Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Well done podium guys, not an easy track to master so well deserved.
    I seriously lacked pace so tried to stay out of trouble and kept out of the way as best I could. Great fun though.
    Thanks to all for joining in as it makes it more interesting with more drivers. Cheers
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Wowza!
    Well done to top 3 and everyone in the points as well cuz that turned out quite tuff. A 2 stop strategy turned into a 4 stop with my engineer being the most annoying (c u next Tuesday)! Continually wanting to change my strategy.
    I got mixed up in turn 1 lap 1 so apologies if needed but I couldn't make sense of what happened. Some laps later I gave @warrior2167 an exam up the rear he wasn't expecting into the hairpin so that's my bad there and sorry about that.
    For some reason I had the worst tyre wear and just kept burning there thru sets, nothing's changed wheel wise since last race so would anyone know why? I.m talking 5 laps on softs got up to 50% wear and caused a puncture late in the race.

I have steering deadzone at 0. Steering linearity at 36. Steering saturation at 10. The rest is 0. T300rs.
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Very happy to finally get my 1st ever league race win.
    I decided after Tuesday night that the supersofts performance fall off a cliff way too fast on this track.

My setup was a bit more conservative, more rear downforce and less rear camber to allow good exits without sliding too much. When I was only 6 seconds down on the leader after the 1st round of pit stops I knew I had a chance, then fresher tyres allowed me to make some passes to take the lead outright.
  4. its-benny-racer

Germany Qually, race still processing.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  5. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Nice lap Benny, very smooth
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Happy but unhappy after that race.
    Went the alternate strategy and started down the field on the softs. Made it through turn 1 and turn 2 safely (apart from very minor front wing damage). Drove a consistent race with 2 quick pit stops, and then on lap 28 during a battle with Seth we touched on the straight after the hairpin and we both took a ride into the wall. Front wing gone for me but Seth was out cold.
    I felt I was on for a podium finish with okay tyres and consistent lap times, but we'll never know.
    Was pleased with the decent pace I had and the fact that I could run almost an entire race knowing I could be on for a good result.
    7th is still okay, a few valuable points for myself and for the Renault Team.
    See you guys at Spa next week!
    Spidey_11 and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Thanks mate :D. Kinda nice to hear something positive about your driving after an average race. I mean some of the incidents involving lapped traffic this season has been ridiculous so i kinda wanted to show that it can be done properly. I believe i also recorded the race but not sure if it's worth putting up i'll see. Just realised as well i got fastest lap by over a second so another positive i guess.

Also @Bevo_17 what i would recommended is running in the practice race on tuesday and seeing if your connection causes issues. I can understand both sides to the argument really i do. But i've had issues with your connection before and no one wants to see someones race ruined by lag. I know it's not my decision but i'd love to see more people on the grid, Maybe even a full 22 car grid at some point. So if you can prove your connection is fixed up then it wouldn't be a problem having you run the series.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Pole Lap:

Will do a race edit tomorrow because i have a heck of great footage from that one!
  9. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Qualifying: P3 - My first banker laps was decent and enough to remain on top for most of the session. On my second hot lap I was up 5 tenths before coming across traffic in sector 3, one car got out of the way fine but the other held me up slightly at the stadium (turn 13) before moving aside, still up a few tenths i really tried to attack the last two corners and ran wide on the exit to the last spoiling the lap. Another pole gone begging I thought...

Race: P6 - I got a good start and kept behind beau for the first couple of corners while @Motorsports560 stormed up behind us from nowhere and got a good run on me down to the hairpin! Overall, I drove horribly for the first half of the race, just couldnt seem to cope with the high fuel load, or get it turned into the apex at the hairpin to save myself. I was still sticking with the lead group but could have done better. I seemed to be on the same strategy as Beau early on (a 3 stop) and my mechanics managed to help me jump him at the 2nd stop (GG Red Bull mechanics, faster than HAAS), but then he passed me under DRS a lap later anyway. When others in the lead group seemed to start to bail onto mediums I decided the only way I was gonna win was to let my original strategy ride, but it was going to be very tight at the death on dying super softs.

