Season 5 Car Selection (Phase 2)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    OK guys now that we've narrowed it down it's time to pick the car.
    I've picked just 4 cars that meet the round 1 vote criteria following your suggestions, too keep the vote streamlined.
    If you desperately want anything added let me know.

List of RG cars meeting round 1 vote criteria - 500-600PP, FR drivetrain.
    1. High End Performance G37 [sub]479BHP 1450kg 571PP FR Yes Street-Tuned[/sub] ** WINNER ** [/*]
    2. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 [sub]570BHP 1620kg 540PP FR Yes Street-Supercar[/sub] [/*]
    3. Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera [sub]380BHP 1120kg 549PP FR No Street-Tuned[/sub][/*]
    4. AEM S2000 [sub]451BHP 1155kg 518PP FR No Racing [/sub][/*]
    5. Grand Touring Garage 1970 Ford Mustang "Trans-Cammer" [sub]618BHP 1721kg 562PP FR No Street-Tuned[/sub][/*]
    6. Art Morrison Corvette '60 [sub]536BHP 1437kg 551PP FR No Street-Tuned[/sub][/*]
    7. Citron GT by Citron Road Car [sub]500BHP 1450kg 548PP Yes Street-Supercar[/sub][/*]
    8. Shelby Cobra 427 '66 [sub]484BHP 1068kg 516PP FR Yes Street-High Performance[/sub][/*]
    [sub]NOTE: 'yes' or 'no' refers to choice of color available. Refer wiki Recommended Garage[/sub]

Let's get this closed out by Friday (23rd September) so get voting! ;)

Car POLL ADJUSTED RESULTS;
    1. Amuse 0 votes = 4 votes[/*]
    2. SLS -4 votes = 9 votes[/*]
    3. S2000 -1 votes = 1 votes[/*]
    4. G37 +5 votes = 14 votes[/*]

Car POLL Adjustments;
    1. Aza: -1 vote SLS | +1 vote G37[/*]
    2. Stu: -1 vote SLS | +1 vote G37[/*]
    3. Keggz: -1 vote SLS | +1 vote G37[/*]
    4. Snake: -1 vote SLS | +1 vote G37[/*]
    5. KILLADRIFT: -1 vote S2000 | +1 vote G37[/*]

Tyre POLL Adjustments;
    1. Snake: -1 vote Sport Hard | +1 vote Sport Soft[/*]
  2. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Edited with a fourth choice. I think the G37 is also a popular contendor.
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I like the idea of different colours so the Merc fits that but i love the s2000 and havn't driven the Amuse. Will be on tonight to test them all and have my decision posted immediately after woods.
    As i said in the Shout box, i have been contacted by Shaun Cole from Insidesimracingtv and he is looking at doing something for their show on the video I sent them Anon did for us on the big race. I have asked if he could hold off a little to include the promo video of our next series Anon has so kindly offered to do. Would be good for us to get a car decided on ASAP so as to make the most of this opportunity. Not sure we will get it in the show but its important we can have it in there for a chance, at the least we will have it up on their web site.
    So get testing and pick ya poison, be good if it can be done by tomorrow.

Thanks for getting this vote post up so quick Koaster, I blinked and there it was, good job
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    No prob's Bonus ;)
    Tyre vote added. Options subject to change.
    Take your favourite car for a test drive and post your tyre suggestions.

But we can sort out tyres after we've picked the car, so choose your car first so we can get the promo done!

