THE GAMESMEN CUP - Season 3 - Division 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Thats fine by me, always prefer to race tonight!

I don't get to celebrate it either. Uni doesn't observe state holidays
  2. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    that sucks
  3. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    It does a little bit, but you get used to it fairly quickly.

Anyway, with the news that yes we are running tonight, I'd like to bring up an issue that was prevalent last week and will absolutely play a factor tonight. Blue Flags. Not sure why they were such an issue last week, but the one thing i did notice when getting buy some lapped cars is that for the most part we were all aware of who was coming by, and would move out the way, but at other times there would be other cars that may not be aware of them being lapped and would either try to race the car lapping them, or prevent them from overtaking easily.

The one thing i ask about this tonight is that i know it will be difficult at times, especially if your racing someone, but just to be extra vigilant to make sure that if they are being lapped, they let the other car by soon as possible.
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Also, I'll try and have the room up roughly the same time as last week. About 7:30PM AEST, for quali to start at about 8:15PM AEST, and race start no later than 8:30PM AEST hopefully
  5. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    won't be racing tonight sorry guys.
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  6. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Div 4 Room Open! Hoping to start quali by 8:15pm at the latest
  7. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Just about to start quali, only 5 of us in here. Where is everyone tonight?
  8. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Net was down until now, sorry guys.
  9. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Plus I won't be racing next week as it is long weekend, and I got new rubber on Tiffany (my dirt bike) today so I will be up the mountain carving out the mud tracks until Monday.
    Dev1lman_87 and Nathancarhead like this.
  10. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  11. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    That was one interesting race. Very grueling, but glad to have it over and done with.
    Quali: 2nd. Didnt have any pace in the wet, and seemed to be stuck in the middle in terms of pace between Freddy at the front and everyone else behind me.

Race: 2nd. Had a great start tonight (wonder if everyone else had a real bad start, or i just had an amazing start), managed to hold the lead into turn 1, and then started to pull a gap for 3 laps. From there, it all started to go downhill. I knew i didnt have the pace to keep ahead of Freddy in the wet or the dry, but i just wanted to hold him off for as long as possible. Turns out lap 3 was all i could hold him off for as coming through the first lesmo, the car got really taily and i looped it and put it in the fence on the outside. In my haste to get the car back on track and pointed the right way, i also lost 2nd to Col, and 3rd to Devil. Finally got the car back on the black stuff and highlight of the race for me was going side by side through Ascari with Devil, and neither of us wanting to move over. I managed to squeeze him out enough, and retake 3rd, only to spin at Parabolica and loose 3rd again to Devil. Finally after much more mucking around managed to get back in front of Devil for 3rd. By this stage, there was no chance i was catching Freddy, but I needed to catch Col. Came in lap 10 (think i was the first to pit) and started to storm off on my tyres. Next time by, Col was coming out of the pits and I managed to get by him into t1. This was an interesting time in the race as i was taking 2-3 seconds a lap out of Freddy's 90 second lead, and adding 2-3 seconds a lap to my gap back to Col. Rest of the race was pretty boring. Nothing major happened, kept adding time to my gap to col, and kept taking time out of Freddy, untill Freddy found top gear and started to drive away from me.

Must say, huge congrats to @colin-50_ on his first podium! Was a great effort from you tonight Col, good to see you making some progress up the field!

On a perhaps sader note, there was only 5 of us tonight which was a real shame as we generally get double that most weekends. Anyway, looking forward to next week which should be a very tough and long race
  12. freddyp_33

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Good race tonight for those that could race. Considering the wet it was a nice clean race from the chat after the race.
    Congratulations to @colin-50_ for his first podium position, well done Colin.
  13. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Your kidding me ?
  14. freddyp_33

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Which one? That fact it was a clean race? or that Col got a podium? Haha, Col did well he didn't put the radical on its roof this race :thumbsup:
    Killercarlcox69 and PurpleDog like this.
  15. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks for the comments guys i am still grinning and i promise i will put it on its roof next time
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    WELL DONE COL< been a long time coming but well deserved....

On another note...where was everyone ?
  17. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    @Kiefer Hopkins , @Bevo_17 and @PurpleDog all said to me prior to the race they would not be able to make it, but even still, 5 was a bit lackluster considering we normally get 10 or more
  18. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Sorry for the no show last night all. I had a long energy sapping day and was watching the tele at about 7 and fell asleep on the lounge. Woke up at about 2am and went off to bed.
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  19. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Different room !
  20. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Well done Col !
    All that practice paid off .:laugh: