Season 11 - Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkAce

DarkAce Geoff Vincent

PSN ID
    darkace_123
    Yeah, was logged on but couldn't seem to find you guys, sorry about that. My practice around Monza was only getting me 1:45:ish would in no way been competitve with you guys. (any tips). Will try and be in for this Sunday, 7:30pm start would be good for me, earlier the better. Never been any good at the Ring though.....this could test me out, any clue as to what lap times I should be aiming for?
    cheers.
  2. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    whats the go with qualifying this sunday? considering we usually have 10 mins, but with the length of the track its not gonna be long enough to put a time down.. you know what i mean??
  3. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    don't worry i'm terrible at the 'ring as well so you won't be coming last, just get your refuels right... i'm just aiming for not crashing. talking of monza, i saved the replay so if you could tell me how to send it to you, i will then you can check it out at your leisure. i reckon if you can get turn 7 and 8 sorted thats where all the speed is... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Monza_track_map.svg
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead

Probably because you are only friends with me at the moment and I wasn't racing on Sunday, I will be hosting this Sunday so all will be sweet.

We will just do a hot lap qual, flying lap out, the your 1 hot lap for the qual.

I hate this track, and have no idea what times are expected.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have only had time to do 4 laps practice and pussyfooting around the lap trying not to make a mistake got me 8:48. I have no idea how competitive that is, probably be reasonable for Div 4, I suspect the Div 3 guys will be much faster than that and Div 1 guys will probably beat that by a minute!!. If you can get about 10 to 20sec quicker than that you should be OK, the key will be the amount of time you spend off track.
  6. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    i just did a couple of laps and got 8:50 with one little off and plenty of 'pussyfooting'. i reckon thats my target in race at full speed and with other cars on the road, but i've realised now that it is better to have 11 consistant laps with no crashes than to push hard and spin out every other lap.... it's going to be interesting to do those corners on the end of that big straight on worn tyres, i reckon we'll see some big off's there..
  7. DarkAce

DarkAce Geoff Vincent

PSN ID
    darkace_123
    thanks sparklehead83 for your response on Monza, will check it out. You should be able to send your replay of it to my email geoffvincen@gmail.com as an attachment. As for The Ring will looks like everybody is in the same boat, will have to get on in the next couple of days to see what times I can lay down. Hope to be competitive.
  8. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    no worries, just give me a couple of days..
  9. CWhelan85

CWhelan85 Chris

PSN ID
    CWhelan85
    Yeah I'm good for 7:30
  10. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    looks like it'll be you and darko, 1st & 2nd again then? @darkace the email should be in your inbox
  11. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Don't know about that, not a fan of this track at all.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You aren't thinking he means lap time are you?. He means start time 7:30 PM. You'll give yourself nightmares if you think he is good for a 7:30 lap time. He'd be Div 1 material with that time. :D
  13. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Hi Chaps, I think Div.1 will hit 8:30 dead.
    I'm Div.2, aiming for 8:35 Qual time, and 8:40's with no offs (hopefully) in the race.

Anything 8:50 & under is good - you must be doing something right over such a long lap !
  14. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    yup i realised after i posted it, 7:30 for a lap time would be real scary... i reckon if i can keep my time below 9 mins per lap i'll be happy.
  15. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    :) :)
  16. CWhelan85

CWhelan85 Chris

PSN ID
    CWhelan85
    Haha, yeah start time of 7:30 not lap time of 7:30.
  17. CWhelan85

CWhelan85 Chris

PSN ID
    CWhelan85
    Yeah I've got a few laps around the 8:55 mark just trying to to go off the track, it's certainly going to be an interesting race, very few places to pass safely without just catching the grass on racing soft tyres, going to be interesting.
  18. DarkAce

DarkAce Geoff Vincent

PSN ID
    darkace_123
    other than than the rear wing, are there any other aerodynamic add ons allowed?
  19. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Nope, none at all.
  20. DarkAce

DarkAce Geoff Vincent

PSN ID
    darkace_123
    thanks for that Darko. I noticed in previous posts that individual car #s are given so if it isn't too late to request #33 that would be great, I am black with red rims. If not possible that is okay too. Hope to see you online Sunday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.