GT5 The Nurburgring (200) 500 kms and Enduro Series.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by SEIDO463, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Just a casual observation, but having dynamic weather negates any handicap to the higher div drivers with harder tyres as most will go to wet's or intermediates... the same tyres for all div's then and the higher divs will (or should) romp away with their "elite" skills leaving the lower guys in their dust (or spray...lol).

If it's only light rain, you can manage on your selected div tyres, but I was just testing and it got pretty heavy and I'm sliding all over the joint.

:)
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Sorry guys, had to retire. I had no crashes as such...but that car i was using was absolutely useless in the wet. It only weighs 700 kg and the massive wings on it do nothing to improve the grip. I could hold a quarter to half throttle and spin in every gear. Was getting pretty boring going so slow after 3 laps so i called it a day. I'll know next time not to use such a light car.
  3. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks to all for showing up, better turn out than I expected!

Well after all the test sessions I did through the week, only yesterday did it rain in game but it cleared up after a while.
    With in few mins of starting the final session the rain started, can't believe it stayed for the entire race.
    Was a good challenge and I enjoyed it! added strategy and felt more on egde.

I messed up off the grid with a jump start haha and got front right wheel damage on the 2nd corner of the first lap.
    I started on Inter tyres, I ran a slow first lap and pitted at the end of that lap. I stayed on inter tyres and ran a cautious race all the way to the end, finishing 2nd.

Great driving beau

And don't forget, round 4 of the 501 series coming this sat morn! audi at eifel!
  4. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    The Nurb Challenge... Challenge was the right word.

Sorry I pulled out, after starting on the wrong tyres and setting a 14+ minute first lap, just wasn't enjoying it at all.

I was looking forward to seeing how we would all match up with the tyre handicaps, but that all got thrown out the window in favour of a "stay on the track if you can" race.

It's a good concept, but needs to be run on a dry track... in my opinion.
  5. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Here's a few quick snaps from the first corner, what a pack!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Ok then, so let's tone the difficulty down as you say.
    Let's run another 8 lap race soon, weather fixed to Sunny and see how the tyre system works, I'm interested to see too.
    And how about we start the race 7:30pm in game and again time rate 1 so we may have the end of the race in twilight. I think full darkness is about 9pm or just after.

Sorry to all, seemed like a waste of time for you... hope you will show to the next race.
  7. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Do all the races have to be on this track? Why not run a selection of tracks? I find endurance races are more exciting on shorter tracks. Its improves the scope for more strategies. With such a long lap, there is usually only one or two tyre strategies.

Anyway, about tonight's race. TBH, with the rain, it was hairy. Not exactly any scintillating battles for me. Looking forward to the next one. Hopefully some more division1 racers can jump in on the action next time. It's not that fun time trialling around the track on your own.
  8. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I was trying to make special Enduro events using Nurburg, Le Sarthe and Suzuka and High Speed Ring, basically tracks with dynamic weather and/or time transition.

I didn't set the rain to fixed, that was just the way it went. I am trying to create the feel of enduro (opposite to the regular season) where the battle isn't with just the other drivers, but the track and the elements and concentration...
  9. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    [​IMG]

Poxy rainy weather! I won't be going back there again! (hands on hips.. shake of the head)
  10. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

damage on full ruined it for me. i dont like it, a bit unrealistic IMO. a little tiny tap on a wall and its like ur tyre point 45* of center and the car shassi is bent its imposible to drive. i got a good start too untill i taped the wall. :(
  11. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I agree with pretty well all of the points made above, but to reiterate my thoughts...
    - Thanks Seido for putting it together
    - Didnt really enjoy it much though, stuck it out because I dont really like people quitting mid race (and the XP I got bumped me to level 36)
    - If we do this again, fix the weather to sunny OR get rid of heavy damage. Preferably the weather
    - An hour an a half enduro at Suzuka would be fun (sunny, full damage, same car regs), but I would certainly show up to a sunny Nurburgring
  12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks for staying in the race Barra.

Ok so we will get rid of one or the other, damage or weather...

Tracklist:
    17/7 Nurburgring 24hr
    TBA Suzuka (full damage)
    TBA SSR5 (full damge)
    TBA High Speed Ring (weather, light damage)
    TBA De La Sarthe (time rate, heavy damage

Still too hardcore?

maybe will limit the car selection, '90 to 2010 race cars.
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Looks good SEIDO i love full dammage, if i'm about Ill be there, but i won't be doing Nurburg again i just hate it, it gives me nightmares since the tamora race and now even worse since yesterdays rain race, it just doesnt offer a good race like the other 24 hour track does (for me that is).
  14. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    That sounds good Seido, I dont think yesterday would have near as frustrating except for the epic long journey back to the pits after sustaining damage. Not sure whether the restriction on car selection is needed, but doesn't bother me either way. Ultimately it is up to you - your series.
  15. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Well yea but will you guys show if it's too hard... trying to balance it out for all.
  16. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Thanks Bonus. I like the full damage too.
    What happened in the Tamora??
    I would have to disagree that Nurburg doesn't offer good racing, Season 2 Barra and I had an epic battle where we finished .5 of sec apart after 1hr!
    Hope to see you for the next one!
  17. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    haha, Im not opposed to hard, just to the massive punishment that results from a small mistake in the wet on full damage on a long track with walls close to the road. :x
    I reckon i would show up to anything that wasnt exactly the same as Sunday, but having said that, if I was having a better day at the wheel, I wouldnt have crashed as much :oops:
  18. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Well that's The Ring! the one and only.

Hope you guys aren't put off and will show at the next race.
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Forgot to say thanks for setting up the race Seido. It's a shame I picked such a :):):):) car for wet driving. I would have enjoyed it much more if I had the right car. I'm all for a sunny Nurburgring enduro with full damage, any track with full damage would be fine really.
  20. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    No problems Chev, glad you made it and stuck the race out!

Ok, I'm balancing out this Enduro season. Some races with both full damage and weather (this doesn't mean it will always rain and further more rain the way it did on Sunday!) and some race with either full damage or light damage and weather...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.