GT-Sport Supercars Next Generation Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Have heard there may be some div 5 guys which would like to come over and do so other racing. I'll take anyone that wants to be in my team and have you all set up for the next gen two room. We can have some training nights etc also and I'll help with any tips I can. Give me a PM if you're interested :)
    emmo46 and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  2. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Morning peeps.
    Just the standard reminder for team owners to confirm entry and a prelimanary driver by tonight if possible please.

(Have had some team owners have issues confirming on the spreadsheet, currently trying to locate the problem, but if you are one and still need to confirm, just PM me or confirm here and I will add you.)

We have also had extra interest in drives for NextGenTwo so that looks like it will get off the ground this week which is awesome. I will tag the interested parties and tag and annoy some of the others that shown an interest here in case they aren't watching this thread anymore.

**ROUND 2 TEAM/DRIVER ENTRY NOW AVAILABLE.**
    [​IMG]
    >>>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<<<
    To confirm your team and driver. Please write in your driver and tick the checkbox beside your team to confirm.

Please confirm your driver by Tuesday at the latest.
    (Obviously last minute changes are allowed, but please ensure you at least confirm your team and have a preliminary driver entered.)
    @Ozglenn , @VARDZ , @Easyprey007 , @Dazza83 , @Max , @Cyber_STIG_77 ,@SPye2_WAU, @Slartybar .
    emmo46, Xtr3meNZer and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    42 laps hey? Surely car #42 has it in the bag then!
    emmo46 and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  4. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Keep dreaming!
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  5. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Hey mate, can you please confirm the track limits for this weeks race with regard to the corners that have concrete inside the ripple strip. I would think according to rooz rules that the ripple strip is the limit but given you gain a decent advantage by cutting on these corners and I think most people are used to being able to cut them in normal GT races, this needs to be spelt out and policed if the ripple strip is the boundary. Thanks
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yes, good point @gtkingx. I take it these are the corners that your are referring to:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    gtkingx and JJ_Penguin like this.
  7. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

theres at least half a second in that
  8. THE_UNDER_STUDY

We will be following standard ROOZ rules per track limits. Accidental or unavoidable track violations won't occur a penalty, but constant overuse will be looked at. As @T F Eccles shown in the above pics, they would be classified as a track cut. Remembering that up until the back of the ripple strip constitutes on track, as long as you feel or hear the ripple strip rumble, then it is all good.
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    At the last Rooz race at bluemoon, That final cut in particular was deemed to be on track. Seeing as the other kerbs are identical to the final corner, rules could be similar. Might need to have some other clarifications unless you're happy to have this as final rule?
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Pit entry / exit a bit hazy for me on this one too
  11. THE_UNDER_STUDY

TRACK LIMIT RULES FOR ROUND 2 - BLUEMOON.
    As their is a bit of confusion re track limits and even the ROOZ interpretation for this track, the following is to be adhered by for this round.

The 3 main corners in question:

All the up to the concrete barrier is now considered in track.
    As some drivers might have been practicing under the ROOZ rules where as Viper pointed out, you were allowed to go right up to the concrete, this will be the rule to follow for this round. With heavy damage, it is a bit of a risk vs reward situation.

Exit of Turn 1:
    The track shows a guide line on the RHS of the exit of turn 1. This is NOT a track limit. You can go right up to the wall if you wish.

Pit Entry/Exit:
    To enter the pits, use the SOLID YELLOW line as the pit entry line. Please be within that line at the start of it when entering the pits. To exit, stay on the LHS of the SOLID YELLOW line until the line breaks.

I hope this solves any confusion.
    gtkingx and JJ_Penguin like this.
  12. THE_UNDER_STUDY

NextGenTwo looks like a go this week.:D:D Current entrants are below (with ticks)
    [​IMG]

A few more would top it off nicely. How bout it @Ozglenn , you putting that Beemer up this week?​
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I can offer a Sunova Beach or Redback Racing livery if anyone is interested
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hatfield is suffering back pain and is a maybe for Thursday in Gen 1 so I may have to fill in there. We will let you know as soon as we know.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  15. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Is that from carrying his massive.......................................................Brain?;);)
    emmo46 and Hatfield like this.
  16. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles

To clarify further, if you compare your statement above to my screen shots, the positioning of the car is now considered legal?
  17. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Yes.
  18. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Good, crystal clear then.

Mind you I tried a few cuts like that last night in that practice session and you're right about the risk vs reward aspect, there were a few pucker moments when I nearly didn't get it right.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  19. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Yeah, I run bumper cam and you need large ones to get close. I also found I was still doing my best lap times sticking to the ripple strips.
  20. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Lol, watching Scotty Mac practice at Bathurst with helmet and thongs (Jandals) on.