Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 31, 2017.

1. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Oh hell yeah, der. Cheers
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I meant fill to 24 litres, not add 24 litres, fill to is what the game uses in the pit strategy.
    maximuscatticus likes this.
  3. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Well that was an absolute disaster from the first minute. Tried to qualify to at least get a reasonable time but was hindered by a combination of slower cars not moving off the line to let me through and my own silly errors. Then it was time to race starting from 2nd last on the grid. Knowing I would have to find a way through the pack I tried to stay cautious on the first lap but it all just went wrong. Spins, taps, knocks and lack of awareness just made things extremely difficulty for me to even put a decent lap together. Then bang, on the 5th lap I lost all gears, stuck in 2nd. Tried to play around with the wheel but wouldn't come good - had to leave the room. There goes any chance of finishing this season on the podium. Pretty disappointing.
  4. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Qualification:
    [​IMG]

Race Results:
    [​IMG]

Fastest Lap:
    [​IMG]

P15: Bluebounty05 (retired due to wheel issues)
  5. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I wondered what happened, that really sucks mate :(
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Still in with a chance mate.
    There's only 7 points difference between 5 drivers after the current round (drop rounds included).
    It's down to the last race. :thumbsup:
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Still on mate.. i parked up... issues with the dogs...
  8. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Unlucky buddy you had good pace the other night.
  9. Anthonyb

Congratulations @dj2ca on the championship consistency has been the key this season. Great race this week. Will miss Racing you next season when you go to div2 or maybe div1. Well done mr consistent
    dj2ca likes this.
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Thanks mate :)

Consistency has definitely been key. I'll miss racing with all of you, it's gonna be a big challenge in Div 2 next season!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  11. Anthonyb

Race report
    Qualified 2nd with a time I wasn't really happy with but I'll take second any day. @dj2ca got a great start and I pulled in behind him after turn 1 the gap was about 1 to 2 seconds for the first few laps then he started to slow pull a gap on me out to about 6 sec with @ranok3n about 2 to 3 sec behind. About lap 10 the car stepped out on me over the hill after the first chicane spitting me to the left and intoa 10 sec penalty this let ranok3n get past and I folled his smoke screen for 3 or 4 laps which was tough. I pitted from first (dj pitted on lap 16 I think giving me the lead) at the end of lap 18 to come out 13 sec behind dj and 1 sec infront of ranok3n and got my head down setting my fastest lap on lap 20 with a 1.32.031 and was up by .3 the next lap to out break my self at the end of the lap I was taking time out of dj and make a good gap to ranok3n only to lock the brakes into the last chicane and it spat me sideways and I copped another 5 sec penalty but somehow stayed in front of ranok3n to then settle back into a rhythm and drive on for the second step of the podium.
    Well done to everyone that raced tonight everyone seemed to take notice of faster cars coming up on them so thank you. Sorry @metalsteel for the tap .
    Congratulations mr consistent on the win and the championship well done.
    Congratulations @ranok3n on 3rd good pace tonight.
    Thanks everyone see you on the track
    Ant
    SuiCid3, SPL Racing and dj2ca like this.
  12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Was I lagging again??

PS4 has been playing up lately.. I wonder if that's having any effect on this?
    After turning off the console, it started doing the auto disc eject thing.. 2nd time it's happened now.
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Well done @Anthonyb and @SuiCid3 on rounding out the podium with me! Shout out to @disturboed on getting a top 5 in only his second league race on Project Cars! Thanks to all drivers for observing the blue flags well this week. I'll do a race report tomorrow.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I had another dream run in qualifying last night, setting two PB's which were 0.4 faster than anything I'd done previously. I still wasn't comfortable though because I knew Anth had gone even faster. Luckily for me (and unluckily for him) though he encountered traffic during the session and I snagged pole.

I got away from the line well and hoped that I wouldn't cop a shunt into turn 1, luckily we had no major nonsense again this week. Anth kept the gap well for the first few laps but I noticed it grow a little so I assumed he'd gotten some cut-track penalties. I saw ranok3n jump into P2 after a while, I had a feeling he'd have good pace again this week. My tyres were lasting really well in the first stint so I revised my pit strategy and decided to head in at the end of lap 16 instead of 15, allowing me to push a little harder in the second stint. Ranok3n went in on lap 15 and Anth stayed out longer so he gained the lead when I pitted.

