Season 12 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    i'm guessing he means the tarmac closest to the fence (either side) as there is a solid white line which is part of the road lane markings, not part of the track limit marking (the ARMCO is the track limit). Except in the corners when the 2 wheels on kerb rule applies.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes exactly this @incey
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    so its four lanes down the straight?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    effectively
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    dangerous. passing on the dirty part of the track, expecting to get any turn in.... i see carnage
  6. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    If you have a head, pull back and attempt an overtake at the following straight(s). No shortage of those at Le Mans. ;)
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well there it is, first round done and dusted. Hopefully it'll turn out to be my drop round. Congrats to the podium you're off to a good start.
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Unfortunate for you Incey, a real bummer.
  9. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Interesting night. Managed to grab pole position on the 2nd flyer. Sector splits showed I was up, then down, then up, then down again and I was sort of losing hope of improving my time. Then the final section of the track just came together for me and I nailed a 3.45.4 grabbing pole by half a second.

Race time and I got a good start, holding my position into lap 2. Poppin passed me on the first section of Mulsanne but I stuck close behind ready to pounce on the second. Then in the second chicane, I got tagged and booted off the track into the sand dropping me back down to 6th or so.

Head down, try and make my way back through, only 5 seconds off lead, so still doable. Made up a spot or two, but over-driving the car, and got wiggly into and out of the final 2 chicanes. I wasn't able to hold onto it, and spun onto the start/finish straight and I think I collected Emmo as he tried to make his way past, so sorry about that Emmo. I decided to pit at the end of lap 5 to try and get a clear pit lane and maybe some clear track as well. This worked out well, as I was able to jump back ahead of Emmo as he pitted the next lap, and I was back in 5th spot, with a couple still ahead due to pit. I knew for the next 8 laps my laps should be fairly consistent if I could keep it together.

A few good battles with the likes of Incey & Moon (bad luck guys on the end of your race). I eventually brought the car home in 2nd, with Poppin way out in front, his lap times where just too fast.
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Bad luck at the chicane disturboed. I copped a smack on the bumb from incey and I think he ricochet into your right rear. Well done on the qually lap.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was a good beginning to the season, lots of good racing. There was some conversation about qually being just 1 hot lap but I advised that qually was 10 minutes and that it was possible to start a third lap before that time so three laps it would be. I regretted that as after the first hot laps I was 4th on the grid but fell back to 6th when I couldn't improve on the third lap. Rules are rules though so oh well :unsure:.
    I managed to gain a place off the start by scraping past moon out of the first chicane and then got onto Aranteamo's tail under draft and had 4th place by the end of the Mulsanne straight. A little while later I was 3rd as Turbo had a little misadventure and fell back behind me. I knew he would be back as he was much quicker than me and sure enough he passed me on the run to Indianapolis. I yeilded as I was on the outside as we headed in to the right hand sweeper not wanting to risk it. I then tried my best to stay with him to see if I could get a tow up to Incey who was just ahead and holding 2nd behind runaway leader Poppinfresh. I stayed with turbo for the rest of the lap but he got the final chicane all wrong and he had a very wide exit onto the pit straight. I managed to get up beside him but all hell broke lose and we were spinning, me into the inside wall. I was facing the wrong way and had trouble getting it turned around as Turbo waited and Bluemoon passed by to move to third. I was now 4th but I knew turbo would hunt me down again. Over the following lap he didn't make any impression on me and then headed in for an early pit stop, I knew he would under cut me but hoped his long 2nd stint might play into my hands towards the end of the race (it didn't).
    After all the pit stops I was in 5th behind Poppin, Incey, Moon and Turbo. I was just outside of Turbo's draft and could only watch as he pulled away and closed on Incey and Moon. I was gradually catching them and had Aranteamo about 4 seconds back to keep me on my toes. With about three laps to go I was closing fast on Incey and Moon who were battling hard for third place but then had a touch of dirt and a half spin at Arnage which lost me about three seconds and aranteamo was now looming large in my mirror and I cursed that I had lost ground to Incey and Moon. I was catching them again over the 12th and the first half of the final lap and was close enough to see them hurtling side by side towards Indianapolis, I thought this could get ugly and sure enough Incey went hurtling off into the wilderness like a shot out of a cannon and Moon was spinning. Moon ended up sideways across the track but luckily there was enough room to get around and line up for Indianapolis, I felt sorry for them but was also thinking 'how good is this'. Aranteamo closed right up to me in the confusion and I had to really concentrate to keep it tidy for the rest of the lap and managed to cross the line in a jubilant 3rd place.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Code:
    No. Driver.           Time.      Best Lap. Notes.
    01. PoppinFr2sh987    49:45.809  3:45.528  (fastest lap)
    02. disturbed           +22.378  3:46.157  (pole)
    03. emmo46              +31.425  3:46.965
    04. Azzbang237          +32.138  3:47.367
    05. incey               +40.077  3:47.449
    06. X-3vi1m00n          +40.737  3:46.972
    07. annelorrianne     +1:02.589  3:48.678
    08. WOLFDADDY007      +1:16.843  3:50.124
    09. arnoldwa          +1:21.860  3:48.428
    10. Half-Byte         +1:24.814  3:49.130
    11. Easyprey007       +2:00.438  3:49.025

