GT6 Thursday night NASCAR

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Nov 27, 2014.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    any preference of car you want to run, i think i only have the Dale Jnr #88 but can get another one, not sure if anyone else is running the #88???
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Please drivers in lobby 1 ensure you have me on your friends list before you start gt6 and before 7pm so I can add you and reset without causing undue delays. Will be friends only lobby to avoid network congestion from randoms.

Cheers.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  3. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I don't mind what we run, I most likely have the money to buy them all if I have too lol.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  4. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Lobby 1 what do you reckon day to night event? Will ask again in the lobby. I think if we start at 3pm with the time thingy set to x5-8 it should get dark about halfway through? If not we can just do an "all daytime/all nighttime race"?
  5. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Sounds good to me Ad.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Just make it go through a 24 hour period. Midday start with time progression 18 or 17 as race will be somewhere between 80 and 90 min once you take pitstops, boost and carnage into consideration.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Sweet grab a national guard Chevy and lets do this
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Is it possible for me to join if so what car?
  9. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Can't get into PSN network
  10. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I'm spewing I couldn't get back into the room for the race, was there issues with the first room? When I did finally get in race had started and there were cars flying 50 feet in the air and going all over the place.
  11. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I had my own connection issues too, couldn't join lobbies.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Sorry SPL and mustafur. I waited as long as I could. No issues with the room at all, no lag that I saw. I could not see you online at all SPL. We saw VARDZ go offline just as our race started did room 2 go ahead?
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    it did I had issues all night lasted to 30 laps
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Quali. Colin on pole. [​IMG]
    Results. Well done podium
    [​IMG]

Absolutely brilliant race. 2 whole laps until the carnage started. BeauAlbert6 looked to have the best strategy and would take the race by a mile but looked like he may have underfeulled on his final stop and ducked back in. Lap 75 I found myself with BeauAlbert and Colin up front and had been doing 15 lap stints but decided to change to 20 lap stints on the fly. On my 20th lap (80) I had a spin and dropped my 5 second lead dammit!! Pitted for my final stint that lap and it was the fastest stop ever, even though I put 45 litres in it didn't hold me in the pit box like every other stop. Came out with Colin just ahead, and spent a few laps side by side trying to get past. BeauAlbert was a couple of places further up, but I was now in a battle with stiffsht CAGM7 and FloodSim and Colin was looking for a way back past. Stiffsht pitted end lap 84 and I moved through to the front of our little battle. I think CAGM7 was conserving cause he kept bumping and didn't seem to want to pass. Emma was holding a massive lead now as BeauAlbert had repitted. Lap 89 and a wide run at the final turn had me bounce of the wall and drop to the tail of our battle into 5th. MINT joined the party as emmo dropped back towards us and took his final stop. So I was now 5th with 9 to go. The pack was slower than me in the corners but I just could not find a way through. I snuck up the inside exiting turn 1 and was side by side with CAGM7 when he lost control at turn 2, sliding down and taking most of us out. Colin shot off into the lead while I dropped behind BeauAlbert thinking my race was done. As the final laps counted down I could see the lead pack squabbling and I was closing every lap. 7 to go black blob on the horizon. 5 to go and I could make out the individual cars. 4 to go and v8power has a spin collecting TTR joe90 and stiffsht and they fell back towards me gifting me 6th. BeauAlbert and CAGM7 were next to be seen skidding ahead with BeauAlbert skidding towards the inside and CAGM7 recovering just ahead. 3 to go and I'm right amongst the lead pack. Colin gives CAGM7 a good hip and shoulder and I'm in the top 4. 2 to go I draft MINT and move to second, riding his bumper all the way around the final turn. Awesome!! I pull out of the draft and we cross the line for the penultimate time side by side. I see Colin looking up the inside of MINT into turn 1 but I don't think MINT did, and he turns in onto Colin. 8 car pile up. Massive. NOOOOOOOOOO!!! All the way back to 7th. Emmo, nearly all of the first turn behind splits the pack down the middle and zooms through, then walks past CAGM7 to take the lead and the win. Brilliant and heartbreaking at the same time!!
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    stucar17, emmo46, MINT_GTR and 2 others like this.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Insane race, well done @kevkumkwot! I guess our small coming together a few laps prior helped us out, as we came 1st and 2nd!

Looking forward to next week, where I'm sure even more chaos is in store, hopefully your net will be all good by then Stu!
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Good thing we had mics on nothing better then having a bit of banter with rotor while logging the laps. Was good fun
    SuiCid3 and stucar17 like this.
  17. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    That was awesome with 2 laps to go i was 10th everyone crash and I finished 3rd
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Hmm.... i suppose not.....
    KoAStR, stucar17, skywalker and 7 others like this.
  19. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    That looked awesome. So pissed I missed the race
  20. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Brilliant! :) i think we all thought we were going to win that one until the last corner!

Well done Emmo - i'm happy you got that one as you were having some shocking luck for at least 90 of those laps.Well done team mate - CAGME. Think you spent quite a few laps looking out the drivers window
    in a four wheel drift :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
    stucar17 and emmo46 like this.