GT-Sport Supercars Next Generation Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Great final lap move @Hatfield!
    [​IMG]
    Apex_64, Xtr3meNZer, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Apologies for bailing tonight but frustration definitely got the better of me.
    Had a stonking quali to manage P3 and was battling for P2 by the first corner. Unfortunately for the quintillionth time I was caught up in a lap 1 incident and relegated immediately to the back through no fault of my own *sigh* By this point I just had so many strategy options running through my head but saw a top 5 very possible as I forced life into my softs for as long as possible until what I can only describe as incredibly disappointing driving standards pushed me to breaking point and led me over to closing application. Not a common occurrence so disappointed is an understatement.
  3. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Sorry to hear @Viperzed .
    It's a very delicate circuit to race in close proximity off the line for the 1st few laps until things settle. Something I struggled with also. Goodluck with the next one, hope you get back into the groove!

NG2, it was quite a challenge, being lapped by the top 4-5 I think, finding an appropriate track area to safely pull over to let faster cars past. Often resulting in me going into the sand rather than darting from side to side o the black stuff resulting in further carnage.
    Good race either way! I held of @NAACS on the final lap (think he was lapping me from 5th) sorry bud but I wanted a bit of a push to see if I could keep up, probably should have let you pass so you potentially wouldn't loose 5th. I'll try not to do it again.
    Chers
    seth123 and NAACS like this.
  4. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

It seemed to be a rather eventful night over the two gen rooms last night. This series is designed to produce clean, fun and competitive racing. By the sounds of it, that didn't happen last night.

I personally saw some questionable driving standards last night but as there is no 'live' steward within the series, any issues need to be reported to be looked at. it is important that if you believe an issue warrants a protest, then please report it, as this will be the only way for the driving standards to be kept high. (via PM only.)

Just a reminder to racers as well that abuse towards any driver over party chat WILL NOT be tolerated. I heard a few instances over chat last night that was not on, regardless of the situation.

Cheers.
  5. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I had a shocker of a race. Damage from an out of control car going across the track 500 m from the start line. My mojo just wasnt there last night. Rookie mistake put rm on 2 times not realising my mistake watched ab leave me for dust. After pitting again it was 2 late. Well done to the podium
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Was fun, highlight was veering into the pit straight wall and giving myself damage hahaha, bop was a little odd probably needs a mid week twang bringing things together closing the gap on divisional ballasts ect

Blue flags were ignored every time which is really annoying with damage on

But damn I really like Laguna proper drivers track
    JJ_Penguin and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I’m looking forward to the weight drop for next race ;)
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Put the car on light and easy and stun the field
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  9. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Got an advantage then use it. Jensen Button won a championship that way.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    What a night :)

Personally, I had a pretty good race - kept clean throughout 98% of it. I wasn't feeling the groove on Wednesday night when I was kicking some laps around, and I wasn't feeling very confident going into the race. Doing the qualifying, and almost screwing up each hot lap I had out there - through no fault of anyone else lol. It wasn't until my last hot lap I finally got a good(sh) time and getting into 9th - this being said, 1.3 seconds separated 1st to last - so a close field.

Keeping my nose clean, I managed to get up the field pretty quickly, often sitting in the top 5 throughout the race. Though in saying that, I was gifted quite a few spots by unfortunate racing incidents happening further up. Didn't have too much of a strat planned as all practice races we had were 3-5 laps haha. But got 8 laps on Softs, then the rest of the tank on meds and two 7 lap stints on softs kept me afloat in the top part of the field. Coming into the last few laps was awesome, I had Feccles right behind me, and I was catching Ursine on fresher tyres. I was sweating pretty hard at this time, very nerve wracking with someone sitting right behind ya, but still catching the guy in front. Alas on the last left turn going on to the straight someone missed his braking point and turned me around. Was an accident I could see, and he waited up for me. This giving me rear wing and right rear tyre damage I nursed it through the rest of the race (only 3 laps to go), and managed a P5 - so still went up the field so was quite happy with my performance.

