Season 5 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys, jas wanted me to let you know that he can't make tonight's race.

Stu
  2. steeny17

steeny17 Jarod

I think that while its good that we have some new players wanting to join.. its abit pointless them only doing the last two rounds & potentially getting in the way of the other players championship.
  3. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Hmm thats interesting, are you going to turn up for the div 2 race though?
  4. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I'm going to start rear of grid......... just in case. LOL
  5. steeny17

steeny17 Jarod

Hope I didn't cause any problems in the race tonight, could only see 6 cars, couldn't see Dutchy, homebrew, turbo or evilmoon
  6. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    no wonder you rear ended me a few times. Caused me to get 2 penalties :( no worries though.

We should really try a race without voice chat.
  7. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Thats weird steeny, I could see you just fine. In fact, I think it was the 2nd last lap you went off on the left hander after the back straight, and I passed by you, but hit the grass and spun out right in front of you!! LOL.

I also caught you as you went wide into the sand on the last lap.

I amazingly after 4 of 5 straight disconnects, managed to stay connected the whole race, but in anticipation of not finishing, I had done literally NO practice at all during the week, and I didn't even set a qualifying time. I started rear of grid and just followed the field around the first lap, very much taking it easy, and on lap 2 I decided to race. The lack of practice really showed through and I got heaps of penalties (my they were HUGE) and my lap times were a good 15 or more seconds off the pace.

I managed to catch homebrew at the tail end and passed him, but he quickly got by me as I hit more shortcuts. Pitted end of lap 8 just behind homebrew, and then I set out to see what time I could get. Brought my lap times down to a more respectable 4.23.xx but I was still heaps behind everyone. Got back in front of homebrew again and somehow managed to get on the back of steeny towards the end.

A late spin and a late pass on steeny meant I actually finished the race in 9th spot behind homebrew. I shake my head at this internetz.

Congrats to Dougz on another win, bad luck to Aza who taught us all different swear words.

It's not all over for Aza in the championship though, on unadjusted points there should be 18 points difference between 1st and 2nd. On adjusted points though it blows out to 22 points difference. If Aza takes the win @ Spa, Dougz needs to finish no worse than 8th to claim the championship. Or does he? If in fact he does finish lower than 6th, this will be his worst round and get dropped making Aza the champion! It's a long shot Aza, but anything is possible in racing!!
  8. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Wasn't looking forward to this race at all. I never liked this track and even right up untill Sunday afternoon i really stuggled to do a lap without getting a penalty.
    I was pretty happy with my qualifying lap. Getting 2nd right behind Aza.
    I really wasn't comfortable with this track so my aim was to basically stay with Aza. Even at some points where i could have drafted past him, i just backed off and sat on his rear bumper. By sitting behind him i was able to learn his break markers and lines around the track. I got more and more comfortable as the race went on. I sat on him for almost the first half of the race. Until he ran a little wide and caught some sand, letting me by. I was half expecting him to run me down pretty quickly. But the split times were constantly see-sawing.
    I only got one 5 second penatly all race and barely made any other mistakes.
    Very happy to take the win. Good race Aza, would have been better if we kept fighting all race.. Aslong as the result was the same :p.

Thanks mate and yes, he sure did haha. I had just turned my headset off when i was in pitlane because it started to go flat halfway around that lap. Not long after i turned it off i could here Aza going off haha. I was glad i had turned it off. Would have scared the :):):):) out of me if i had it on haha.
    I was actually pretty happy to hear the you were frustrated though Az :p. Sorry.

Oh man.. don't put that on me haha. I've run about 7 laps around this track ever, and once again its one that Aza is comfortable with and loves.
    It is a long shot, but very possible.
    To make things worse i think someone has got into our router and have been using our internet. Somehow we've gone over our 50gb of usage for this month when we very rarely get to half. I'm not sure when it resets. Its early next month. So hopefully its before the race, or the very slow speed we're able to use is enough to connect and keep me in without any problems.. Does anyone know what kind of speed is needed for it to run smoothly? I'm gonna go join a lobby shortly to see how it holds up.
  9. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Actually, the championship has been settled. Even if Aza wins the next round, and Dougz finishes below 5th, and thus dropping his worst round, Dougz will still be 5 pts ahead:

Dougz: 1 | 3 | 6 | 1 | 3 | 1*| 1 | x = 140
    Aza: 4 | 2 | 3*| 3 | 1 | 3 | 2*| 1 = 135 (dropping first round)

Third is a long shot 4 way (all already have a DNS to drop):
    Nugget_22: DS | 4 | 1 | 4 | 2*| 5 | 7 | x = 85 (needs 4th+ to seal 3rd)
    Zampli: 3*| 7 | 4 | 2 | 6 | DS | 5 | x = 71 (needs 3rd+)
    x-3vi1m00n: 2 | 5 | DS | 6 | 4 | 4 | 6 | x = 68 (needs 2nd+)
    garyw61: DS | DS | 5 | 5 | 5 | 2 | 3 | x = 63 (needs win)

btw aza, zampli should be on 61, not 63 (before this round on the wiki) due to Fuji fastest lap.
  10. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    yeah thats what I thought when I posted up all the results from all the rounds since we lost everything on wiki but when Koaster (I think iy was) put the results on the new ladder he said I had it wrong and that Zampli was on 63. I'll make sure this is fixed when I post the results later
  11. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Race Results for Round 7 LE MANS (Curcuit de le Sarthe 2009) (Enduro Round)
    1 dougz32 (25pts)
    2 Aza2672 (20pts)(Fastest Lap+Pole):cool:
    3 garyw61 (15pts)
    4 GTP_Dutch (12pts)
    5 Zampli (10pts)
    6 x-3vi1m00n (8pts)
    7 Nugget_22 (6pts)
    8 mmm_homebrew (4pts)
    9 disturboed (2pts)
    10 Steeny17 (1pt)

Fastest Laps
    4:19.240 Aza2672:cool:
    4:21.134 Zampli
    4:21.387 dougz32
    4:21.477 Nugget_22
    4:22.075 garyw61
    4:22.644 GTP_Dutch
    4:23.038 mmm_homebrew
    4:23.839 disturboed
    4:25.182 x-3vi1m00n
    4:28.297 Steeny17

Overall Standings
    1 dougz32 (140pts)
    2 Aza2672 (122pts):cool:
    3 Nugget_22 (85pts)
    4 Zampli (71pts)(I made a mistake on Fuji Nugget actually got fastest lap for fuji not Zampli)
    5 x-3vi1m00n (68pts)
    6 garyw61 (63pts)
    7 disturboed (47pts)
    8 mmm_homebrew (32pts)
    9 Steeny17 (25pts)
    10 GTP_Dutch (23pts)
    11 KillaDrift (20pts)
    12 jas002 (15pts)
    13 keggoulez (8pts)

NEXT RACE: Sunday 4th December 2011
    NEXT TRACK: Round 8 SPA FRANCORCHAMPS 18 Laps
    ROOM OPENS: 8pm AEDT
    QUALIFYING STARTS: 8:10pm AEDT
    RACE STARTS: 8:20pm AEDT

Great racing once again last night fellas well done dougz looks like you've got the championship barring a major mishap now mate no pressure, good win last night mate sorry I sounded like a sore loser last night that wasn't my intension was just a bit disappointed thats all & I also appologise for my colourful language last night too. Lets make it a good one for the last round at Spa see you all there.:cool:
  12. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Yeh, im actually pretty sure i've wrapped it up. Evilmoon is right. If i get no points next week that will be my worst round leaving me on 140. If you win Az that will put you on 147 (149 if you get fastest lap). But your worst round will be 4th in the first round. Then you'd drop 12 points leaving you on 135 (137 wih fastest lap).

Thanks Az. Its been a really good season. Glad its almost gone right to the end. It would have if they never added the other round haha.
    Nah, didn't think you were a sore loser. Could just tell you were disappointed that it got away from you.

Still not sure if i can make Spa. I tried joining 2 lobbies this afternoon and i didn't even get on the track before i got disconnected from both of them. I'll have to check when it gets reset.
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    What ISP are you with Dougz?

Might be worth ringing them up and saying that you think your quota has been stolen. I have done this with Bigpond before and they credited me 2GB straight away.
  14. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Yeh, i'm with Bigpond. Might have to give that a go haha.
    Just checked and it resets on the 5th. The day after Spa.. damn haha.
  15. steeny17

steeny17 Jarod

You can come use mine lol, but I'll take your points haha.
  16. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yea, yea i screwed up, LOL! Moon is right, I double dipped on your dropped points Dougz thats what gave me that scenario. I dropped your 6th place points as well as the last round points. It was getting late, I was tired.

Anyhoo, gratz now on being the champeeyon!
  17. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Yeh, nice try steeny haha
  18. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Haha yeh, i thought that might have been what you done.

Thanks man. Feels good too :D
  19. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, conrats for the championship mate. Good consistent driving, well deserved. Have fun with the boys in div 2 next season, been good racing with ya!
  20. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Nice one doug, looks like a move too div 2 is on the way... Congrats.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.