Season 4 - Division 1- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah agreed, before my disconnect everything was on track to get to the end. had 14 laps remaining with 14.9 laps of fuel left, and tyres were at roughly 75% with the 15 laps to go.
    TheJuzzy and Anthonyb like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Driver Briefing - ROUND 5 - ROAD AMERICA

Tested last night and the following settings will be fine. I finished with 3.6 ltrs and my front left tire was the lowest on 65%. Temps were fine, so everyone should be able to get to the end comfortably.

LAPS - 36 (changed from 38)
    Weather Slots. 1 - cloudy 2. overcast 3. clear
    Weather
    progression - set to race
    TUNING OFF

FUEL : slow
    TIRE WEAR : slow
    Date : 9/10/16
    1pm race start
    Track Temp : 35*
    Ambient Temp : 25*

[​IMG]
    This is a VERY FAST track so ALL drivers need to be aware that the draft changes your brake points. Into turns 1, 5 and 12 are the most likely where you will get a run in the draft, and a chance to attack other cars. Its also the biggest chance to stuff up someones night, so please use your heads here. In the test room last night it was easy to save fuel in the draft and as soon as i got in any battles i was losing 1.5 - 2 secs per lap.......

TRACK LIMITS : As always the track limits are the edge of the ripple strips or white line. The only real issues could be at TURNS 1 and 3, where there is run off to the left, HOWEVER the track is very bumpy and seemed to have more of a negative effect on lap speed. TURNS 12 and 13.....again on the exit there is some run off room, but the bumpiness of the ripple strips unsettles the car and tends to slow the exit speed. There is also time penalties there, be warned !
    That said, any driver constantly running off track in turns 1 and 2, 12 and 13 will receive a penalty if its determined they were gaining an advantage.

LAP 1 :
    This will the biggest chance for issues, as the run into turn 1 is fast and for cars back from about 2nd, is largely blind. PLEASE TAKE CARE THROUGH HERE SO EVERYONE CAN GET TO TURN 5 IN ONE PIECE. This will set up the best chance for a cracking race as the draft certainly gives everyone a chance to stay in a pack.

Good luck, please redress any issues on track. ;)

Stu
  3. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

So haven't done any laps yet around RA
    What's a good lap with full fuel?
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    In div 1 id say 16s. I may be wrong
  5. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Yea sweet almost there.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well as luck would have it my power has just gone out. It's currently expected to be fixed by 9 pm (7 pm Sydney time) so I should be able to still make the race. However if i'm not online by the start of qualifying you know why.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Modem bricked again so that was me done. I pulled off when I saw cars dart left and right, then finally dsc'd at the penultimate corner. Got a great view of what looked like Cagm taking Seth out, that was pretty funny. If someone can give me some encouragement to turn up next week that'd be great, this game sucks.
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Road America.
    Qualy:
    [​IMG]

Race:
    [​IMG]

Fastest:
    [​IMG]

DSC:
    1st - N64.
    2nd - Seth.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Oh by the way what a lap Spidey, superb job taking pole, that's definitely a lap to remember!
  10. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Phew , I thought I punted you off Stiggie , thank god for that.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Nah you were all good mate, this vid shows me getting a good start and as soon as I saw cars dart I pulled over and let everyone through.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  12. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    What a race!
    Qualified on the second row of the grid after what i felt was a near perfect lap for me, only to see Spidey almost 4 tenths up the road! Slipstream or not, that lap was phenominal! Spidey, take a bow!
    I got a dream launch off the start and got past Dan and challenged Spidey into turn one, yet sat back until the next straight to take the lead into Turn 3 and try and open up a lead by breaking out of slipstream range. Sadly by this time Konnor had made it into P2 and after a few quick laps found his way back into my slipstream. For the next 29 laps we fought tooth and nail running a high pace, yet trading positions every 3 or 4 laps at a time.
    I think we were both sort of playing the waiting game with neither of us attempting a major breakaway from the other, however in the final 6 laps the pressure ramped up from Konnor and we began fighting hard on rubbish tyres. On the Penultimate lap i was alongside Konnor heading toward T1, and under brakes he shifted down one too many gears and rotated the car, allowing me to back off the pace on the older tyres and ease across to the line.
    Heading into the final two rounds i'll be giving it my all to try and win the championship before i'm sure the entire PCARS community sets sail to Kunos' sim for the upcoming season. See you all next week in Sunny Spain!
    -Bobo
    Konnor McCluskey and Spidey_11 like this.
  13. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Cheers but that was all slipstream of two consecutive Laps behind TRL HOL and I feel like I stole his pole position but I'll take it as I probably won't see another pole in Div 1 :)
  14. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Man that sucks. Hope your net gets sorted soon or is it just pcars? You're a good bloke for seeing it happen and pulling off to the side :thumbsup:
    JonoStan96 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    l
    I had my sister and cousin ruining the internet all weekend facetime random people (teenage girls are f*€¥ing annoyng) and my line doesn't enjoy it's resources getting sapped so fast, otherwise it would have been fine. Next week I'll turn the modem off for a few hours before the race to avoid this happening again.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  16. autech91

autech91 Professional

Bollocks, slipstream is a part of racing which we must use on a track like that to get a good lap, my 15.9 was in the slipstream of TRL as well I think.

