Season 5 - Division 3.

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 7, 2016.

1. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    thank you. lot more grip than gt6 there
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  2. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    WELL just about missed tonight's race got on with about 3mins of quali left didn't have pit strategy locked in and thought I would finish were I started at the back Beacause the week before I didn't change tyres . Green light and I got a Ball tearing start and was into 2nd coming into the 1st turn from 10th on the grid . turned in and had a controlled slide and the left hand wheels caught the ripple strip and shot me straight across the other side of the track with Freddy p coming up on the outside my rear wheel made slight contact with Freddy s front wheel and we both went off the track but we're still able to keep the cars going forward with out losing to much time . Sorry mate.racing incerdent. Thinking I wouldn't be getting tyres on my pit stop I thought I would try and stick with the 2 cars in front a few laps in and I'm not sure who it was in second but they had a spin coming out of turn 4 .so I put my head down and went after vardz to stay behind him .stuck to him like glue trying to save tyres,I don't no if it really works or not ! Then he had a bad run onto the straight at around lap 15 so I went for the pass and started making a gap then a couple of laps later I seen he pitted so I went in 1 or 2 laps later hopeing my laps in front were enough to keep him behind till the end of the race .so I pitted no rattle guns sitting there fo ages thinking I must of got a penalty for something exited the pits with vardz 6 sec behind me and thought my race was over . to my surprise I looked at the tyre graph and I had new tyres ! You little ripper ! So just went about trying to keep vardz behind me as he was slowly catching in the final laps . So I came away with a very unexpected win .:cool:
    Ad2mny likes this.
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Very happy with my first decent recent result in a long time.. Actually first one on Pcars. Qually went well after a messy first lap of a 14 '9 managed a 14'6 which stayed on top of the time chart to give my first ever pole and with the top 6 within .26. Got a good start and got into clean air as i knew it wouldn't be long before blindman would be on my tail after he started in last after only just arriving into the room with seconds to spare and failed to set a lap time. I really didn't think it would be 3 laps though but what resulted was the best 33 laps of racing I have ever been involved in... I remained in front off him but never more than 1 second until lap 18 where a bad exit out of turn 9 saw him get a run down the straight to which there was no defending so to the pit window for us which was lap 20 for me and the following lap for blindman. With an untidy out lap I found myself 2.5 sec behind and then a small error i dropped a further 3 secs behind. But lap after lap i was closing the 5.5 sec gap and managed to get it back to under 1 second within the final couple of laps but blindman was just to good and in the final laps i backed off as to not bin it and take my first PCAR podium. Congratz Crucial on the final step of the podium... Hard lines to old mate @freddyp_33 who was :rolleyes: clearly punted off by @Blindman at turn 1 .... protest his :poop::poop: driving mate o_O;)
  4. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    that was a great race, congratulations @Blindman on the win.

Had an average start after the position in front of me missed a gear at the start but managed to claw my way back relatively quickly over the coming laps. I started wondering when I was going to pass people in the pit lane at around lap 10 and when i went past the empty pit lane on LAP 14 I realised i was in a prime position for an undercut. I pitted on my next pass and managed to take 3rd position and hold onto it for the remainder of the race.

I started chipping away at vardz time over a period of about 6 laps but eventually conceded my Tyre wear would be far too high if i continued the pursuit.

Tyre management was going to be an issue going off how fast i blew through my front left in the first stint so i adjusted my roll bars by a few clicks on the front and managed to keep my Tyre degradation under control.

