Season II - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Manors will be out too, at least it's realistic now :)
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Germany is a country close to my heart, so I'm glad I only need a minor palette change for this race!
    Also @KeedenMcdonald will be joining me in a Red Bull in car #66.
    [​IMG]
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I like how your engineer knew something was bound to happen and so offered an alternate strategy as you were in mid-incident
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well that's that then.
    seth123 likes this.
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

apologies to whoever i turned in on at t5 l1, my intention was to give room but i just turned in too much
    hope i didnt ruin your race
  6. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Cuts across the pit entry grass to change his strat, rejoins now a lap down....SC comes out a lap later FOR :):):):)S SAKE WHAT THE :):):):) JUST GIMME SOME BLOODY LUCK, last time I decide to pit 10 laps early :(

So ended my race as I had to eventually give in to the blue flags....2 SC's later I was left ruing what could have been better than battling an Ai car over 8th a lap down on the 7 car battle
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Happy with another pole, Not so happy regarding the race.
    Start was good and lead the first few laps until Jono got by in which began a recurring cycle for the race Damaged front wings. I can just picture Toto Wolff banging his fist on the desk every time i damaged the front wing 4 in total.

First stint was ok till lap 9 slightly out braked myself and ran straight into Jono. Orange front wing and pitted the end of the lap. Despite a 9 second stop to fix the front wing i came out just behind Razor and ahead of Jono.

And then came the occurrence of safety cars. The first one i reacted to immediately as i knew it was perfect for the strategy. However Jono didn't pit and i knew straight away he stuffed up mainly because everyone else pitted and with fresh rubber we all jumped Jono to the point where he retired.

Some time during this i'd lost my front wing again and was struggling to keep up with Razor until another safety car which wasn't so good for the strategy i was running. I risked running the mediums to the end which had i not chipped my front wing off again i could have won the race but the wing made the car so bad it was so difficult to drive and unfortunately that caused an incident between Beau and i. The final safety car was good because it mean't everyone would be on a level playing field, It was bad though because i had to repair another front wing. That dropped me from 2nd to 6th and really stuffed my chances of victory. However i was still optimistic of a podium until i did a Vettel 2.0 and ran straight into Bryan when everyone checked up off the restart. Ended up passing Bryan and Knuckles very aggressively but couldn't catch the top 3 and had to settle for a frustrating 4th with a wounded car.

I believe this image below perfectly describes my race[​IMG]
    warrior2167, razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Good start, had good pace on the slower tire. Getting wiped out by a car having an excursion ruined my race. Stuck it out. Safety car got me back in it. Stopping early and putting tyres on to the end would of got me right up the pointy end with others having to stop. Last safety car ruined that. Good result but another what if round.
    warrior2167, JonoStan96 and razor4797 like this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What a horrible end to a race I felt I had in the bag until the safety car.

My quali lap was one of the best I've ever produced and it had me in the box seat, just so long as I could keep up with the SS runners, but even better, I caught and passed Motors and slowling began to edge away. I knew I could easily make it on a 2 stopper, with the aim to make the mediums last to lap 46. I came out just behind the hard battling trio of Keeden, Motors and Razor, who were already on worn softs. Once I passed all 3 of them I was sure I had track position and a pit stop advantage, and I would have the freshest tyres at the end to defend my lead. I was pulling away very comfortably until the safety car ruined things, especially for poor old Rhino.

I felt to win I had to stuck to my guns and hold onto my still somewhat fresh mediums, as I would have had no more fresh softs if I pitted then. The plan was to take advantage of the long SC period to allow me to pit for Supers at the end if needbe. A very risky strategy which ultimately did not work, as the front runners pitted for softs which surprised me.

I was gobbled up by Motors and Razor before contact was made on the straight with Seth which put me out of the race. In hindsight I don't want to say I had the race in the bag (like above) due to the late flurry of safety cars at the end, but to come away with another DNF at a track where the car felt perfect and I was in complete control, it definitely stings alot. Big shoutout to my new teammate @KeedenMcdonald who looked very good until a clumsy move on Motors late in the race. Big ups to @razor4797 on a fine win.
    warrior2167 and razor4797 like this.
  10. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    You have no idea how much I was praying you would peel into the pits when that SC was called, I was a split second from passing you on the restart but to ge honest I was terrieried of taking out the leader trying to unlap myself. I guess the 5 sec stop go for ignoring blue flags sorta compounded my issues :laugh:
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield

Unfortunately I didn't get anything before lap 27

Funnily enough, this is when the first safety car hit. I was in 7th at the time
    The only major incident in the first 26 laps was when I tried to overtake @Bryan_F on the outside of the hairpin and we collided and spun on exit.

We restarted on lap 31

Lap 33 @RHINO11 drops a wheel and spins into the wall which bounces him back onto the track and right into knuckles.

Lap 40 we get another safety car and I change strategy to run mediums until the end (or so I thought)

Lap 45 we resume and I am in 4th

Lap 48, @Motors560 & @KeedenMcdonald have contact and keeden spins in front of me luckily ghosting to avoid further contact. Bryan is almost able to capitalise but yellow flags prevent the pass.

Lap 54 and another safety car sees most of us pit for Super Softs for a final 10ish lap sprint (you notice motors in front of me exiting the pits and then his car just disappears...)

Lap 58 we resume again with myself in 2nd

Lap 59 and @seth123 makes a late move allowing him to get by on the straight into the hairpin

I come home in 3rd for my first Season 2 PODIUM!!!!
  12. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    That was me and that's all good, i made a great recovery but then had contact with motors what was 100% my fault, sorry for that motors, I sadly on final safety car When it went in everyone slowed right down n ran in the back of motors and broke my front wing :/
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Had to throw the kitchen sink somewhere, you held your composure well though great job.
    Hatfield likes this.
  14. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I was planning on posting this earlier, but have been full on the last few days :laugh:

Well what a race that was!

Was pleased to line up 3rd on the grid but never expected to win with the pace that @JonoStan96, @Motors560 and @KeedenMcdonald showed.
    I think if Jono's incident didn't occur, he may have had the top step of the podium, but we'll never know.

Was running around in position 2-4 for a while of the race and dropped back after the first safety car, but on my strategy I knew I could make my way back up.
    Some consistent laps and nice overtakes saw me take the lead as I gambled big on my strategy at the lap 42(?) safety car where everyone else pitted and I stayed out.
    My plan was to make a gap to the field and then jump onto the SS tyres to overtake the front runners.
    I believe that strategy may have worked, but I was granted a bit of luck with the safety car again making its way onto the track on my in-lap!

From here I just had to hold position, which @seth123 made very difficult. I've never had so much pressure put on me in the dying laps of any race.
    Seth got alongside me a few times and successfully dove down the inside of the hairpin with only 3 laps to go. I was having none of it and passed him on the following lap in the first DRS zone.
    I defended another charge from Seth down the long straight and retained the lead, and avoided a sure incident when he desperately dove down the inside of the hairpin from a mile back on the penultimate lap.

Came home on the final lap comfortably to take the chequered flag and my second win of the season!

Cheers guys :D
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Back in the points! Loving theses enduros where survival gets you points. Bloody safety cars though. You'll notice early on my video I've adjusted the HUD so everything is more centralised in the screen. Makes it easier for me to see all the information with my seating position the way it is. Of course though, when the safety car comes out, I discovered the safety car symbol is no smack bang on the middle of the track, making it hard to not crash into people... So had to do a HUD display adjustment mid race. I hope they improve being able to set where you want things next game...

Then the lap 53ish safety car, im in front of the Benny car. The computer decides it can drive straight past me but as soon as I take the position back it warns me about illegal overtaking and to hand it back. So I'm stuck behind that moving quite slowly at times, with Rhino seemingly charging back from a pit stop behind me, he catches me as I'm pulling into pit lanes lowly as I couldn't overtake the AI and seemingly rhino tried overtaking me in pit lane. Hahaha. Then, as we exit pit lane and catch the field, rather than hold position, he just seemed to drive down the outside of everyone and dissappear of the track by a long way at the end of the straight. Not sure what was going on with him at that stage, confused the hell out of me.

Don't think I had many issues at all either than that though. Race video is shortened due to Share Factory have time limits, but I think I kept any excitement in there.

Qualifying

Race
    razor4797 and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I was becoming extremely frustrated with all the SC's knowing that if I hadn't been comepletely screwed over by the first one I might've had a chance at something decent. Thus being a lap down on the next car in front and bored out of my mind I came charging into the pits, broke my wing on your car (woops) went onto already 15 lap old tires. Wanted to see if it was possible to crash into the SC....making sure not to hit anyone in the process I charged towards it and ghosted straight through it and so I chucked it in the wall. @JonoStan96 should have the footage of that :laugh: I wanted to crash in spectacular fashion but alas the SC screwed me again ;)
  17. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    You better watch out, Rhino, the FIA takes a dim view of drivers deliberately hitting other cars...;)
    (cough...Vettel...cough)
    RHINO11 likes this.
  18. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Hahaha, that explains it. I hope the SC lodged a protest...
    razor4797 likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    F1 2016 is about $26 on PS store if you have PS Plus
  20. Jurassic Mark

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Already got it mate... ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.