Season 13 - Division 1

Discussion in 'Project CARS PS4 Sunday Night League' started by stucar17, Oct 6, 2020.

1. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Better race from me. Didnt qualify well again, back in 7th after I used 7 PTP on my first flyer with a PB, it wasnt going to get any better...
    Start was even worse than quali, got held up by a couple of people and got swamped, and then with a bit of brain fade I then tapped River trying to make up lost ground......back to last...
    Got past River after his little wobble 1st lap and then got my head stuck down and did 2.07 to 2.08 for the rest of the race apart from my stop, it was good enough to give me 4th after a few guys mistakes.
    Congrats Brett on another win, Slambo for 2nd and DS for 3rd
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Also wanted to apologise for losing my :):):):) last Sunday.... Not normally something i do :thumbsdown:

Qualied well, was a good lap, and was looking forward to a good result.... Went downhill from there, needless to say ill be disabling my messages for race time, and should be locking the door to the man cave for future races...

I parked up in the pits, and with the red mist forgot that putting on fox to watch the GP bikes it would kick me from the room... Apologies if i messed anyone when it kicked me from the room.... My punishment has been a bad back ever since, so karma is a :):):):):), but probably deserved ....
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb Professional Gold Member

5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some cracking racing on sunday guys... Was good fun, amazing what a week can do for you!

Qualied 5th with a reasonable lap, perhaps a tenth left in it, but was pretty happy lining up 5th and only .5 off pole...
    Got a good start and managed to get through lap 1 cleanly which was good, had missile up my clacker on lap 2 and nearly threw it all away going through 9/10, but managed to hold on to it, and get into a bit of a groove...

By lap 6 i had AO behind me, and he was going well, while the 3 or 4 in front slowly pulled away.... too fast for me...

Pitted end of lap 12, and came out behind Slambo.... With fresh fronts was able to make a pass, and slowly gap him...Ill be taking a photo of that and putting it up on the wall ! At that stage i was closing in on Brett i think and he had a spin coming up the hill at the exit of 12, and then had about 7 laps of chasing down TT..... By lap 26 i was on his tail, tried a PTP on teh front straight and he defended, so no luck... Then on the last lap i did the same, but positioned so he had to run a narrow line into 2, and then i used PTP on the exit of 3, for a pass into turn 5.... Used PTP again on the run up the hill and managed to get a second on him, with a couple or kers left for the front straight to get home.... Was a good race, congrats to Down shift on the win, great speed mate... too fast but a GRT 1-2 was a good result !

On to SPA for the wet race.... Should be a cracker, the car goes great round there.
    Stu
    Ian sainty, dj2ca, brettwant7 and 6 others like this.
  6. Anthonyb

7. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Can't make it tonight guys. Have fun
  8. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Man, what a race !
    Qualied 6th, no where near the front running pace in the wet... Add to that i forgot to put it in gear on the grid, so by turn 1 was back to 9th i think..... By the end of Kemmel straight was back up to 7th before a couple more guys fell off the road....

Had a bit of a battle with AOC, who on lap 3 got past using a Kers push out of Eau Rouge, so decided not to fight as we were keeping pace with the front runners just 2 or 3 seconds up the road.... Somehow ended up with Slambo and AOC fighting just ahead, so decided to take a punt on a pit stop at the end of lap 6, along with AOC who i followed into the lane which proved the right call, ..... Had a great outlap, made even better when AO spun Campus.... Up to 5th i think.... Coming up to Blanchmont saw all the front runners were also in the lane, and felt great when i drove past them all in the pit lane, with the exception of River, who managed to get out just in front....

I closed the gap, buggered if i know why it seemed to hook up in the dry, and was on for a 1-2 GRT battle till the end of the race, until River spun at the bus stop just ahead of me.... I had nowehere to go and just clipped his right rear as he went round....Spewing for him,.....

Not sure what happened behind, but here was Miss Daisy leading the race, and starting to gap Kart and the rest of the crew. By lap 10 the gap was out to 4 or 5 seconds, and slowly getting bigger... I had a couple of pucker moments on the last lap, one where i managed to get my wheel in the grass at Bruxelles, but managed to hold on for an actual win ! Nice to actually do it without someone DSC when leading !

Well done to Kart for 2nd and River for an epic comeback to 3rd... Had great pace, shame about the mistake....

Results are provisional at this stage, have a couple of protests inbound so will try to sort through them as fast as we can

Onto Indy Road for the sprint round... should be a cracker as well.
    Stu
  10. Anthonyb