When Anth pitted a couple of laps later he came out about 13 seconds behind me. I decided to push for FL a few laps after pitting, trying to hit the sweet spot between tyre degradation and fuel load, I managed a 32.1xx on lap 21 and decided that was as fast as I could go. At this time Anth was taking bulk time out of me though, in only a couple of laps he'd gotten the gap down to 10 seconds so I knew he was making a big push. Knowing he was a bit faster than me around Zolder it was crucial not to make any errors.

During all this I was lapping some back-markers, everyone did a great job of observing blue flags this week. I had a little incident with Max, I saw him across the track at turn 8 and he tried to spin the car around the right way but span it a bit too far and we had a bit of a coming together. It was a little scary but it didn't affect me too badly so all good Max, no harm no foul.

Meanwhile Anth had received a couple more penalties and the gap grew a little wider in the few remaining laps we had. All in all I had a pretty lonely race but the pressure was always on with Anth not very far behind me the whole time. I'm ecstatic to be able to clinch the championship before heading to Dubai. Thanks to everyone for racing and giving us another huge grid.

Here's some highlights:

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  15. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Mick, Anthonyb and SuiCid3 like this.
  16. Anthonyb

Is that with a dropped round?
    Thats nice and close looking forward to the last race
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Nah no drop round included yet because we never know what could happen next week. But for the hell of it here it is with current drop rounds:

2. Vardz - 73
    3. SuiCid3 - 70
    4. Anth & Bounty - 68
    5. Mick - 66
    6. Ad2mny - 52
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Thanks DJ, was pleasantly surprised with the result.

Quali P5 as well which I was shocked about given my first time driving this track (only practice came from the room before the race). Learning how to tame the crests was important.

Lost a couple of spots toward the end of the last lap at the sharp hairpin, but regained them later on. Pitted end of lap 14 to try and close the gap on 4th or extend the gap to 6th. It did work, and with the gap at about 8 seconds to 4th ahead (from 12 before the stop) I was slowly closing in. Got it down to just under 4 seconds when I started to lose a bit of focus and put in 3 or so really scruffy laps, outbreaking myself a few times and getting a real crappy shortcut penalty despite almost stopping the car to get around the chicane. This blew out the gap to 13 seconds, but also let Ad2mny close up on me and he got to within a few seconds by the end of the race.

Very happy to finish where I started, a top 10 was my goal, P5 was awesome. Although, I did start the race with 112L fuel for some unknown reason. I will have to do a bit of fiddling to work out why.

I think i'm gonna have to try and actually put some practice in for the last round, see where we end up.
    Anthonyb, SuiCid3, Ad2mny and 2 others like this.
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Another mid pack finish. Got away ok with the pack and gained a few places early from driver errors. Patting myself on the back for such a good start this time and outbraked myself into Bolderalphabetsoupwhatchacallit (turn 8) and punted @maximuscatticus off track. I slowed on the inside to redress but I though I hit him off a lot further than I had as he zoomed straight by. I had a WTF moment then took off but the next placed driver (@Ford69xw or @Mick I think) was already alongside so I tried to stay tight. I ended up cutting the chicane, bouncing my rear over the ripples and spinning. DAMMIT!!

I'd lost a fair few places by the time I found clear track to rejoin, and found myself now chasing @anne for most of my first stint, which later became a Watson sandwich as @arnold watson gained a penalty at the first chicane. For me now that chicane will be named Watson chicane, as a few laps later annewa also succumbed to the ripples and gained a penalty allowing me past.

So now as I'm coming up on my pit stop I see @disturboed off in the distance just over 10secs and clear track behind. Turbo pitted a few laps before me and I put my head down while I had a clear track to try pick up some time. After I pitted and rejoined I had indeed made up a second or so but I'm guessing an error from himself lost him about 4 secs and the gap closed to just over 5 secs.

All of a sudden I noticed that @Telum came from nowhere and was slowly closing, taking tenths out of me for every little error as I also slowly closed on turbo. Familia got the gap down to 3 secs before thankfully he pitted for some reason which left me to only worry about turbo.

My pit strategy seemed to be paying off, with seemingly better tyres towards the end after a long first stint allowing me to close on turbo, until with two laps to go we came up on some backmarkers. Turbo seemed to make it through fairly cleanly at turn 2, but when I came up on them at the second chicane I got baulked on the exit. I lost 3 secs to turbo and was left wondering what might have been if I'd gotten by, trundling home in 6th.

Well done podium.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Hooray for highlights! Nice vid, heaps of action.
    Anthonyb likes this.