I was really worried i was going to be a blue flag special in DIV 3 so I'm really stoked to be not only in the points but in a podium position.
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Have to say a HUGE sorry to everyone that was caught up in the incident off the start line. I didn't realize that the car was sitting in second gear, and as the lights went out I had no drive. I went to downshift into first, but instead it selected reverse. But by this time the guys behind unsighted had already started ploughing into the back of my car. Sorry again guys, will pay a LOT more attention to next weeks start.
    With this sending me quite obviously to the back some ten seconds or so behind, I'm quite happy to have come home in 5th. Could have been fourth had the lag on the final lap between myself and @webnomad not been as bad. Sorry for the couple of touches on the last couple of laps bud.
    Ad2mny and webnomad like this.
  6. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    I wouldnt stress it too much mate, failed starts are always going to be a part of racing..
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @t_b_williams start R2 ..........
  8. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    That seems pretty much on point!
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep, that's exactly what I saw on my way past...
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
    :(:(:(:(:(
    :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
    SPL Racing, Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Not sure if this is still a thing but back in WMD days the HUD (esp in-car dashboard) would sometimes say 2nd gear on the start but you'd actually be in Neutral as per normal. Perhaps that caught you out???
    Upshift well before the lights go green and it would go from 2 to 1.
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING R3

[​IMG]
    1. Heavy cloud
    2. Light cloud
    3. Clear
    4. light cloud
    Time Progression : Real

Some slight changes to Qual this round due to the lap time....
    Qual : 20 mins
    (can start slightly earlier if drivers agree and all are in room). Will give an out lap and 1 flying lap. Remember if you make contact with a wall or get a cut penalty, your lap will be deleted and then slotted to rear of grid. If multiple drivers have their lap deleted, it will be a bit of a lottery as to where you will start on the grid.
    NO 5 MIN WARM UP
    PENALTIES :
    ON
    TIRES : SOFT SLICK (default)
    COMPULSORY STOP : YES - Have your pit strat set in the prac lobby BEFORE the race room is reset. Captains to remind all drivers of this before setting up the 'official" race room please. YOU WILL NEED TO TAKE TIRES, MAKE SURE YOU SELECT "SYMMETRICAL" in the pit options
    [​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : There are cut penalties everywhere here guys, and obviously no chance of going through the 79683542 corners. Please use the standard ROOZ rules, 2 wheels must be on the ripple strip or white lines.
    DRIVING STANDARDS : Long lap, and the track is tight and tough to pass on in some spots....be patient and remember its better to give up a spot and continue the fight, than make contact defending, have it all turn pear shaped, and have to fight your way back after avoidable contact. A reminder that side to side contact will more often than not, result in the magnetic effect, so ALL drivers need to give reasonable room to someone making a clean and reasonable pass.
    CONTACT : if you push someone into a penalty or offline for your advantage, you will be expected to redress, and give the position back. Again, use your heads and give room where needed......
    RETURNING TO TRACK : If you do happen to go off track, please use your heads when returning to the track. Stay offline until you are back up to race speed so you don't compromise other drivers.
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Entry is pretty good, make sure you don't have someone on your right when you try top enter the pits...on exit look for cars on your right on re-entry.
    BLUE FLAGS : A reminder that if you are about to be lapped, its is good racing etiquette to move to the side where possible to let the leaders through.
    MICS : Please remember to mute your mic during the race, unless you are in a chat room and its agreed by all you can keep them on.
    PROTESTS : As always, if you feel you have reason to protest, save your replay, and then contact the room captains and the mod team, Myself or AD2MNY.....DO NOT blow up in the chat room, or on the forum.
    RAGE QUITTING : A reminder that if you rage quit the room, you will receive 0 points, not be able to use it as your drop round and it wont count as a round of your 4 needed to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize. If you have to stop, park up in the pits and let the race run down without leaving so it doesn't glitch the other drivers or replay.
    dj2ca likes this.
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    My net is a little dodgy this week, don't think it's up to hosting duties. Need a temp host for this round.

Any volunteers?
  15. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    ok den
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    You know as well as we all do that he means on the left
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Who's Dennis??
    Zachery likes this.
  18. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Keep up the good work TB.lol
    Zachery likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  20. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Oh crap, we still don't have a host? I would but my net just wouldn't be able to handle it.