THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
    I had a bad race but is piss me off
  2. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    That would have been me devil. Apologies for that. What happened at the chicane is that as i was coming by to lap you i thought you went deep to let me by, and then you turned in late. By that stage i was already alongside you and pcars decided that even though our cars were half a cars width apart they should be glued together. If it makes you feel any better, on my screen you were the one that held the line through the chicane and i was the one pushed wide into the inside wall.

As for what happened at the hairpin, i spun and then as i was rejoining looked back and saw that you on my screen were about 2 or 3 car lengths further back and that i had enough time to rejoin in front of you. Apologies for that again devil, it would seem PCARS likes modify the truth.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys.....this is the post i have put in the room captains thread after some questions over the wear rate for this weekend.

"i really dont care what rate of wear we run, and will change it if you want, but will say this...

Seems that everytime something gets a little difficult we change it to make it easier....yet everyone still wants all the difficult options of tuning, weather, pitstops and tire wear, night, day and track temps etc etc...

Im :confused:"

Personally i dont care what settings we use, everyone has until tomorrow night to make your feelings known by either saying "change" or "keep"
    Any 'rants' about which way we 'should' go will be deleted

Stu:rolleyes:

5. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
  6. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Change (even if just for this round),

But, overall it doesn't bother me that much and I'll keep racing week in week out
  7. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Keep.

I have no issue with the current one. Are people stating it makes racing too hard because you need to pit?

#notarant
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

No its not because of a need to pit. The issue lies in this round being a wet round. The need to pit is forced due to the transition from wet to dry. The wet tyre compound has pathetic durability. In the event of a spin you can lose as much as 25% of your tyre. The tyre will last just fine provided you don't spin but if you spin and spin repeatedly you will most likely require an additional pit for another set of wets which just compounds the time lost that you lost for spinning in the first place. This issue is likely to be more significant in the lower divs than it is in the higher divs.

If it wasn't clear in stu's post any change to tyre wear regulations would be applicable to this round and this round only.
  10. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Oh I see. Maybe I should skip the round lol
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Regardless of the weather. Everyone has to deal with the same thing. Dont see the big deal.
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

May have to actually try and squeeze in some practice before Sunday.

On another note, is it possible to bring the start time for the Spa enduro in a couple Sunday's forward to 730 or 8? Don't really like the idea of a 10pm finish with work the next morning.
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Not going to try and start an argument but ponder this: Someone misses their brake marker going into one of the chicanes and gives you enough of a tap that it causes you to spin while their car remains perfectly fine. The one at fault redresses but as a result of the spin through no fault of your own causes your tyres to loose 10-25% while they lose nothing. From that point on you will have significantly less grip increasing the likelihood of self inflicted spins, reducing your lap times and increasing the possibility of you having to pit for another set of tyres. It wouldn't be very fair if you were forced to pit due to the actions of someone else now would it? You would have no grounds to lodge a protest as they followed the rules and redressed.

I have no issue with running tyre wear personally. But running no tyre wear for this round could definitely provide some damage control come post race / Monday morning heated discussions.

Edit: Have you even done a lap around Monza in the wet given your not racing this week?
  14. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Nah not starting an argument either. Honestly didnt think of it like that. Fair point.
    And nah havent done any laps of monza.
  15. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  16. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hi all, As has been mentioned to me, it's a long weekend this weekend, and therefore there may be some people away today and therefore unable to race.

Therefore i put to you guys, would you all like to race tonight, or move it back to next sunday?

Btw, my preference is to race tonight
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Long weekend is this weekend in New Zealand. Unless queens birthday differs by state its next weekend for Australia.
  18. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    It's a Public Holiday for WA this weekend (WA day) and from what people had been saying its a long weekend for all of Australia. If not, guess we'll just race this weekend, and we can start talking about racing next weekend
  19. freddyp_33

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Race tonight, that is when its been scheduled for since the start of the season.
    Change the date of this race and someone else could be disadvantaged because of that. I say stick to what we have planned at this late stage. We can't please everyone 100% of the time.
    WA is the only state with a public holiday this weekend and I did a bit of research and next weekend is the public holiday in NSW, SA, Vic, Tas, ACT & NT for the Queens birthday.
    I haven't heard anything about not racing next weekend because the majority of states in Australia are having a long weekend, apparently Queensland & WA are the only states that don't celebrate the Queens birthday next weekend. So someone is always going to be disadvantaged with public holidays/long weekends.
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. freddyp_33

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    No Nathan we don't all celebrate WA day as great as your state may be!!:thumbsup: