Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Did my phycological effort nearly work?
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Oh so very nearly :p I do love the RBR to bits. Buuuuuuuut in the intererst of Hatfield not exploding into 100 pieces, HAAS for me ahaha
    seth123 and Zachery like this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    @stucar17 Are you in for tonight? If so the Williams is all yours.
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    This is Hatifled if someone changes cars,
    The_Spectre, Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Man way too much sheep's stations in this, No point flaunting false strategies if everyones clearly doing the same thing, I went on with it for a laugh, But to prevent the tool factor it just looks silly.

Anyhow another DNF really takes its toll IRacing looks pretty good to me
  6. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    It's always good when you come over the top after eu rouge flat out and the car ahead has lagged stopped right in the middle of the road... @Motorsports560 your lag was terrible during those last 5 or so laps
    Sam D Blacklock and Beau_Albert like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Broken wing at T1 when I tapped the back of @COME_AND_GET_ME7
    Broken wing again after pitting...
    Under SC, @Viperzed must have been typing as his car ghosted and said AI and it passed me under SC... then he comes back from typing and I have now lost a position (BS)
    what is the penalty for passing under SC?
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    If not redressed within 15 seconds, a Drive Through which is around 18 seconds at Spa
  9. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
  10. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Frustrating few laps for me. Quali seemed to go alright, wasn't worried about position, just wanted to crack into a 49, which i unfortunately missed out on by 0.01 of a second. Race started cleanly enough, had a bad start into t1, and tried to hang it around the outside and leave enough space to the inside, @razor4797 nudged me a little wide and soon enough it was a Force India sandwich with a Renault on one side, and @Hatfield in the Manor on the other. I backed out an we all got away cleanly. Eau Rouge was clean, but by the time i came to Les Combes it was chaos. Hat went off in front of me, and by the time he came back on track I was faced with a Manor parked perpendicular to me, and unfortunately we came together. I felt like it was more my fault, so I waited for Hat, and that's when the SC came out. Having lost my front wing in the accident, i had to pit for a new one. Came out of the pits and Razor's lag was just crazy, over the course of the next 5 laps, i lost 3 front wings because of the lag. Every time Razor would lag it would send him to the back, causing Viper and Hat in front of me, and me as well to jump on the brakes to avoid a penalty, but ultimately it cost my front wing on more than one occasion. Called it quits shortly after we restarted, had worn out all my tyres during the SC from having to brake hard and lock up due to Razor's lag, and had also used up all my front wings again because of the lag. Not much fun tonight with the lag around....
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Played it ultra cautious on the opening lap down the Kemmel which worked great,throwing me up from 6th to 3rd before the lap was halfway done! However the SC came out and slowed it all down, and at the same time ruined a strategy which i felt was race winning if it ran green :(
    After the SC restart Spectre attacked Jono ultra hard and made an error through Blanchimont which gave me a freebie and the ability to hunt down Jono. With ultra low downforce i was able to get by nearly everyone down the Kemmel but was shocking in dirty air and in S2 in general so it wasn't easy to make a move stick for the whole lap. When everyone pitted for Mediums to Pit, i went onto Softs for a two stop since i hadn't touched the Mediums in practise. I undercut Jono but was never really able to pull away like i needed, only getting the gap out to 2 odd seconds.
    Pitted for SS at the end and was chasing down Motors and Spectre. Spectre got tangledup with Motors lagging around on Eau Rouge, making life a bit easier, however with 2 laps to go i was not willing to attack Motors as i couldn't see where his car was half the time, figuring out that 15 points is better than going for 18 and ending with Zero. Well, that was the plan but seeing he had a time penalty didn't exactly make me feel any better :/ Well done Jono on the win, love the helmet in that Renault by the way, and Motors for nonetheless playing his cards right for a Podium.
    Next up is one of the worser circuits on the calander personally, but hey, at least Singapore is only 3 weeks away now!
    -Bobo
    JonoStan96 and The_Spectre like this.
  13. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Pretty happy with my first race finish. :) I was just outside the points, when @The_Spectre's unfortunate incident and @Hatfield's off at the very end netted me 9th.

Also, noob question: Why did I have to start the race on SS when I had qualified only on S?
    JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  14. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I'm so sorry mate, I kept having this issue where yourself and @Beau_Albert would stop completely on the track then you guys turned into top fuel dragsters along the main straights and would barge past and then becoming mobile chicanes which i'd have to pass again. I was about a second ahead at the time with myself looking backwards trying to get out of your way but i saw the contact and pretty much knew straight away what had happened. I probably should have finished at least 4th tonight you had way more pace than i did plus @Beau_Albert was easily going to pass me had he not backed off.

One thing to mention under the safety car not sure it was lag related or not but @its-benny-racer kept brake checking me quite aggressively which then caused me to do the same which then caused @warrior2167 to run straight into the back of me and lose his front wing.

Overall it was a good race, I had my confidence knocked around a bit after the past few weeks so i was just relieved to put some points on the point but i kinda wish i had a clean fight for the podium.

Also Sauber double points scoring @Bryan_F :D:D:D
  15. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Qualifying: P5 - I made a couple small mistakes on my single fast lap on the softs which cost a few tenths but expected to start around the 2nd/3rd row anyway.

Race: DNF: I had a good getaway and just tried to get around turn 1 unscathed and with a good exit. I had an awesome run down Kemmel on the first lap and jumped a couple places around the outside in Les Combes, then with Seth and Warrior going off at the Les Combes exit I was running 2nd when the first SC hit. At the restart I attacked Jono and had much better pace, but made a small mistake that allowed Beau passed. I just kept it together with those two for a while and when the 2nd VSC hit, it was within my planned pit window so I dived for the pits, when the others stayed out, to try for the undercut. Unfortunately I came out in traffic and got tagged by Toranafan, when he was all over the shop at Stavelot, fortunately no damage but it cost me a few precious seconds. Unfortunately my call on the pit stop didn’t work out…

As those ahead of me pitted, I found myself behind Motors in a battle for third. He was lagging all over the place and I made a pass on him into La Source at one point, only to lose it by the end of the Kemmel straight as he had a better exit out of that corner. Every time I'd get close, there'd be lag which would then induce a small error by me as his car jumped in front or behind me and put me off and I'd have to catch back up again. On Lap 20 I had a good run on him out of Stavelot and through Blanchimont, but his lag mean't I had no idea where his car actually was… we made slight contact at the Bus Stop Chicane as a result and I then had to catch back up again through La Source and Eu Rouge. Then at the top of Eu Rouge his lagged stopped him dead in the middle of the track and I had nowhere to go but into him, which put me into the wall with terminal damage.

Overall a disappointing end to a race I really wanted to win
  16. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    @N64TheStig007 I have no footage of the Qualifying lap, or Race. I don't deserve the points anyhow since I more than likely took out Seth.

I don't think my Quali lap is valid because unless the track gains grip during the session, that doesn't explain the 46.6 on softs, it possibly glitched and gave me the grip of super softs.

Now the race, Started ok and had the lead heading towards eau rouge, seeing @seth123 gaining on the kemmel straight, I move it over to the inside. Seth is a little braver under brakes but doesn't quite make the corner. I move back ahead and the next corner I have the inside. Now here's what I think, I drove too aggressively and didn't give Seth at least a lane on the exit of the corner, we interlock wheels and Seth crashes into the barrier. I sincerely apologise if that was the case.

From then on it was a bit scruffy. Under safety car I was trying to watch out for @Motorsports560 car which was jumping a touch, but it was mostly my carelessness that cost me my front wing and I had to pit when the safety car had ended. Another spin later on cost me 15 seconds. Later on I had a good little battle with @Viperzed and then I was able to get @COME_AND_GET_ME7 towards the end to finish 4th.

Overall I'm disappointed with the result, since I had great race pace. I was doing consistent 49's in clean air. I do have a good sequence going 7th. 6th, 5th and 4th, so podium is looking good next race. Christmas break has come at a good time since I probably needed a little break.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Here's another view for you
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Didn't qualify very well but started the race ok, made it through the first few turns staying out of trouble then settled in, aiming for a 1 stopper. Pitted, grabbed the softs then felt pretty good so stared to really push but my rear end got a little loose at the top of the hill then suddenly a wall jumped out and hit me. Retired and watched the front runners for the rest of the race, some pretty good battles and got it all recorded if anybody wants it.
    Big congrats to @N64TheStig007 for the win, you looked really comfortable in that car tonight and a very well deserved win.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Qualifying: Went with the (what i thought was) obvious strategy and somehow pulled out a 4th. Crazy lap by @warrior2167 to nab pole. Unreal mate

Race: Got a shoddy start expecting a total Grosjean moment at turn 1, turns out it happened at T7. Kemmel straight was absolutely nuts 3 wide ahead and I just witnessed the carnage as @N64TheStig007 went out onto the grass and @seth123 went wide before warrior ran him to the grass and ultimately ruined both of their races. Safety car calmed the nerves a little bit for about 10 seconds before @The_Spectre for no apparent reason stops in the middle of the track and left me with no where to go and in the barriers. I'll assume the delta times screwed him over there but I wasn't happy. Took an accidental extra stop on super softs and quickly got onto Softs to fix that. Tried picking my way through the field but came across Someone in a McLaren and got put in the wall again. From there had a fantastic scrap with Warrior and stayed a solid 6th for my first proper race back. Congratulations to the podium on a great race!
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    warrior2167 and seth123 like this.
  20. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.