Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I will def miss Bathurst
    dj2ca likes this.
  2. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Will it be ok if I supply what u ask tomorrow night?
    We are doing Dawn Service tomorrow morning and as such I am not home tonight.
    We do this each year.
  3. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    dj2ca and stucar17 like this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    That was quick :thumbsup:
  5. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Yeah man I will be there :thumbsup:
    dj2ca likes this.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    That'd be good mate.
  7. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    dj2ca likes this.
  8. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Not available this weekend
  9. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Round 1 summary.

Qualified middle of the pack but I knew I had more pace. Had a pretty good start and gained a couple of places after 2 or 3 cars tapped each other at T1, I was lucky to get through. Put my head down and tried to gain as much gap as I could because I knew there were some quicker guys coming up my rear. Had some great battles with Slap-n-tickle and mwkw1520 swapping places when one of us would make a small error fighting for P3. My tyres were chewed up so I jumped in for fresh hard boots & fuel at lap 10 and it was the best call, it gave me some free air to chase down the leaders, sure enough it paid off. Caught up to dj2ca and suddenly it became an epic battle for P2 so I sat on his bumper for 5 or 6 laps, he was driving a very defensive line but I didn’t quite have enough pace to get past him, eventually I made a small error and fell back to secure P3. Great drive dj.

In the video around the 4:05 mark, you can see me “tap” Slap-n-tickle even though I was almost a car length behind (I had some bad lag-sorry) so I redressed to ensure no penalty was going to ruin my race.

Absolutely enjoyed this race, by far the most fun I’ve had for quite a while, it makes a huge difference when you have a full field with respectful drivers.
    Awesome race, great result, (pity about Ad2mny), looking forward to next time.

Highlight Reel as promised, enjoy
    SuiCid3, SPL Racing, Ad2mny and 4 others like this.
  10. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Anthonyb and jasondull1986 like this.
  11. Anthonyb

Yeah table looks great
  12. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Awesome highlight reel man, loved it! What a great race.
  13. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Thanks dude. Hopefully the whole season will be just as awesome
    stucar17 and dj2ca like this.
  14. Anthonyb

Maybe we can organize a those that didn't race race mid week for bathurst just for fun
  15. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I like that idea, at least that way we don't missout on the experience
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    FYI - I will be interstate & unavailable this Friday, Saturday & Sunday
  17. Anthonyb

I'm the same if you can call ACT interstate
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys...
    After long discussion last night with mods, room captains and senior ROOZ members, here is what is going to happen for the remaining 6 rounds ...
    - We will be keeping 3 full divisions with reserve drivers. When we crunched the numbers, we still had only 8 drivers for div 4 which, if you have a few away, isn't great for anyone. We all know how lonely it can get running on your own in a small room and thats not what we are after.
    - We will continue to have RESERVE drivers for each division, and they will be offered a spot on the grid where there is a driver away. @redness-63 has been moved to D2 as a reserve as he was only invited last minute for muss who DNS, and his pace was obviously a little hot for D3.
    - The season will continue as planned with R2 this week. We debated about moving it back a week, however for the number of drivers it helped, it also disadvantaged just as many. Its a no win, so we decided to keep the season as scheduled.
    - For Round 2, @Anthonyb and @Bounty05 have indicated they are away, so we may make these spots available to shayne0 who has indicated he is about Troy and @clynt reynolds pace....With @TheMuss back this round, Shayne should give you a grid of 16...We also have @Ford69xw who is yet to show us his pace so he could also be an option.
    - For the above reasons, PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you can't make it so the reserves can get a spot

RESERVE DRIVER DIVISION
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-7-reserve-driver-division.2715/

What we proposed last night, was that if all drivers are available, we will run a "Reserve Driver" lobby, with the same race regs and rounds as the regular season. The following will apply
    - We know we can draft you (reserve drivers) into the full division race rooms if someone DNS at short notice
    - Drivers who race in this 'RESERVE' room WILL STILL be eligible for the end of season prize pack
    - Race times and fastest laps will be added to the tables.
    - for new drivers it's a good way for us to assess driver speed for seasons moving forward.
    - I will getting this new thread sorted ASAP !

As i am sure you are all aware, there were positives and negatives to changing things up after the first round, however when we looked at the numbers, and the rarity of all being available every round, and the smaller div 3 and 4 grids we all agreed it was better keep things as they are, with the alternative being to provide another room for the spare / new drivers.

I hope you all understand and respect the decision.

Cheers Stu and Ads
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    With Redness being a clear div 2 driver does he still retain his championship points for round 1? Or is his result (and fastest lap) isolated from our division and we all move up a spot? The latter would seem like the fair choice for our division because none of us had a chance of competing with him and therefore essentially had championship points taken from us. With the championship potentially being very close it could be those couple of points that make a difference.
    redness-63, Anthonyb and Bounty05 like this.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    let me talk to @Ad2mny about it first....
    redness-63 and dj2ca like this.