Season 15: Taxi's in Flannelette's!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 3, 2018.

1. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Hey Jlynn, yeah I was struggling, but on SS. So i felt like I should have been a quicker at the start, for some reason i just couldn't feel the car underneath me for the first 2 laps. I was trying to keep everything straight but was getting mugged on the first lap, sorry mate.
  2. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Q: Very happy with 4th, similar to Shaun i was up about 3-4 tenths a few times but couldn't complete it to get 2-3rd.
    R: Started with SS, and I struggled big time for the first 5-6 corners. Should have been a lot quicker but just couldn't get any feeling in the tires. Had a bit of contact with a team mate (not sure who? lost my replay) got sideways then bumped bystander Jlynn (sorry mate). After it cleared up, I looked in my mirrors and @Parkour was looming for a few laps but fortunately was able to slowly build a gap. @Godzilla during his first stint was quick and he built a 5 second lead and pitted on lap 14. Nursed my tires a bit, and was able to eek out 23 laps on SS going for the overcut. Pitted for Softs and came out with @Godzilla just passing me into Turn 1. The gap stabilised at 4 seconds, and the softs started working for me. Cut the lead down to 1 second, and piled pressure on for about 1-2 laps. Godz did a solid job ( just! hahah). Final gap was 0.2 sec
    Parkour, Godzilla and jlynn777 like this.
  3. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

All good mate, wasn't complaining or anything!! Was a pretty crazy start and it was so tight there was never a space for me to pull out. Have no idea how you saved that fish tail :eek: congrats on the good result :thumbsup:
  4. Andrew Le

Andrew Le Rookie

I should just copy and paste my last race report from my last round seeing that I finished 12th again.
    Although my teammate James battled me for that 12th spot like it was for the outright win. Don't you always love it when you don't expect a battle and next thing you know you're racing your tits off for the next 30laps. Then only to realised your still 12th or 13th. Funny realisation that. Never fought for 12th spot like that in my life. 13th 14th 11th same same same so I normally just try and get it home when I'm that far down. Normally just piss farting around with the rest of the losers. But dang man! James and I battled side by side for majority of the race. I found myself ignoring my braking markers and listening to when he would brakes then I'll brake right after. It's weird I know. But it worked. I actually trusted his braking point more than I trusted my own. So that paid off.
    I was really unprepared this round. Zero practice. My front left looked like a tomato the whole race. So unprepared I even did my fuel calculations in my head just moments before the staging light came o This would have to be my proudest moment of the night. As I crossed the finished line the car switched off. I literally rolled passed my fellow combatants like in Electric Hybrid Mode.
    Fluke perhaps? Or being Asian perhaps? All I know is that I will not be doing that again.
    Also my Crewchief had an RDO today so that didn't help. Always there for the drifting But seems to be retarded for when I need him most.
    Thankyou all. #thisisracingatitfinest. #bathurst
    Bogor, jlynn777, marty and 3 others like this.
  5. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

Another good round of racing :D

Quali was good. Managed to get 3rd place behind Rolz. Was hard to get a good lap in. Sorry to who ever I hit during quali. We were both on a flying lap and I went flat stick around that fast right handed before the chicane and didn't expect that big of a speed difference between us.

Race - got a good start and was battling Shaun for the first 3ish laps until I went around d the first corner and the rear shat itself.... I was almost fully sideways but somehow I managed to get it back under control. I managed to stay in front of rolz and ed but then it happened again and I managed to save it again. This time I was behind d Rolz and ed.

Had a good battle with ed for a while which let Rolz pull a small lead on us. Sorry for bump during the battle ED. Me and ED both went in the pits at the same time but luckily for me he over shot his box and that gave me the lead over him. I managed to get a decent gap between us but I made one mistake and he caught right up.

For the rest of the race he was right up my arse the whole time haha. We were both catching Rolz by almost half a second per lap(sometimes even more per lap).

I finally got a break from ED with 2 laps left when he ran out of fuel. I was around 3 seconds from Rolz with 2 laps left. For the next 2 laps I tried my hardest to catch up but by the end I was 1 and a half seconds behind Rolz.

