THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Clinton

Clinton New Recruit

I thought there was no way you'd stay with me through 130R. I was gobsmacked when I heard your engine. Good stuff.
  2. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    The only real way you can control the amount of time to spend practicing would be to pick a track out of a hat on the night and have an hours practice before hand.
    Or pick the track on a fri night and have an hours practice and another hours practice on the sunday.

Gentlemens agreement or not youd get people punching in practice time.
  3. autech91

autech91 Professional

That would say more about them than it did those that stuck to the "agreement".
    Obviously there is no way to enforce this, but I think any racer worth their salt would rather win or racing merit as opposed to most time spent on track fine tuning race lines and the car.

Just my thoughts, I'm like Spidey and are borderline pulling out of this series, I don't want to spend hours and hours driving the same car around the same track all for 1 hours worth of racing on Sunday. Not fun, not my jam. Having people drive away from me at Brno, one of my favourite tracks, whom I know I can at least stick with was not fun.
    It's a shame that no tune does not work in PC, lets hope that they get it right next time round.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  4. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    i understand your frustration. however i dont think its very sporting IMO.

Id suggest to stick in there. keep pushing and the best outcome for you may be to drop a division in the next series.
    you in my team as well so id urge you to keep banking ANY points you can for PRT.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Rooz use to be amazing and couldn't stop reproducing divisions.
    Most of my driving development was when I was in a lower division being helped by a division 1 driver which was pretty cool at the time during gt6.

Now it's essentially become racing for sheeps stations.

Maybe the season turn arounds are too quick? Maybe it's just such a high demand of racing weekly?

I couldn't see this season even going to the final rounds at this stage. Needs a little more community input as to what would make it work again.

Hopefully this eventually gets sorted :(
    pykeybraa145 and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Definatley have to agree..... sadly...
    There was something awesome about ROOZ that has faded out a little.... HOWEVER i think thats nothing to do with the site, but more to do with this game than anything else. This game has split the console community, thus reducing grid numbers and making the spread of pace even larger, producing worser racing, oh, and this game is also a pile of :poop: for close racing
    I'm always going to stick it out since i know how awesome it can be, just right now the cards aren't working out for the mods to deal. Hopefully in the next batch of games gaming out, we have something that can bring back the epicness we used to have
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Worth sticking it out..

Chances are next season will be on Asseto Corsa..?
    zuluwoffle and autech91 like this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I would put it down to the game as well, it's very sad to see numbers wittle away in what's supposed to be a premium class racing division.
    Capping practice time isn't a solution I'm afraid. It's more down to the fact some people do not have the time to tune the car to each track, and such find themselves languishing behind a position they otherwise would have been capable otherwise. It's not good to compare apples and oranges but on the dying old dog known as GT6 the top two are lightyears ahead of everyone else but Div 1 had 13/15 entrants last night, which is highly unusual. To keep the numbers up I believe the formula needs to change before it's too late.

But how fun is sim racing? It's definitely something I look forward to every weekend, as much as I hate the car I'm driving now I can't imagine a Sunday night without racing. But if you're not having fun it is indeed difficult to find the motivation to continue. I can only hope some of you can find the motivation to continue but if not, I hope you'll be back next season.
  9. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

It's definitely the game I think. but it's just harder to be consistent and fast compared to gt6, and in gt6 you don't need to practice as much and close racing is easier ya can rub panels abit more without spinning someone out.
    Wonder if gt sport will be any good, and all the ps3 guys upgrade to make big fields again.
    In saying that I'm liking the game at the moment learning to tune is a new challenge, Im enjoying and after last nights race pretty good at it. :D
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I wouldn't say the games on par with logic, but I'm still racing on it
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    - quick turn arounds.......had people complaining there was too much time between seasons !
    - lots of series ??? possibly.......guys are burning out possibly
    - when guys pull out, then of course it will fall over.....numbers in the bottom divs are fine.....
    - more input....we ensured MORE input than we ever have setting up this season and it hasnt helped.
    - Sheep stations......not so sure, but there is a bigger gap due to the tuning element, i have no doubt.
    - def agree with the split of the consoles.
    - The magnetic effect does effect how "close" we can race, that said contact in GT6 wasnt always without incident.
    - HOpefully GTS gives us what we want......

- its interesting that i think the physics is more realistic in PCARS, but people liked the sticky feeling that GT gave us.

- yeah, no way to enforce that unfortunately....
    - again, guys tuning to find .5 per lap is something that spreads the field and takes time from 'racing'. I was a strong advocate for no tune, but as you say, the game doesnt really allow for it without gifting advantage those who were looking to take advantage

My View......
    Disappointing to hear guys...however i will say it again, tuning is a killer, ive always been against it, and always will be for a site like ours to work effectively (now the chickens are coming home to roost) . The reality is that guys who have the time to tune are the ones with a massive advantage. For the other drivers it becomes a chore, and once you lose that fun factor, or feeling of fairness then its a slippery slope...CAGME wouldnt divulge his aero to me the other night before the race, his prerogative, however when you see that you are over a second slower in a 1 minute lap i get that some guys will get sick of that pretty quick. (and i do have a little time to tune and prac). The joy we had in GT6 was the fact that there were guys who were still very competitive with little practice, which definitely spread the success across the divs. It also meant that when organising the divs, we knew everyone was running on a level playing field, and wouldnt find 3 secs per lap once they got some miles under their belt, or a rocket ship tune.

That said, we would have gone NON tune if all drivers committed to running without exploiting some of the glitches to their advantage. Unfortunately there were a few who indicated they wouldnt do that in the interest of running at the front.

All that said, am sure everyone understands that it is impossible to come up with something that everyone loves, and shows every week. Whether its the car, tracks, race times, weather options, tire regs, pit stop regs......we cop it no matter what we do, from a few, who inevitably go on to do other things.....shame, we want to keep all our members and new racers....that is always the goal...

Will finish on this point though......when you look at some of the :):):):) that happens in the world these days, we lose a great member in BJ, a kid drowns in a car going fishing with his pop, is what we do really that bad ?

Cheers stu
    emuegg11, Spidey_11, autech91 and 3 others like this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    While we have you stu keep the email of the guy in the shoutout box
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

If you really want to know what tune I was running then here it is:
    Aero 0 and 3
    Final drive 4.42 (The majority would have ran 4.65 which tops out at 244 kmh while I managed 254 kmh in draft)
    Diff 28 45 10
    Camber 1.3 front 1.0 rear
    brake ducts 0
    radiator 0
    And..... every other setting stock.
    C'mon I wasn't really hiding some magical tune that plays with every single setting unlike some who do and will only share their setup with their team. I won't name, names but I know you'd be aware given I know it happens in HTO.

And if your wanting to know what i'll be running for Monza? I'll be running the exact same setup only difference being i'll be reducing the rear camber back to 0.
  14. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Bull:poop:
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    You missed my point.....
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I think this is the best time to say i won't be racing this weekend.
    Sam D Blacklock and ADZA_85 like this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries.

So guys, who is running this weekend ? 4 rounds to go, if numbers permit, I think we merge the 2 divs and keep the division point scores seperate
    Spidey_11 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  18. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    i just dont like the fact I'm competing against drivers who tune all week.

:Ill be here for next week
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Let's get through this season and see what we can do for season 4.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Project Cars Season 4: Gran Turismo
    SuiCid3 and Zachery like this.