Congrats to Hatfield for the win, last to first is a great feat - also to CaptainRisky who had the race under control from very early on.

Cheers for the night all, looking forward to catching you all on track - and well... going to be a drizzly wet race coming up... eek, good luck to all with that one! (do we have a drop round? ;))
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Actually Maggiore is next I think.
  12. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Lol, well that shows me for not checking, and only going off what others said last night lol - to Maggiore it is!
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was me that misled everyone:oops:
  14. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    That's it! I've had it with you ;)
    emmo46 likes this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    With the next round being 70 laps on a short track, about half the field could be lapped so caution and awareness are going to be crucial or we could have carnage, rage quits and general unhappiness.
  16. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Yep, I will be putting up a post closer to the race addressing these plus other items.
  17. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Round 6 Stewards Report:

Last round unfortunately produced some poor driving standards not usually seen in this championship. So we remind drivers to race hard, but fair. These are long races and strategy plays a big part. You rarely win a race in the first few laps.

Protest 1:
    Cars involved: #00 and #46
    Incident: Unsafe pass.
    Decision: No action.
    Notes: Car #46 was up passed the B pillar, slight contact made and GT physics compounded the contact, unfortunately.

Protest 2:
    Cars Involved
    : NG2 Room Host,#66 and #99
    Incident: Racing under prescribed weight
    Decision: No action.
    Notes: Room host and #66 have been unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that car #99 ran below weight. #99 states he ran at 1352kg and only changed to 1131kg after the race as to do a time comparison against car #075 (Room winner.). The driver running car #99 for that round runs in the top divisions within ROOZ, as such, we can not see him running at such a low weight and not fighting for, if not easily winning the round.

Protest 3:
    Cars Involved
    : #464 and #69
    Incident: Unsafe pass.
    Decision: Points Penalty to Car #69 (see below)
    Notes: Car #69 late braked into turn 1 causing a collision with #464. Whilst the initial hit was negligible, the following action of continuous bumping through the corner to take the position with no redress warrants a penalty.

Protest 4:
    Cars Involved: #56 and #69
    Incident: Unsafe pass/Dangerous driving.
    Decision: Points Penalty to Car #69 (see below)
    Notes: Very much a carbon copy on protest 3 Car #69 late braked into turn 1 almost causing a collision with #56. Car #56 had to take evasive action to avoid a large collision, with the high possibility of ruining both drivers races.

As protest 3 and 4 involved the same car, points penalty has been combined.
    Penalty to #69: -15 championship points and a driver standards warning. Further indiscretions from driver/car #69 within the remainder of the championship could result in disqualification.

Other notes:
    The following 2 teams have had 10 points deducted from there championship points for a repeated failure to appear on the grid.
    #14 APEX Racing TRT
    # 9 APEX Racing TRT

Updated championship points will be released soon.

Regards,
    Stewards.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  18. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Championship Standings after Round 6
    [​IMG]

*#69 Makozi Racing International has received a total of 25 penalty points for incidences in Round 1 and Round 6
    **Teams #14 APEX Racing TRT and #9 APEX Racing TRT received a Did Not Start penalty of 10 points for failure to appear on the grid for a second time.
    ***#69 Makozi Racing International has received an exemption from the Did Not Start penalty for the teams 2 missed rounds as they were there at the start of the round but succumbed to internet issues.

Team Round Results
    [​IMG]

Driver Round Results

[​IMG]
  19. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Round 7 Provisional Weights.
    [​IMG]
    Xtr3meNZer and Hatfield like this.
  20. THE_UNDER_STUDY

****ATTENTION TEAM OWNERS****
    THE KUMBAYA, ROUND 7 DRIVER ENTRY NOW OPEN
    for NextGenOne and NextGenTwo
    [​IMG]
    >>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<<
    TO ENTER YOUR DRIVER/S

PLEASE HAVE YOUR DRIVER ENTERED AND THE CONFIRMATION BOX TICKED BY TUESDAY AT THE LATEST.
    (Last minute changes are allowed just as long as you have a preliminary driver entered)​
    Peersy likes this.