Great Racing everyone. Congrats @Shaun and @Rolz for 1st and second. No one had a chance against Shaun.... To fast
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Rolz, Doublevision and jlynn777 like this.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Great racing last night! Congrats to @Shaun_A just on another level :thumbsup:

Really happy with last nights drive, at about lap 25 almost disaster... my headphones started to cut in and out :eek:
    First time it did it I thought I'd run out of fuel and was shocked, but then (it felt like forever) they kicked back in... had to put up with this for probably 3 laps and lost valuable time to Jay/Ed as I could see the distance dropping drastically... Having the sound kick in and kick out was bloody tough... Thankfully they came good with 2 laps to go and I managed to abate the slower laps... Going to go cord for next week... that sound issue is something I don't want to risk next week!

BL for @ed40t running out of fuel and @krunch with net issues
    Thanks to all the blue flag drivers, was very well done!
    Overall top driving by all :D

Next week, Enduro at Bathurst... excitement plus!!! :D
    krunch, jlynn777 and ed40t like this.
  7. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Epic race again. I wasn't even angry at running out of fuel, it meant i could finally relax!!!!
    My qual was average but made up heaps of spots at the start on cold tyres. Didn't get to have a rest the whole race, I was trying to keep jayjay away (who shouldnt have been behind me anyway) and losing time to rolz. Had a really good battle with jayjay, not many places to pass but he put on some awesome moves. Came out of pits with godzilla up me with cold softs it was really hard and lucky to hold him off to be honest. I eventually found some pace towards the end running in the 29's and it looked like it was going to be crazy the last few laps for position! Unfortunately ran out of fuel but i deserve it for not having a chance to play all week. Have to thank Jlynn for the help yesterday :p Not even on my team!! Sucks about your headset rolz but I wasnt complaining =D

Hope someone posts a replay!
    KoAStR, jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  8. Rolz

Uploading replay now... it's about 250mb compressed so might take an hour on my crappy 8/1MB ADSL connection :p
    JayJAY likes this.
  9. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

If you have uploaded it could you link it to me aswell? pretty please
  10. Rolz

11. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

12. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Hey guys. I think I've sorted my net issues now. Sorry if I mucked anyone up on Monday night. I only had my new router configured and online for about 2 hours before official prac and it seems every program and its dog wanted to do updates after being offline for a week. I thought I'd killed them all by race time but I missed one and it was sucking up most of my limited wireless bandwidth. I wasn't on the pace anyway as current real life stuff is taking precedence and I had zero time for prac. Things should start easing up a bit now so I may get a bit of prac in this week :).
    jlynn777, Anon666 and Rolz like this.
  13. Andrew Malcolm

Andrew Malcolm New Recruit

FYI - I'm sure most of you are already aware but someone may find it useful.
    The Steam summer sale is on with 50% a lot of sims.
    I picked up 12 months of iRacing for $29us (reduces when added to cart)
    AC ultimate us $25US (one of my friends is grabbing it)
    Automobilista + season pass $27us
    rfactor2 $16us
    PC2 60% off - PC 2 Deluxe edition 50% off
    simracing604 has a youtube video talking about the sim's pros and cons:
  14. Rolz

Heresy!!! :eek:o_O
    Only valid if you haven't already purchased it already :oops:
    :D:roflmao:
  15. Andrew Malcolm

Andrew Malcolm New Recruit

Yeah sorry Rolz, Should have mentioned that. People have just created a second 'new' account if they haven't bought any content already. You'll have to wait until the black Friday sale and get a renewal at 1/2 price. ;)
    Rolz likes this.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Zero05, mesafto, Godzilla and 2 others like this.
  17. JayJAY

JayJAY Rookie

anyone else not able to find the servers??
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think all servers went down earlier havent checked if they are back up. Was an issue on Kunos' end it seems.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

They may be doing some maintenance and prep for ACC, hopefully
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seems the servers are back, I just had to restart all the servers and now they are showing up.