Cheers ;) Happy voting.
  5. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Hey fellas, can I change my vote on the poll? I voted sports hard, thinking it was racing hard (still on struggle street after the weekend), if racing hard is not an option my pick would be sports soft, sorry to stuff you around Koastr.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    AMG on sports soft....i need all the help i can get !!
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sorry there's no option to enable revoting and I'd have to start a new thread and poll to reset the votes... But it's no problems. :p
    We'll just take your comment into consideration when reviewing the final tally, I doubt sports hards are going to be in contention anyway. ;)
  8. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

I like the way this is going. Gullwing on sports whatever tyres. I dont think anyone will really need race tyres with this weapon. Back to the same tyres for all divisions. And the ladies will love it.
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I went g37, it was good on most tracks we tested, and as Azza pointed out you could do a lot of corners side by side with it. The sls Merc was good and fast on sweeper tracks but not so good on stop starts and no way of keeping it to one side of the track trying passing maneuvers. I was torn between the 2 but based on what i think would give the best racing experience, its the G37 for me on Sport Soft for all Divs.
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

It comes down to the SLS and G37 for me. The SLS is great on ss tyres, a good challenge. The G37 is probably too easy on ss tyres, but I think as bonus said, it will provide some good side by side racing action. I guess it would be nice to be able to concentrate on racing lines and overtaking strategies without worrying about keeping the rear of the car from overtaking the front. It really does handle like a low powered racing car, sticking to the tarmac extremely well, even on sports tyres. We could easily run ss tyres in all divisions, which is nice.
  11. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

As Chev, Bonus and Aza have mentioned above, the choice for a car we can race for position in. The 2 cars I like most were the G37 and the Nismo 380. Unfortunately the Nismo doesn't come with more colours. :( So, the G37 is my selection. The SLS is good but kinda understeery when compared to the other 2. And the G37 is real manageable if we have a wet race. Track list still not out ATM. The AEM S2000 is lots of fun but I can't see us racing it. It feels like it was born to drift. I'm surprised by the amount of votes this early. I hope we've been testing first lads! :)
  12. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    yeah I'd like to change my vote i picked the sls cause I have one in my garage and its great but after a bit of a testing run with Bonus, Chev and Miki I find the G37 would be a better choice cause you dont have to worry about the car stepping out when trying to pass so you can concentrate on just racing the car and you can make some exciting passing manouvers which will make for exciting racing you have to be a bit more careful in the sls which reminds me of the last to cars we've done :cool:
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    hi guys, i voted for the AMG, but based on the fact that i havent been able to do any testing if you guys think that the G37 is a better car to "race" then i am happy to go with that. Will TRY to get on tonight about 9:30 if anyone around.......work sux for me at the moment

Koaster if you can take that as a change of vote for me would be good.

Stu
  14. keggz

keggz New Recruit

I have also voted for the AMG.

However, if the general conscience is the G37 will offer a more suited racing experience for all divisions, then I would have to vote for this option as Im not the most experience driver, but would like to be in the mix of racing" rather than digging myself out of the sand traps. Well, in the case of HSR, scraping my car off the walls.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    No problems Stu.

The AEM S2000, definitely a drift bred machine ;) - I've added some sub-classes to the racing category in the wiki ;)

With potentially two votes swinging from the SLS to the G37 I make it neck-a-neck between these two machines! 8 votes a piece (total 22 votes). :D

I think this season's car, track, and grid line-up is stacking up to be a cracker! Becoming disappointed not to be racing!
    But the missus must be appeased.... :p
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sell her........problem solved !!
  17. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Hahaha, Stu! Cheeky bastard :p

Just wanted to mention lads, I too voted for the SLS AMG, as it's my favourite car there imo, I must admit I haven't even driven the G37, so, if you guys think it would provide better racing, I'm all for it.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hehe cheeky indeed. I could sell her, I've got my eye on a couple of sweet camels, but I could use a break from Sunday racing anyway ;)

Mate I strongly recommend you take the G37 for a test drive. We've had the situation before where people didn't test drive and ended up dissappointed going with other peoples suggestion....
  19. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

We can't stress this enough. It is vital that you test before voting. I only tested the 4 cars at High Speed Ring wet and dry to test the car at a fast flowing circuit, and at Suzuka, a stop start track, kinda opposites to see where the potential problems will be.

I'm gonna try to be on at nights, so feel free to drop by. Or invite me when i'm online.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    EDIT - new poll section deleted following Bonus's comments below.
    Edited first post with poll adjustments tracking.

THanks Bonus, I think we're all still learning the 'in's and out's' of polls on this new forum. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.