THE GAMESMEN CUP - GT6 Division 2 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    relax...not by much
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Given some of the races in GT6 last season were as short as 41.5 min it could be an increase of between 20 and 32%. It would be very little if you were looking at PCars last season race times.
  3. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    I'll just run wherever I get placed. Got a bit to learn but so far getting good tyre wear in testing.
  4. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    two kiwis in one division, gona kick some wallibies, lol
  5. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

OK, just want to clarify the Qualifying Reg.
    It states that the tyres you are on at the END of quality are the tyres you start on. Does this mean you can qually on softs, jump into the pits just before qually finishes and change to mediums to starts on??.
    OR
    Should we CLOSE the pits through Qually so you HAVE to start the race on the tyres you qually on???
    In S5, it was set this way and made for some great racing at the end of the race with people on different tyre strategies.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    at this stage, we were aiming for your first option. Qualify on softs and jump in pits if you want to start on mediums.
    Having some drivers qualify on mediums for the sake of strategy means they have no possibility of pole position.
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Which is why no points for pole were given in S5
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    And what strategy would that be? The way I see it, softs are the de facto qualifying tires, as there are no advantages I can see by qualifying on mediums.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I meant, that some drivers may opt for a strategy of mediums for the race with no pitstop (if possible)
    however, they should still be able to qualify on softs
  10. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I had great fun in that season, mainly quallied on the meds, so what i didn't get pole, but coming back through the pack in the latter stages after jumping on the softs was great!

I can see what the mods are trying to achieve here, everyone gets a shot at pole as you would be a complete numpty to not qualy on the softs under these regs. But then you can choose what compound to start the race on. The only issue I see is if the front grid spots start on mediums, and cause any issues for guys on softs a bit further back looking to gain a bit of track position early in the race.
  11. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Ahem! That being the case @Hatfield I'd like to nominate myself again for Div 2…17 times!
    Just to move things along like…and you know I'd never resort to taking cheap shots at colleagues in the open forum here…that would indeed be the act of a small and petty man.
    While I'm on the mic, I would like to take the opportunity to thank all you chaps for the friendly and 'matter of fact' way you all went up like a somber slips cordon when I mentioned my dad had passed away a few weeks ago…probably sounds weird but I really just needed tell someone (or crow it out like a wretched rooster) as a way of making it 'real' for myself…so thanks for helping me along that path guys.
    It's been a surreal and stressful experience, and certainly not one you can 'prepare' or 'steel' yourself for…it just happens, you go like a mad thing for 2 or 3 weeks, then remember to allow your self to relax (and to remember that sleep, food, and camaraderie such as can be found here, are necessary life sustaining functions for a space ape like myself).
    So yeah, thanks guys, and look out Season bloody 9! I like this car and most of the tracks, so, though it may be way too early to be thinking about 'finals footy', I'm feeling pretty damned fast!
    (You're reading me right lads…OFBFF! Over Forty But Farken Fast! I'm champing at the bit to get cracking!)
    See youse on the track!
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  12. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Ah yeah, I'll give it a crack. On race nights I resorted to running direct from PS3 to NBN modem (PPPoE connection) due to 2.5DC's during the season.
    I can get NAT type 1 which is supposed to be optimum for hosting, but in room set up menu it more often than not will not allow decent race/voice quality, just minimum chips…
    I generally get good speeds for my plan (25Mbps Plan: avge 17-20.2Mbps down, 4+Mbps up), and have found that it runs just fine with UPnP disabled. My limited understanding is that if you run DMZ or Port Forwarding, having UPnP enabled clutters the 'flow of information' by adding an extra layer of 'routing rules bureaucracy' that the DMZ/Port Forwarding already handle???
    Obviously if anyone can add to my "Anti-DC File on Improving Room Stability and Other :):):):)!" please feel free to enlighten and educate my semi-computer illiterate arse! Thanks.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    The room settings @Bluemoon hosted last seasons Div3 room worked a treat.
    His explanation why (technical jargon) is in Season 8, Div3 thread, somewhere in the pre rd.1 chatter, a couple pages in.
    Basically, set it up as a "Friends Only" room, with Mic's turned Off.
    Adronaught likes this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated OP with weather settings
    Weather: 0% (70% for Round 4)
    Surface Water at Race Start: 0%
    Weather Changeability: Fixed (4 for Round 4)

What do people think about running other rounds which have weather capabilities with changeability on 4? (meaning it is possible for it to start raining?)
    Would still start them at 0% weather and surface water
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP laps updated
    Round 1: Suzuka Circuit 2014 15th May - 21 laps
    Round 2: Red Bull Ring 22nd May - 31 laps
    Round 3: Brands Hatch GP Sprint 29th May - 2x 17 laps
    Round 4: Mid-Field Raceway Reverse Weather 5th Jun - 37 laps
    Round 5 Nürburgring Type V Enduro 12th Jun - 11 laps
    Round 6 Special Stage Route 5 19th Jun - 34 laps
    Round 7 Twin Ring Motegi 26th Jun - 25 laps
  16. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    WOOOOOOOOOOO whos pumped because i sure am less thank 2 weeks till lights out on a new season :D
    holdenman05 and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    RS will be the qualifying tyre.
    If you want to start on RS, simply qualify as normal.

If you want to start on RM, enter track on RM, 180 at the end of pits and keep to pit wall, enter pits and change to RS.
    Once you finish your lap after 10mins, 180 at the end of pits and keep to pit wall, enter pits and change to RM.

Even if you don't change back to RM, only YOU will see your tyres as RS. Everyone else's replay will show RM
  18. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

So I am Div 2 for S9.....ok then...better get sorted and do some practice...
    Easyprey007 and holdenman05 like this.
  19. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I'm putting it out there, against the weight of years of no-tuning seasons, who wants to tweak the Merc' to ease the understeer?

Admittedly we're starting with the most front-end sensitive circuit in the season, but I for one am finding it immensely frustrating, grinding around searching desperately for some front-end grip. Surely we can limit power, pp and weight to keep performance even? I'm happy to share my setup every round if anyone thinks this suggestion is because I've found some demon-tweak. (I haven't, not even bothered tuning yet)
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    "if you don't like it you can send it right back..."

I am happy with the amount of understeer