GT6 Support your fellow ROOZ in the GTP Endurance Series!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    RaceOnOZ are currently on pole for the Motegi 12 hours, with 2 more sessions to go, things may change.

We took pole by nearly 3 tenths of a second for the 4 Hours of Tsukuba, but we will be chucked to the back of the grid.
    TDZdave and pykeybraa145 like this.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Live stream??
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    No livestream until the race i believe :(
  4. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    [​IMG]
    Current grid order. My team taking a penalty like usual
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    An unfortunate turn of events sees the #67 thrown from pole to the back of the grid and a 30 second stop and go penalty.

It will be a big fight for Beau, Dave, Konnor and Seth too, fighting their TCN cars.
    TDZdave and LITTLEBLACKO942 like this.
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Myself and @TDZdave start the PrideTEC car in TCN-1 from the front row :D Car ahead is alot quicker, but we can only hope with some goodluck, we can cut our way through traffic :)
    TDZdave likes this.
  7. LITTLEBLACKO942

PSN ID
    Konnor just saying my team takes a penalty everyrace for some weird reason
  8. LITTLEBLACKO942

PSN ID
    We got a penalty for a driver not entering quali
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Same as us then, Mus couldn't make it
    TDZdave likes this.
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
  11. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    As Bobo said, he will be starting from the front row, should be leading at the hand over, then hes going to get in after me and go "LAWD! how are we so far behind???" :D
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Haha, unfortuantley contact with a driver of, shall i say, very little intelligence decided to give our car damage on the parade lap..... made a fight back to 3rd, but not ideal....
    TDZdave likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What an unbelievable race!

We started a lap down due to our qualifying infringement, but as I left it was maximum attack all the way. As the 2 hours passed, I went from nearly 2 laps down to 3rd place and on the lead lap.

Then @Mustafur hopped in and despite some scary moments, his blistering pace got us in the lead. A hugely rewarding experience to win on debut for ROOZ, wow it's incredible. I'll let the other boys give their accounts of the race. Full race link is below.

TDZdave and skywalker like this.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Pretty straight forward for me, just go as fast as possible till the end.

Got collected by a Lower Class car about 10 laps into my first stint and had right front damage which made the car around half a second slower, but not enough to be worth going for the pit, then when i pitted around 45 laps in i went like hell, beat the lap record about 3 times then at the end of the stint right when i was about to pit i got a stop go for track limits, a bit angry at this as im unsure why I got it.

I didn't put any fuel in thinking if i did i would get a penalty and then tried to stretch out as many laps as i could with what fuel i had left, luckily i put a little extra in the last stop and had enough for 7 more laps with basically no fuel i was able to set a 53.2 and the fastest lap I would get for the race.

Once i got out it was just hell for leather, i saw NingDynasty pass me in the pits when i got the penalty then i repassed him when he pitted afterward, only for him to retake it when i went for my final stop a few laps later, little did i know at the time but i had to catch and pass him to win the race, luckily i was a good half a second faster then him and made quick work of the gap then i got a pass on him into T1 and then I pulled a gap and that was the race, i got a hairy moment when the Swift motor sport BRZ hit me and i got minor front damage with a little bit of time to go but i held on to take the win.

Awesome job by Jono to get us on the lead lap in his stint after being nearly 2 laps down at the start of the race and I was able to get us past the line in the end.
    skywalker and seth123 like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Unfortunately, the final update has dropped us to 2nd place... Damn
    TDZdave likes this.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  17. LITTLEBLACKO942

PSN ID
    Provisional Race Results
    [​IMG]
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I don't understand why all the penalties...
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    The guy that runs it, is well, an interesting character who certainly loves his black and white flag...... anything he can give a penalty for you can bet he will. The rules are all stated, all about 150+ of them, but some of the reasons for a penalty are utter rubbish.

As for my teams race, my late race mega-charge looks to have been a success, catapulting us from 6 laps down all the way to 2nd in class :D
    Next race for me will be the 4hrs of Fuji, where i will be attempting to defeat our very own, feels weird competing against Raceonoz, but Jono wasn't aware ROOZ would have an LMP3 team before i had already signed for another team :thumbsdown:
    Also in August is the biggest race of the season for me, on the circuit im at my quickest and at my best, the Nurburgring 24hrs
    Bring it on :cool:
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    You're supposed to have at least 2 drivers take part in a qualifying session, but because Mustafur slept in he missed the session lol. That meant we lost pole and had to start from pit lane on top of being held 90 seconds after the green flag, which was way too harsh. Almost 2 laps down and we haven't even left pit road...

Just before the end of my stint, I got a warning for exceeding track limits, then critically with 30 mins remaining he got a warning, then only 20 seconds later was ordered to come in to serve a penalty for "receiving two warnings".
    As I was commentating I had to try and stay composed as I was pissed off to the max. We were held in pit lane at the start for 60 seconds too long, and that hurt our entire race. I'm amazed too that the warning carried over through a driver change, Mus track extended once through a bad bout of understeer, is that really worth a 30 second stop go penalty?
    TDZdave likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.