Season 11 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Lol thanx guys. Yeah got some photos just gotta put them on a USB and I'll chuck them on real soon.
  2. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    GRID: S_CLOSE, VENDALISM, stumbles01, emmo46, Me, t_b_williams, X-3vi1m00n, Rumbleshorts

[​IMG]

S_CLOSE, VENDALISM, Me (obscured) then emmo46 about to have a bad day, stumbles01 and t_b_williams then X-3vi1m00n.

[​IMG]

S_CLOSE and VENDALISM battling it out with me and stumbles01 in the background

[​IMG]
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great Job Guys.

Well done, hope it all went well.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Awesome pics Ad!
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Ad, what filter are you using on the camera? I've never really experimented with the red and blue, that's despite taking over 1000+ photos.
  6. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Just rattling the cages mate, I'm sure next time I won't have it easy (not that it was or will be). Plenty of races to go and battles to fight, but definately enjoying starting the season at the same level as the rest of the group racing with a wheel. Will never go back to the controller, it's just too much fun now!
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I'm using the cross-processing filter and turning the exposure up to brighten it up a bit. Still can't quite get that totally real look I'm after but it is getting close I think.

S_CLOSE I agree about the wheel, getting better every time I use it and it is heaps more fun
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Race was same as usual, I failed.

Daytona Road I have been doing some prac.. Got it down to 1:48:813.... The issue there is I cannot do it repeatedly :(
  9. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Looking forward to tomorrow night after arriving back from Tokyo this morning. My first turn of the car will be pre-race practice or qualifying so we'll see how we go!

I don't hate Daytona Road, so that's a good start!! LOL
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I see in one of the higher divs a discussion about exiting the pits using the narrow lane to the left of the main course. Will this be the method for pit exits in this div? I have practiced it a bit and its a little tricky but do-able, and will avoid any first corner pile ups.
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yeah ad same for all divs.
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I hope everyone has been practicing that then cause like I said i find its a bit tricky :/
  13. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK, sorry, someone should have posted this across all divisions. For the race tomorrow night at Daytona Road, everyone across all divisions will use the pit exit road to the left. Once you have control of your car after refueling, you will need to turn left up the narrow pit exit road parallel to the main track. If you exit straight ahead there will be massive bingles and protests, so don't. Go Left!! Please have a practice before the race, it is a little tricky until you have done it a few times.
  14. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

From memory we used that exit last time we raced here also :)
  16. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Had a horrible night tonight. Well, Daytona was never a good drive for me and I made so many mistakes. Then on lap 17, I lost all gears except for 1st. After a bit of tinkering, I found I can switch using the shift level+clutch, but 2 is 1st, 3 is 2nd, etc and could only go up to 4th. Then after 2 laps, I noticed that my DS3 has fallen, and L2 was depressed. *duh* Continued on thereafter being 2 laps down from the leaders.

Code:
       Driver        Time       Best lap
    01 VENDALISM     46:21.047  1:46.497  (fastest lap)
    02 Stumbles01      +14.564  1:48.236
    03 daninline6      +21.500  1:48.138
    04 S_CLOSE         +29.181  1:47.296  (pole)
    05 emmo46          +40.510  1:48.656
    06 disturboed    +2.22.445  1:47.906
    07 X-3vi1m00n    +2laps     1:48.848
    08 Aza2672      D/C +5 laps 1:49.312
    09 t_b_williams D/C +8 laps 1:49.588

Code:
    Fastest lap
    01 1:46.497  VENDALISM   
    02 1:47.296  S_CLOSE       
    03 1:47.906  disturboed
    04 1:48.138  daninline6
    05 1:48.236  Stumbles01      
    06 1:48.656  emmo46          
    07 1:48.848  X-3vi1m00n      
    08 1:49.312  Aza2672
    09 1:49.588  t_b_williams    

