GT5 The Caterham 7 Nordschliefe 200kms. 3/31. 3:00pm AEDT. Entries Closed

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Congrats on your podium Rumbles (and to the rest). It sure is a good feeling!!

Whats going on with all the dc's lately? Makes it hard to concentrate on racing when you're constantly worrying about your connection.
    :):):):) needs to be sorted asap!!
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

First of all, thanks :D

The thing with the D/Cs is odd, I see others experiencing them a lot but I have not (yet, fingers crossed). Seido did mention he had a typhoon hitting when we starting the race, so maybe it was related? But then, it happened last weekend to him, and a number of others so who knows..
  3. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Far out man, from mid morning 'till about 10pm yesterday I had 7-8 D/C's.... CRAP! haha and one right when I was pulling back from a hard time in BF3!
  4. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    This sounds like a great idea. I have been wanting to do a LMP/Le Man style enduro for a while now.
    I'll get working on it!

I'm really looking forward to the Ring 24hr this year.
  5. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Careful of that BF3 mate, I've got to 80+ hours on it and she's a hard :):):):):) to get away from. I suck so bad at it, and yet I go back for more! (Wish I was a sore loser and just quit). :lol:
  6. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Sorry I missed it boys. Will make sure I'm there for the next one
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

seido, i think we may have been using high-range turbo to get to 207BHP? i only realised yesterday, (i joined the caterham and we race at spa and monaco) but with all intake upgrades, exhaust upgrades and standard ecu 207BHP is only achievable with the high range lol. thanks to rumbles for pointing it his HP otherwise i wouldve never realised. in the end, we just put a S/C on it and ECU and got around 245-250 BHP for a race around monaco
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

did u get to 207 rumbles? i just read that before in this thread. im confused now lol
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I almost did Zamp, got to 206 with an oil change (but only after 9 laps of Nurb!) :)

Pre fully broken in I could get 207 with high turbo but the rules were mid range turbo so had to go with 195.
  10. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Guys, the 207 was not suited to the car, it's just the nearest selection in the settings (try playing with it and you'll what I mean)

Mid range turbo is correct. 205bhp when run and in and ready.
    After the first Caterham race at S2, mine started at 205 and dropped to 197bhp after the race.

How did the Caterham feel after more power upgrades?

I'm still really hoping to get at least 10 on the grid for another Caterham endurance....
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

The car felt really good, I had to do some minor tweaking to the suspension due to the additional power in there though.
  12. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

I visitors turn up with kids right at the start of the race. Which was a pain in the arse considering we just got rid of ours.
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

:lol: That's bad luck :(
  14. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I know it's late but just wanted to say thanks to those who raced.

I gotta say it was an unexpected and fairly miraculous win for me. Thanks has to go out to Seido for disconnecting, I probably would have dropped out if it wasn't for that coz you were killing it.

I had no real intention of racing, I just wanted to get some practice running under my belt because I hadn't played for so long any have been doing so poorly in Anon's series. So I built up a car and jumped in, no tune at all.
    I think I got about 2 laps in before the race, so I was still coming to grips with the car/track by the time the race started. 2 spins on the warm up lap isn't a good look, so I didn't have high hopes.

The first 2 or 3 laps were just awful; many many spins. I think I was 2+ minutes down on Seido after the first lap. Then after he disconnected I fell back to something like 2:40 behind livewire in the lead.

Eventually I got into a bit of a rhythm and pretty much got the track figured out. Once I cut out the spins, I was surprised to see I was taking chunks of time out of the leader 2, 3, sometimes even 5 seconds per sector. This is what spurred me on, and I put in a couple of reasonably clean laps, to eventually take the lead with 2 laps to go.

A great comeback win for me, but can't help but feel it was the other guys that threw it away a bit. Maybe they made a few too many mistakes or maybe it was just the tyre selection they got wrong.

I started on Mediums, but after the disasterous warmup and first lap, I changed to Softs and felt much better. The softs lasted longer than usual, probably due to the car being so light. However I think if i hadn't done that extra lap or 2 on mediums I would have struggled to do just 2 stints on softs.

Thanks to all
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.