GT5 The Caterham 7 Nordschliefe 200kms. 3/31. 3:00pm AEDT. Entries Closed

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Note the changes, race will now be 200kms and in-game race start time will be around 7pm.
  2. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Just letting you guys now that my internet will be getting turned off on the 31st but not sure of the time exactly. So, sorry if I get booted in the middle of something or can't make any replies.
    I'll be back online sometime soon after the 4th.

Cheers.
  3. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Seido I will be in this race. Count me in. I will be in blue
  4. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

sorry mate friday's no good for me. Enjoy. I'll get car back to Livewire.
  5. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Sorry I got the date wrong, it's the 31st!
  6. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    great! thanks. You're now on the list.
  7. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Anybody interested for this race??
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Depends on the time, still 9am EDT?
  9. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    A few posts above (#60) says that the time is 3pm AEDT (Saturday) unless others had a preference.
  10. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

cool, should see you then :)
  11. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Rumbles, good I hope so man.

If we don't get the grid numbers up by a few more the race will be canceled.

Cheers.
  12. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

Still wont make it sorry!
  13. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Would've been keen as to do this race again but the V8's are racing Symmons Plains today. Coverage starts at 3 so I won't be making it.
    Real bummer man but such is life.
  14. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Enjoy the racing then today man. I'll be hosting more enduro's over the next couple months anyway so hope to see you then.
  15. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Cheers mate, don't like to miss the V8's. They're up with the best the world has to offer in my opinion.
    As far as future enduro's go, Audi v's Peugot at Le Mans, might be worth looking into. Only a couple of months to go
    before the real deal. Love that race!!
  16. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Currently the race is underway, and yes I am here... DISCONNECTED!! for the 2nd time running this event.

Got pole, and has just started my 4th lap about 50 secs up of 2nd place and again my Caterham hit mechanical problems.
    Can someone trade me for one of theirs??

Thanks to those who showed up and good luck for the rest of the race into the darkness at The Ring...
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Was a good race, pity you missed it MrTopCat. Flood came back from about 2m (after 2 laps) down to win the race. Bad luck Seido on your disconnect too, you were thrashing us.

Mini race report:

Lap 1: Was running OK considering I was running a transmission not set too well. Had a good initial battle with 11C. Pricy dropped off the pace really quick, then disconnected, bad luck mate :(
    Lap 2: Not the best of laps, had a couple of off-road ventures trying to push too hard, but had another good battle or two with 11C (American GTP member).
    Lap 3: Did an OK lap again, another couple of good battles with 11C but nothing more too eventful to mention.
    Lap 4: Lost it hard a couple of times, dropped me back about 1 minute behind 11C, Seido disconnected, otherwise I would have been 1:50m behind the lead.
    Lap 5: Pitted on this lap when I intended to pit on L6. Bad mistake!
    Lap 6: Took over 11C as he pitted when I meant to, the plus side is I am now in the lead with a 25+ second lead!
    Lap 7: Another few of off-road ventures, lead diminishing fast!
    Lap 8: My lead has been driven out of me (my own fault), now down to 7 seconds. Another off and Flood, who has made up over 2 minutes and passed 11C now passes me. I really need to work on reducing the mistakes when I have pressure on me!
    Lap 9: Flood pulled out to a 28 second lead, 11C about 15s ahead of me. My 1 lap premature pit has cost me big time; my arse doesn't want to hold the road & my tyres are suffering (the spins didn't help earlier). Damn bad 5/6 gearing is sticking it to me to the very end!

The up side is: I finally broke my podium cherry since becoming a member of ROOZ, third felt as good as winning :D I also found out after the fact that although I was running RM tyres, everyone else seems to have been using RS. At least I had some good pace considering the difference in grip levels, nice to finally have some pace :lol:

And even better, my Caterham is finally fully broken in, 206 BHP!

BTW Seido, it never became 'too' dark. It always had just enough 'natural' light right to the end, unlike when we raced the enduro at Le Mans. If the in-game race time started at 7:30 though, we may have seen full darkness :)
  18. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks for that report Rumbles! nice to know what happened and how the race went.
    Congrats to you and Flood, though you guys better watch out in the next Caterham enduro.

I wasn't suprised when I got booted. I had already been booted 3 times before that today.
    I was more disappointed 'cos I felt really comfortable in the 7. I had made no mistakes and the gap to 2nd was increasing all the time until the start of the 3rd race lap, BOOTED. Absolute BOLLOX!!!
    Just wish I could've finished the race at least. This car is great fun to drive and especially on the Ring...

I hope all you guys will come back for another 7 enduro.

I was trying to set up the race finish time to end on sunset, having the sun in the eyes to add some difficulty haha
    how was it?

*Lookout for the next enduro in early April (that's what I'm aiming for anyway)
  19. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Pretty damn close, shadows started to play havoc in the last couple of laps :)
  20. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    nice, nice.... really wish I was there 'till the end...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.