Season 4 - Division 2- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    No I didn't sniff the seat Zharvs, I can't believe you would even ask me that ;)
    ADZA_85 and Zachery like this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    haha took the words right outta my mouth :roflmao:;)
    SPL Racing likes this.
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    get a room you 2 lol
    AOCleaner74, SPL Racing and Zachery like this.
  4. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I thought I would share the second half of race 1 from Sunday night in what was the battle for 3rd place between myself and @Beverages4017 in the red car. He had been on my bumper for about 8 laps before where this video starts trying to find a way through but I was doing my best to defend. The last 10 minutes things really started to get fierce and I made 2 small mistakes which he pounced on me on both occasions leaving us to fight it out on the final lap. @AOCleaner74 (in the orange car) picked his way through our battle and Cob joined in for a while before his cut track penalty. One of the most fun battles to the death I have had at ROOZ.
    https://www.facebook.com/shane.loga...f_t=video_processed&notif_id=1470721138660998
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i cant see it mate, maybe only friends can see it??
  6. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Sorry for the FB link YouTube was being a dick
  7. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    ah yeah sorry just changed it to public. check it now
  8. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Funny how it was showing me in the orange car, my car looked stuck on the grid!
  9. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah I know I didn't think it was you at first then as the replay went on I realized that it couldn't be anyone else. Some strange stuff goes on in those replays
  10. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Made a proper mess of that last corner!
    SPL Racing likes this.
  11. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah you just had to park it on the apex and there was no way I would have gotten past. Great racing otherwise
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright guys, don't normally do this but i wanted to highlight why we need to have a process for race incidents and why its so important for everyone to wait till all the info comes in......

The incident between Samsung and Beau in DIV 1 is down to a lag / internet / game issue and i want to highlight why we don't want any finger pointing until we look at all the video data.....

Sam sent the first vid as a protest and highlights contact at 14 seconds. Based on this, was thinking penalty, and TBH was expecting beau to show a vid from his replay confirming the same contact.....o_O

As i always do, i let Beau know that there was a protest and give him the chance to show why there shouldnt be a penalty applied....

Beau then supplied a top view showing something completely different, and why both drivers had a differing view on why things happened the way they did.

At 7 seconds Beau is more than alongside and there is MORE than 3/4 of a car length difference between the 2 videos where the contact occurs.

Its pretty obvious that at the time Sam would feel he has copped an illegal hit, while Beau felt he was well along side to attempt a 'tight' but legal pass.....The replay and incident are COMPLETELY different in the 2 vids :confused:

TBH, i knew that there can be issues with Net issues / lag etc, but this incident really highlights why we try to follow the process we do, and all i ask is that in future you consider this example before drawing conclusions about any particular incident / drivers. Obviously this is relevant to ALL drivers regardless of division !

I will try to finalize the regs for Round 4 by early thursday morning. Rest assured there wont be any surprises or anything, will just be a confirmation of a date that wont kill your tires and a wear rate that ensures everyone makes it home with some rubber...

Cheers stu
    SPL Racing, Zachery and ADZA_85 like this.
  13. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I personally can't wait until we're rid of this game, at its core it is OK, but the exucution of the final product leaves a lot to be desired, and it's many glitches, way over complicated FFB system (with no real explanation on what does what) and unfulfilled promises from SMS have left me a bit disappointed after initially having high hopes for this game, and have also left me more than suspicious about any sequels these guys may dish out, after having released this game unfinished and after a year it is still not right.
    Magnetic cars, land mines, unreliable replays, having the game pause on you without pressing any button, or being thrown right out to the ps4 home screen and/or share screen mid lap ( all of these things happened to me last night, with the exception of magnetic cars and replays), in a room by myself over a ten minute period, so I just gave up.
    Don't get me wrong it can and does provide good racing at times, but it's bad points are starting to outweigh the good.
    Yes it's still better than PD's drab and lifeless understeer simulator 6, but hopefully whatever comes along next will tick all the boxes we need here.
    SuiCid3, Zachery and SPL Racing like this.
  14. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    You forgot to mention when it crashes and wipes your entire game history
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Unfortunately mate i think we all agree with what you have said. I think this will be my last pcars season. Ill be hoping theres an AC season next time round. Even if it means waiting an extra few weeks. As you said, pcars is goid at the core, but has too many issues too just brush aside. Been a good game in the interim, but now we need something refined and polished. With F1, GT Sport and AC coming. Pcars will die a swift death i believe.
  16. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017

My best lap so far... Could get it down to a 15 if i had more time to practice but pretty happy with where I'm at here.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Thats not bad mate. Im at 16.4 pb at this stage. But i didnt have much fuel on board for that
  18. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah I'm about the same, did a 16.2 last night and although I could pick up 2 tenths going up I kept losing them going down.
    Zachery likes this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Its a bit like that. Theres a lot to get right/wrong for 1 lap
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    @Hatfield Tables yet to be updated.