Race report:
    Well after not even plugging my wheel in for 2 weeks my first laps were in the quali which I just managed to make it for. Wasn't too slow but only qual'd in 10th which isn't my normal spot! I do love Road America so I was confident I'd build speed over the race.
    Race start I got a good start and managed to work my way into 6th on the first lap. From there I had a massive queue of cars behind me as I was very slow, only running 18s and 19, I wasn't going to make it easy for them though as I knew I'd pick up the pace once I'd turned a few more laps, which is in essence what happened aided my Jono giving Juzzy a bit of a tap from his lag.
    Set about reeling in TRL which is when I got my good lap time, once I caught him I sat behind him for a bit looking to see where he was strong and if it was worth overtaking him, eventually decided he was holding me up a tad so moved to overtake him at the end of the 2nd straight into the braking zone. Nice n clean pass and set off, gapping someone at RA proved difficult as the slipstream was good enough to keep you close with less effort than the car in front.
    Ended up in a race long tag team with CAGM who caught me after a mistake, I decided to follow him for a bit and together we were catching Spidey in 3rd. Eventually he started making errors so I overtook and tried to make a break, but it wasn't to be as I kept cocking up the left hander under the bridge lap after lap and developed a bit of a mind fart towards that corner.
    Final few laps were an awesome battle with CAGM who tried to outsmart me on the last lap by not overtaking on the front straight, ended up behind him on the 2nd straight though as he made a move which put me in a good spot to take 4th as I knew I was quicker than him around the long right hander onto the back straight. Top driving Spidey and the two other muppets on the podium.

Possibly my fav race this season as I got to do a lot of overtaking and had to use my head a bit to not go at it the whole race.
    The_Spectre, emuegg11 and Spidey_11 like this.
  17. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    You little beauty!!!
    In qualy I got massively lucky and exited behind TRL Hol and managed to follow him around for two laps which built up a huge slipstream and allowed that qualy time :) I stole that pole off you TRL but I'll take it as it'll probably be my one P1 start in Div 1 :).
    I was actually nervous as the counter went down to zero, my time stood, and I was starting at the front..... Reminded me of season one with you guys in the Ruff
    I knew I was never going to hold off the fastest boys so instead of ruining their race and mine they went thru and I tried to stick to their draft but they were off! Thanks for leaving me Beau and sickskills lol
    Sittin pretty in P3 felt good until I saw the battle of Aut's and CAGME starting to catch me, they battled, passed each other and gave me vital time to keep out in front. I was worried they would work together and catch me but thankfully that didn't happen.
    Long race and a few mistakes as I kept looking at the gaps but no spins :)
    So happy with that result :)
    SPL Racing, The_Spectre and emuegg11 like this.
  18. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Na you didn't steal anything from me, you just chose a good car to position yourself behind (and I think my best lap had draft at the very end from memory);)

Interesting race for myself, I had the race pace but incidences kept on bringing me back to the back, like a mysterious complete stop going at 230km/h, a magnetic off on turn 1, and then poor driving due to frustration. Pretty surprised I finished the race as about 5 times I was about to rage quit. Games should be fun lol... Cya next week
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  19. autech91

autech91 Professional

Ahh the glass wall, a bug that has been there I am told since day dot. To think they asked people to pay for DLC when they never got the game stable. Overall is 100 times better than GT6 for lobby stability and bugs, but still could be loads better, lets hope AC can raise the game.
    Zachery and Spidey_11 like this.
  20. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

So last night proved that I could have close battling and rubbing without slowing each other down or getting stuck together....all it took was a little more care and a lot of common sense.
    Me and beau battled back and forth for 34 laps just testing each other out and figuring out where we were going to make our moves on the final lap, I had sorted out early where I was gonna pounce but unfortunately on the penultimate lap i lacked abit of focus going into T1 side by side with beau and thought I was in 6th but was in 5th instead and changed down an extra gear which gave me deaccleration lock and half spun, saved it but I'd gone infield by then and came out with a corner cut penalty which blew a good chance at the win. Well done to beau for another win and I was outclassed in the end, I really had to win that race to get the title chase down to about 7 points going into the final 2 rounds. Hoping now that luck will go my way in the next 2 so I can hopefully claim my first ever rooz Sunday league title.

Spidey what a ripper of a pole lap no matter the circumstances....you still had to put a clean lap together in the first place to get that time so full credit to you.