Code:
    No. Best Lap.Driver.
    01. 3:45.528 PoppinFr2sh987   
    02. 3:46.157 disturbed          
    03. 3:46.965 emmo46             
    04. 3:46.972 X-3vi1m00n         
    05. 3:47.367 Azzbang237         
    06. 3:47.449 incey              
    07. 3:48.428 arnoldwa         
    08. 3:48.678 annelorrianne    
    09. 3:49.025 Easyprey007      
    10. 3:49.130 Half-Byte        
    11. 3:50.124 WOLFDADDY007     

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    What can I say, other than to sincerely apologise to incey for the final lap incident that took both of us out. I braked a bit late and clip the grass on the inside and slammed into incey. Before that, I snoozed at dawn and again clipped in the outside grass in lap 12 and headed into the wall, with the hidden wall stopping me; ending my run in 2nd :(.
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i think it might be a lag issue because on my replay you hit me in the side then hit turbo. I was noticing small lag spikes on your car whenever i got close so i was trying to give you plenty of room. now that i think about it your car turned sharply left into me and that may have been when your game thought i was behind you. I heard wollfy mention some lag as well from azzbang so maybe the mikes on slowed the room a bit?
  15. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    yeah I think so, lag seemed pretty bad for the first few laps. Might be better to try mics off. Azzbang seems to lag on most days.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I raced wheel to wheel with azzbang (aranteamo) on the first run along the Mulsanne and didn't have any lag, it must be specific to certain pairs.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i can't get my head around it eh. if, with fixed room, the data goes me to moon to everyone does that mean my connection to moon is iffy when i see turbo and popping lagging but no-one else? i saw turbo lag into the barriers on the straight but i know he didn't and yet that was the only time i saw lag with him all night, whereas whenever i was close to popping i was seeing small jerky lag most of the time. everyone else no lag whatsoever. (didn't see azzbang tho). if it is certain pairs, will popping always be laggy to me no matter who's hosting? you'd think nbn would have fixed all this eh.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I used to suffer lag with tbwilliams all the time. it was just him and me most times. We could race together without any sign of lag then all of a sudden hell would break loose. I came off 2nd best most of the time.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    was that fixed room @emmo46
  20. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    The internet is a complex beast. There is no performance guarantee as it really is based on best effort.
    A very simplistic view is that if an email comes in of 200kB before your GT6 update packet, that 10MB will need to be pushed through your tiny (maybe 10Mbps) pipe and delays your GT6 packet for 160ms; poof, your update just got delayed by 8 screen updates, a very noticeable amount. Yes, I have greatly simplified and exaggerated it, but jitter is hard to control. we can minimise it though. Upstream pipes are typically much smaller as well, with similar data moving through it.

Audio does makes it worse as for every audio packet I receive, I have to send it out to 11+ others. This not only delays the game packets, can easily saturate links if not careful. Mics off doesn't mean no audio packets.