I don't remember who had pole, so if someone can remind me, that would be great. PS3 also hung while viewing the replay :(
  17. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I had pole mate, but everything went down from there. Had done good rythm in the first stint while running with Vendalism an then started going backwards as soon as I second guessed going behind him into pits. Went in a lap later and put too much fuel and came out at least 7 secs behind. Then went out the track on T1 so many times that started going backward all the way to fourth. Emmo's spin put me on third but that only lasted until the lap before last where dani finally got me good, then made a mistake and he was gone.
    Venda's fast lap was insane 1:46.4 I believe....awesome speed mate, well done.
    Good race everyone, congrats to the podium and specially to Vendalism, who would have been fighting for the win in the first race if he hadn't disconnected.
    See you next week guys.....
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Very exciting race last night, I qualified 4th again behind Close, Venda and Stumbles (same as last week). I managed to slip past Stumbles at the first turn and then Venda at the right hand hairpin. I then got onto Closes tail but as I went through to double left hander back onto the oval I touched the grass with my outside rear and lost a bit of momentum gathering it up. That put Venda onto my tail and he drafted past me over the finish line on the first lap to take second. We closed a little on Close and I tried to stay in their slipstream but got a time penalty leaving the bus stop chicane on the third lap. That dropped me back from them and I ran alone for the rest of the first stint with the leader about 7 - 9 seconds in front and Stumbles showing ever larger in my mirror. Stumble had a big battle with T_B and Daninline six that seemed to keep him busy enough not to gain on me. T_B had had a big lunge at me during the early laps at the right hand hairpin but ran off the inside of the corner and speared accross my bows and then fell into the clutches of Stumbles and Dan.
    I pitted on lap 12 and when I exited the pits was surprised to find Close just in front and after a lap I managed to take him into turn 1. Stumbles and Dan had gotten ahead of me during the pit stop sequence ( I put in 28 litres) and I managed to pass Dan after a couple of laps and Close caught him for the start of a long battle. I tried to get into Stumbles draft but I ran off into the grass in the middle of the bus stop and lost third place to Close and Dan. I then tried to stay with them but misjudged the entry to the bus stop two laps later and clanged into the wall big time. By then I was too far back to do anything about them and Disturbo, Aza, Evil and T_B seemed to be experiencing various dramas so I had a firm grip on 5th place to the end. Every one else seemed to find extra pace in the second half of the race and the third place I thought I had in the bag during the first stint suddenly evaporated.
    Congratulations to Venda, Stumbles and Dan, you all drove very well and Vendas lap time was incredible. I thought Close had the win covered during the early running but things seemed to go all wonky for him after his pit stop. Disturbo and Evil had some sort of dramas and Aza and T_B suffered the dreaded disconnect. Oh well, there is always next round.
  19. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Wow, 3rd fastest lap time of the race. I'm happy with that considering I drove the car for the very first time last night 10 minutes before qualifying. So with no practice and a new non-run in car (you definately need that extra HP at Daytona), thats good for me.

I qualified 8th and started ok making sure not to collect anyone in the first few turns. For the first 3 laps I kept stuffing up at the bus stop and either braked too late, cut the first corner or cut the second corner. This put me in dead last with a bit of a gap to the guys in front.

I had worked out my fuel load required at the pit stop and then for some god unknown reason decided that it was going to be too much so when I pitted end of lap 12 I put in less which came back to bite me in the bum as I had to do a splash and dash 5 laps from the end. I ended up putting in the same amount of fuel I was orginally going to put in anyway! I still ran out on Turn 4 of last lap.

Good battles with Evil through the race until his dramas. I could slipstream and pass early in the straights, but as I was lacking the HP, my top end speed suffered and he could re-pass me.

I didn't expect to finish anywhere higher than I did given my lack of practice (due to being in Japan), so this week I'm hitting the track early and trying to bed this puppy in.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Would you like me to run a car in for you?
    I have already done one for Close and Midron so it is no effort for me and I would be glad to help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.