchased new parts to try and fix mine, but nothing will work. It's most likely a motherboard problem.

Has your system for months been temperamental about starting up? Does it beep on, and then ring out three beeps in quick succession while the fan dies?

If you've turned it off, the longer you wait in between pressing the button again, the more chance it has of turning back on. When it does, keep it on - even if you need to keep it on indefinitely.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/transferutility.html
    As per the link, make sure you follow the instructions because if you've played LittleBigPlanet, the save data will be unusable on the new system unless you follow the instructions (all spoken from experience).
    StigsTC likes this.
  6. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Well i have to admit it wasn't the way i wanted to go out but thats life sometimes
    Qualified 8th which really annoyed me at the time for some reason having done a 54.5 when my best was much quicker than that.
    AND the START I'm mean come on. I heard everyone rev their engines to start the race nothing for me came up no lights no speedo/rev meter etc and i simply didn't go anywhere. Apologies to whoever was behind me for causing an almighty stack up.
    Then to really destroy my race trying to be to aggressive coming back through the field i braked way to late trying to pass Crunch on the back straight chicane and binned it. Ended up last at the end of the second lap.
    Nothing else happened apart from that i made a slight comeback passing the slower cars but could only manage 7th. I also had a lot of issues with lag throughout the race so if i hit anyone by accident i'm sorry.
    But on a serious note a big thanks to everyone here for a great season for myself, The highlight for me has to be Monza by a mile nearly winning on debut will be something i won't forget about even though i'm still a little bit gutted i ran wide at that final corner.
    From the standing hopefully i can secure 5th in the overall standings and i believe it is likely lets party will win division 1b so if thats the case then well done.
    But for now that'll be it for me i might do the occasional round but i don't plan on running the full season next season so hopefully i'll see you guys out on track soon. :thumbsup:
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    warrior2167, emmo46 and StigsTC like this.
  8. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Great racing tonight guys, and a good turnout of 13 drivers!
    Was good to jump back in and have yet another brilliant battle with @warrior2167 :thumbsup: Traded the lead on numerous occasions, would've been great to continue it past the pit stop but unfortunately I entered pit road a little too quick haha.

Cheers all, and well done to Stigs and Bryan on completing the podium.
  9. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Yeah Crunch PS3 slim. It had only recently rather randomly triple beeped and aborted the start-up like once a week for the last month and then the other week it just wouldn't start at all, no matter how many tries. Been cloning hard drives and doing all the back-up utilities when I get it to come alive so I'm good to go to a new console if it is a motherboard issue as expected.
    Seems to be A-OK once its running, just doesn't like to start up. She's been flogged on GT since 2010 so honestly done more work than I assumed it would after hearing of all the YLOD disasters. Thanks for the heads up mate, I guess I need to find a different console if I want to go racing in Season 11 and Season 12 beyond it.
    Might be borrowing a mate's PS3 next week so I'll let you know if I'm showing up under a weird PSN.
    Crunch likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well done @warrior2167 on another championship!

I hope there's a big turnout next week, hopefully I can have a cheerful comeback to GT6 after a shocking Pcars season spent mostly staring at a disconnection screen in dispair.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    From my calculations whoever finishes ahead next week between you and @lets_party-1611 (provided you are both in the top 3 Div 1B finishers, you need to get 4 more points then him) will be the Div 1B Champion.
    On count back you are 3 points behind in the outright table.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think motorsports is away
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That will make it veeerryy difficult for him then.
  14. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    He may get points for starting the original race?

I'm pretty sure I have to win to have any chance of finishing ahead of Bob now. :eek:
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    good point.

Could I please get a list of all attendees of the original sierra? anyone who was there originally but can't attend the re-run will get equal dsc points for the final placing
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    From Bob's post on page 7:
    Bob, Bryan, apex, Holdenman, StigsTC, BMW, party, Motorsports, Benny, Warrior, Crunch, Natmanscoop, Nicko, WTF-MAN.

So do they get equal last or equal race-last DSC points?
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    let's say next sunday you get a grid of 8 cars.
    All of the above list, if they are not of that 8 car grid, will score 7 pts (9th place)
    StigsTC likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Then @lets_party-1611 only needs a 4th place to take the Div 1B title.
  19. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    13 finishers again :thumbsup:. Nice to see so many consistent numbers in Div 1.

To start the race I had a normal light sequence, but the hold after the 5th light was longer than normal. Also I only saw Nick's car and it wasn't that stable with a bit of shaking. Don't know if that was my connection or his, or 13 was right on the edge for a fixed room.

Despite that we both had a brilliant fight and we didn't even come into contact once. Unfortunately after the stop I was all alone. I under filled by a litre and had to save a bit during the final 2 laps.

@StigsTC Good luck at the GT Academy, you might not get back in time for next week's race
    B-Spec Bob and AUSnicko9 like this.
  20. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Not attending based on p-plates lol.
    You probably want to wish @B-Spec Bob the best of luck though, I'm expecting to hear good things mate :thumbsup:.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.