Season 5 Car selection (phase 1)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by OuttaAngst, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Lol not to worry Bonus. I don't think many people would agree with me on that.

My reasoning is slower car == easier to drive, therefore the guys who might struggle to come to grips with a fast car are less likely to make mistakes, and in turn more likely to enjoy battles with the rest of the field.
    That's how I imagine it anyway, might not be the case at all in reality. And besides, I think we're all at a level where we can handle a bit more speed.
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No flood im probably the minority on this, you and a fair few other like the closeness of slower car, I just an impatient old prick who likes to get where there going lol. I'm happy to go with the majority for the sunday league. I tend to have more difficulty with the slower cars for some reason, the Tamora gave me grief for a while, got the hang of it near the end of the season.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Track selection would negate the "boredom" of a slower car though. I remember some of the best online races I had were in the UF1000 on Live for Speed. And they were mainly held on the shorter circuits.
  4. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Rookie

BMW M3 on Sports Mediums

Go try it.. Epic
  5. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    I've cast my vote but I'm happy to go with the majority on whatever the choice. i joined the league at the start of season 3 and had more fun driving the tamora than i had with the mclaren. [even though i voted for it i just couldnt seem to get any consistency] i like the recommended cars for the reasons listed.
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

The camaro ss10 has a lot of colours and is powered down a lot in the recomended garrage. havn't tested it yet but i like the one i own a lot.
  7. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Looks like an Arcade car some where between 500-600 pp thats FR is the go, i voted that way :)
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Ok get some suggestions for a car in that range up asap. Need to get the car first and then pick the tracks to suit it. As soon as we got the car and tracks Anon has offered to do a promo video, so it would be good to get a few guys together to do a film shoot of some exciting passing manoeuvres in the car on the tracks we have selected. This video will be great for recruiting can send the link to all Ausies on your friends list and the good clean drivers you see in online public rooms.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Here's the list from the wiki that matches that criteria.
    'yes' or 'no' refers to choice of colour.
    Refer wiki Recommended Garage

High End Performance G37 479BHP 1450kg 571PP FR Yes Street-Tuned
    Grand Touring Garage 1970 Ford Mustang "Trans-Cammer" 618BHP 1721kg 562PP FR No Street-Tuned
    Art Morrison Corvette '60 536BHP 1437kg 551PP FR No Street-Tuned
    Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera 380BHP 1120kg 549PP FR No Street-Tuned
    Citron GT by Citron Road Car 500BHP 1450kg 548PP Yes Street-Supercar
    Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 570BHP 1620kg 540PP FR Yes Street-Supercar
    AEM S2000 451BHP 1155kg 518PP FR No Racing
    Shelby Cobra 427 '66 484BHP 1068kg 516PP FR Yes Street-High Performance
  10. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

From that list (without testing them) my picks are the G37 or the SLS.
    I might have a run in a few cars tonight.
  11. keggz

keggz New Recruit

Hmm.

Might have to throw some laps down tonight.

AMG/S2000/380RS get my vote atm.

Unless we were to go the old school muscel route.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    amg or the amuse for me.

Stu
  13. KILLADRIFT

KILLADRIFT New Recruit

2nd that.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I might throw this out there, anyone else think we could run A mix of the vette, amuse, Citron and amg? There is only 10 PP between them and the diff I can see is the amount of straight line grunt 3 have over the lighter amuse. I think we could have some great races if the tracks are picked right with the race distances thought through?

Just a thought, smack me over the head if you feel the need !

Stu
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Not sure on having different cars for this league race. I like the idea of different cars but we already do that in other organised races and this one is all about having equality for all so it comes down to the skill difference not the car difference, thats why we are going with the arcade cars after all.
    But if everyone thinks this format is getting stale then we should look at Stuecars suggestion, but i will all ways be wondering if i picked the right car, at least i could blame my losses on that lol.
  16. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I honestly think it would make for some great races with copious amounts of passing on some tracks, but it would be extremely difficult to implement fairly, I mean, laps times between the different cars would have to be practically the same on every track for it work.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Your probably right bonus. I love the idea of different cars racing though, and given Sunday is the only night i can race without getting divorced thought i would throw it out there. Pity i cant join a diff league night......

Have said it before, am happy to race whatever the rules.
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I'm with ya there stue, racing different car gives you the rivalry us Ausies have been tuned to all our lives through the Holden v Ford thing. Been working on a GM v Ford race and got the Camaro ss10 and the XR8 closely matched setting the HP to 641. Been doing public room races and each has a track they are that tinny bit better on but in the most part very close.
    Can organise a one off race say on a Wednesday night and maybe you can talk the misses into letting you hog the TV for that one night Stue, seeing it's GM v Ford she might understand it your religious obligation to stick up for the manufacturer you grew up with an elegance to.
    Thinking a day night race run for about an hour and a half, see what day is best for you and well get it going for then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.