Season 4 - Division 2- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Ill be round 8ish. Will join in wherever you guys are.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Ill be late if i get on at all. Wee man is screamin the house down lol.
  3. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Good track list. Sorry to have only entered the first one.
    Had a big stack racing today and ive done my groin.
    Was ok for 5 minutes in seat. Aftee that i was in agony.
    Looks like some good competition this season.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Sorry for the dusconnect guys. Internets playin up.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  5. Anthony

Anthony Rookie

PSN ID
    AnthonyChaplin
    Thanks @v8power383 for hosting tonight.
    Great racing tonight!! This season is going to be awesome. Spewing I'm missing the last 2 races, Internet died, fingers crossed it's a Telstra problem and not another dead router.
    stucar17, SPL Racing and v8power383 like this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK bit of a drivers briefing before round 1 for all divs.....
    Last night race highlighted a couple of things regarding this track. If you have anything to add (constructively) or want clarification on something then shoot so we are all on the same page before sunday....

FUEL - will be set to REAL for this round. It will be tight, but you should get home with about a lap to spare. If you dont have the app, i would suggest checking you can get home without having to short shift to save for a few laps. Based on the data from other drivers last night every one should be ok.....just !

[​IMG]

trying to pass in the high speed chicanes (turns 2,3,4,- 5,6) generally ended in a nightmare for those involved. If you are slow in those 2 sections and someone has a run on you, best to give up the spot. Is very tight and trying to defend 'could' push you into a penalty.

Turns 9 and 10, there is a clear penalty if you run wide to the left back up the hill, not worth the risk of pushing track limits.

Turns 11 and 12 (variante chicane) there is a penalty if you run off the green astro turf to the right, and as per ROOZ rules and regs all drivers should be keeping 2 wheels on the white line. I think for this section of track however, it is accepted that with no ripple strip there it is acceptable for drivers to run onto the astro turf.

After the meet and greet, a few other points
    - there was a few occasions where drivers were 'pushed' into a penalty, and lost positions because of it.....a reminder that on these occasions it is advisable to redress and let the other driver back past.
    - if you get a 'cut track' penalty, please make sure you are well off the racing line if there are other drivers behind. Sometimes is tough to do so depending on the track and corner involved, but please make every attempt.
    - There were a few lag issues last night that i saw. Not much, but enough to cause a slight rub into something more. Please keep this in mind if there is slight contact.

Cheers stu
    Zachery likes this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Nice rundown @stucar17.. Thanks for that.

Now, what seems to be the secret to going quick in this car? i seemed well off the pace last nihgt (Albeit, i usually am until i get midweek practice) but not sure what i need to change in regards to driving style, in comparison to the Radical from last season. any help would be muchly appreciated.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    im probably not the person to ask TBH, but most of the fast guys are talking about being aggressive with it, which i cant get my head around !

For me, i can get on the throttle much faster than i imagined, so am still coming to terms with that. also finding the roll point, rather than braking.....i found .3 consistently just be experimenting with that....should be on tonight if you want some help.
    Zachery likes this.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah the guys in my room were saying the same last night. i have noticed that, even without traction control, the rear wheels dont really lose it coming out of corners, so gotta get used to that. and gotta learn how fast it can go, and how late i can brake. i thought i was doing well, but apparently ill need to break out of the comfort zone to push the other guys.
    Now i have the track list to work with, ill find the time. need to get used to not being at the front this season i think. lol

I may be around tonight. moving house so ill probably be packing lol.
    SPL Racing and stucar17 like this.
  10. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    From what I have learned so far with this car it is all about keeping your momentum because the car doesn't have great acceleration. I brake a little earlier than normal so I can set the car up and get it pointed at the apex and get on the gas just before the apex giving me a fast run out of the corner. And don't be afraid to muscle it around a bit, the Radical needed minimal steering inputs or it would try and buck you off, the Ginetta is a bit more forgiving.
    A little bit of practice on track and you will be up to speed in no time so don't worry too much
    Zachery likes this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Thanks mate, yeah the radical loved a spin if not gentle. might need to get back into the "slow in, fast out" style of driving and see how i go. You did very well last night mate. im sure ill be up to speed by the weekend, as per usual.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    It took me a while to get my wheel dialled in after re-calibration (It was like driving an XD Falcon around a go kart track at first). I have done a bit of practice over the past 2 weeks to get used to the car and learn some of the new tracks (Imola and Catalunya) so I don't embarrass myself this season. I'm sure that some of the guys last night have had little practice and have massive gains to find. I'm going to try and get a bit more serious this season and put in some more practice time to keep up with the pack. V8 looked super quick last night so maybe us old div 3 guys can work together and hold our own this season.
    Zachery likes this.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah V8 was quick last night too! im happy to see an "ex div 3" revolution this season mate. lets see what div2 has to offer!
  14. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Turn 8 there is a filthy cut track penalty if you get all of your wheels over the outside kerb. Shocking place to be doing 20km/h.
  15. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    I thought i was flying when i pulled a high 1.52 then i saw some guys pushing low 51s. I don't know if i can make up that much time on track!
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  16. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Just drive it like you stole it and don't be afraid of the ripple strips
  17. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Soo...
    Do we have to set fuel loads in main garage or anything.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    just adjust your fuel by 1 litre in the garage prior to season starting.
  19. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    And save the tune to all tracks
    Zachery likes this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    what times are we looking at for Imola, to be competitive?