On lap 23 my race was spoiled by a backmarker, who will go unnamed at the moment, who under blue flags cut me off coming out of the hairpin - I had a good run under DRS behind them down the parabolika straight but not enough to pass, so I stayed left and switched back in behind them on exit and for some reason they decided to pull right across into me instead of driving straight and put me into the wall. Limped back to the pits with a broken front wing, threw on a set of mediums and set about salvaging what points I could.

My strategy was always going to be very tight, but I felt I had the pace for a podium tonight.
  10. its-benny-racer

11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Congrats @its-benny-racer. Well overdue.
    My race was all but over at turn one. Sandwiched in and then stuck on fence. Crawled around to pits stone cold last. Pitted for mediums. Battled with a few guys at the back for a while. Went wide and dropped a wheel coming onto back straight and round i went. Pit again for another wing. Onto the softs with good pace but straight into leading bunch. At similar pace. But just kept getting shown blue flags and was forever pulling over.
    Brother came round by half way so i just through in the towell.
    Disappointed to have first dnf.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Wow, just wow. I thought after last weeks disaster driving standards would have improved but nope, not even close.

Seeing Benny take the win in a marvellous display, it makes me feel once again that I've been robbed of a potential win. After a mega lap on softs I was in an excellent position after a steady first lap, only to have Warrior hit the back of Spectre, half spinning and leaving me with nowhere to go on lap 2.

Recovering with a good result still on the cards, Hat loses it in the stadium and cannons me into the wall. I should have braked but I didn't know he would jerk left again. To make things even worse my crew didn't change my front wing, costing me another 30 seconds.

I pushed hard on the medium stint, praying for a safety car. It didn't materialise and on my first lap out of the pits on softs I caught Hat again only for him to hit the brakes for some reason at the penultimate corner and damage my front wing (AGAIN!). Annoyed to the max I gave myself a penalty by running wide at turn 1. At this stage I pretty much stopped giving a crap and tried to stay 3 seconds ahead of my teammate who was robbed of a podium but I couldn't maintain the pace. Hideous race after so much promise.

Well done Benny on the win, and well done to the podium on a hard fought race.

I'll have a further debrief of the events surrounding this race later next week, lets just say I'm far from impressed at all with the driving standards shown in the last 3 weeks.
    The_Spectre and seth123 like this.
  13. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Video has no sound mate something to do with a copyright audio track. Not sure if you were aware but i thought i'd let you know just in case.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah the pricks muted it, yet Beau's allowed to use "mainstream" songs no worries. Very much done.
  15. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Honestly i don't know why.... when i did my full on HTO edits back in the day i would get audio deleted for nearly anything, even songs that weren't copywritten. But when i gave up trying to make YT a profitable career and i have been using any song i want they seriously do not care about what i put in my videos.... as long as your Monetization is off, i think you'll be sweet.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @N64TheStig007 the final corner thing would've been due to the absurd tyre wear and trying not to run off at the exit and loop into you
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It is off.
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID

After my second run in Qualifying where i made a decent error but still came a close second, i knew i could challenge for Pole and to be able to pull that lap together with no mistakes was such a relief. I don't rate my Qualifying Pace very high so i'll take them when they come!
    The opening stint of the race was pretty fun. Seth got into the lead on Lap 3 and i slightly tagged the rear of his car, the game showed no damage but i was certain i was affected by the hit as i had no grip in the right handers, meaning i quickly lost touch with Seth. Great fighting with the two Bulls in the middle stints, life made a little too easy sadly with Spectre being involved in a crash.
    After my Supersoft stint i put on the Mediums and chased down Razor by about 6 seconds when... once again life was made easy as Seth and Razor went on a picnic trip to Armco City. :( The rest of the race was spend on quickly wearing mediums as ToranaFan slowly, and slowly narrowed the gap down. A mistake from me at T1 on the final lap left him with a wide open door and he pulled off the move into T2, which i made easy for him so i could have DRS into the Hairpin which fortunatley paid off as i could brake a bit later into the hairpin and go clean around the outside to take Second by less than a Tenth.... ouch!
    Well done Benny on the win, you killed it from start to finish!
    Catch ya'll on the run up to Eau Rouge!
    The_Spectre likes this.
  19. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    "PLz youtube dont hurt me I doez not own dis"
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Heres me and my awful handling W07! I am sure I wont make the set up mistake ever again :oops:

Rear wing thumb nail squaaaaaadddd
    The_Spectre and Sam D Blacklock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.