Season 3 Track Discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 18, 2016.

1. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Thanks guys for the hard work on putting the track list together. Going to be a cracking season with Monza being the standout since it starts off raining and then dries out.
    George likes this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Excellent track list guys. Love the weather slots for the rounds. Kudos to the mods team for once again working their asses off.
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Was just wondering why most events are foggy and cloudy @stucar17

Found my tyre temps pretty cold at BRNO, Could not get the things up. Kinda felt greasy and awkward hopefully the tyre pressures can be adjusted enough to sort it out :confused:

Car does feel fairly good, praying it feels magical tuned.
  4. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Might of been my room settings Seth, I think for the first race at Brno I didn't sync to race so the entire race and qualy were in the cold fog
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Ah could explain it :)
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The weather settings are only visual mate. It won't matter weather clear or cloudy the track temp will be the same.
    v8power383 likes this.
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    It does in fact change, and in the Fog and Heavy Cloud the effect is quite drastic compared to Clear or light cloud.
    I know myself, Spidey and Zulu tonight were running around in the Fog with tyres struggling to reach 70 degree's of temp after 2-3 laps, where as when i tested on the track before tonight's M&G in Clear Weather, my tyres were nearing triple figures after the first flying lap. Both track conditions were ran with the same Tyre Pressures too
    I should note i'm not complaining, i love the strategic battle of figuring out how to get your tyres to work well in all conditions :thumbsup:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Doesn't make a lot of sense, the ambient and track temp stay the same, in the testing I did it made no difference, so long as the time of day was the same. IE, if the spread is only over 45 mins then there was little to no change, if the spread was over 5 hours (time progression) then there could be a significant change. That's my experience anyway.
  9. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    @stucar17 the temp will still change and depending on the track it can actually make it impossible to get heat into tires (Especially in the Radical).
    Also, what is it will all these dry race weather changes? (fog, hazy, light/heavy cloud) Tuning is hard enough for some people as it is and now this is just going to make it harder and the people who dont get much time to practice are basically being given the finger.
    Thats just my opinion anyway.
    Beau_Albert, seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Lets put this argument to bed. Here are the track temperatures for Brno using the date and time settings for round 1 for every dry weather option the game has on offer:

Clear -> 28 °C
    Light Cloud -> 28 °C
    Medium Cloud -> 28 °C
    Heavy Cloud -> 28 °C
    Overcast -> 28 °C
    Hazy -> 28 °C
    Fog -> 19 °C
    Heavy Fog -> 19 °C

The decision to use multiple dry weather slots was made for visual purposes only and was not intended to make this season any more difficult than it currently is through significant track temperature variations throughout a race (Enduro excluded). It's apparent that the track temperatures under fog were simply overlooked. I'm sure @stucar17 will see to getting the fog weather slot for Brno swapped out. The fog weather slot in the enduro is of little significance as the 24 hour time cycle would see the variable track temperature as being a significant strategic consideration anyway. In fact its likely to be of benefit as it will prolong the cool period where temperatures stay in the range of 18 to 20 degrees.
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Then why was fog bought up if it makes the track colder, when this radical really needs those tyre temps lol.
    guess only time can tell.
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Read my whole comment..... It was an oversight.
  13. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Driver: Hi race control. Yeah na I'm not going out unless the track warms up a bit, can you schedule my race for later on. Thx love ya.

Race control: Piss off and race what you're given. :)
    *not meant to offend anyone, just a funny thought going thru my head*
    SuiCid3, VARDZ, George and 5 others like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    careful, if you post every thought you have, you'll end up like @seth123
    SuiCid3 and Nathancarhead like this.
  15. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I'm a slower fella, one thought a day is a good average for me :thumbsup:
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Watch out Hatfield, you might never get those fake boosted likes if you keep at it
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol already made it back to number 1 legit ;)
  18. autech91

autech91 Professional

Yup, anyone who races IRL would know the difference track temp has on your tyre grip levels.
    I have yet to not go out on track cause it's too cold/wet/hot, I just don't push as hard when the track isn't up to it. That's bike racing too where if you muck up your break real bones.

So in short, if your tyres aren't up to temp, don't drive like a muppet n you wont crash.

Queue autech91 crashing in the fog as his tyres aren't up to temp and all of ROOZ going, TOLD YA SO!
    Sam D Blacklock and Zachery like this.
  19. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    You're alive @autech91. Haven't seen you around for ages. How's the bike and body?? More importantly the bike ;)
  20. autech91

autech91 Professional

Haha, bikes ok, body is healing up ok after a wee spill a few weeks back (still kept racing).
    Been doing a fair bit of real racing, World of tanks and we adopted another dog so been doing a lot of work there. Will be back on soon though just haven't had the desire to jump on PC much lately.