GT6 Thursday night NASCAR

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Nov 27, 2014.

1. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Haha that video is hilarious so peaceful
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Who is she? :thumbsdown:
    stucar17 likes this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Woo Hoo, this win following on from my very pleasing victory in the Commodore at Deep Forest has made me a very happy puppy. I enjoyed every lap of it, I got involved in a few skirmishes along the way and it wasn't looking too good when I was a lap down at the half way point but luckily I ran mostly alone from there and avoided most lot of the drama. I managed to climb back into a good lead at about the 80 lap mark but with worn tyres and boost the pack hunted me down well before I pitted for the last time on lap 90. I came out 10th about 46 seconds or so seconds behind with only 10 laps to go.
    I was praying most others would have to stop again as it had been a while since many of them pitted. I closed the gap to about 7 seconds by the time I crossed the line in 9th entering the final lap and was going over my apology speech to my team mate Ad2 in my head. Then there was a lot of commotion in my head phones and I thought I might be in for some improvement in position.
    As I came towards the end of turn one there was a sea of cars and I braced myself for a collision, that was how it had been for most of the race. Miraculously it was like the parting of the Red Sea as there were a couple of cars against the outside wall and the rest were off the track inside the turn, no cars sideways across the racing line this time.
    I powered through the mess onto the back stretch in 2nd place with CAGM getting back up to speed about half way down the back straight. I closed on him quickly and was able to dive under him in the middle of turn two and took the win by a couple of seconds. I was very surprised.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    JonoStan96, Ad2mny, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @stucar17 I will do the charts for this, In room one the last placegetter was 10th so 10 points there, what points do I give the non starters in room 1 (9 points?) and 2, do they get the same points no matter what room they were in?
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Man 'boost' is annoying!!! I had 12 seconds on you guys in the last 9 laps... Didn't spin at all, did nothing wrong consistent times flat foot and you guys chop 12 seconds down in 6 laps... then to have 6 of you overtake and get a tap in the rear on the last corner... only to run out of fuel... :S Fun, but not worth doing 100 laps for a result like that..
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, it is a bit of a lottery. You need a different strategy for these races and it all comes down to the last stint. You just need to be there abouts up until then and hope you have better tyres and luck then all the others in the pack for the run to the flag.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    In our room I was 9th and V8 10th entering the last lap and we finished 1st and 3rd!!
    v8power383 likes this.
  8. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    So gutted after that race..
    I had my strategy for the end of the race nailed and was right where I wanted to be on the last lap. But then it all kicked off and being on the high-line I couldn't get out of it. Added an extra spin on my own just to put an end to it.
    @Beau_Albert that video is awesome. That was the carnage of the last lap. Thought you had it in the bag until that late unexpected pit stop.
    Congrats to @emmo46 on the win. The replay from his point of view on the last lap is amazing haha.. He just drives through like it's nothing; 9th to 1st.
    Ad2mny and emmo46 like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    That is how ol' emmo does it. Easy win or crash and burn!
    SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.
  10. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    That was almost exactly what happened to me the last time we held this event.
    Everyone held their cool quite well i thought considering the chaos - was so hard to manage the tyre wear rate when half of the time we were sliding out of control at 300kph.
  11. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Nice vid beau.

I did get pole, however it was assisted quite a bit by rotor! The slip is insane with the setting on weak! So not fussed if TB? takes pole.

Vardz had quite a few issues, so I ended up hosting. We had a plan, but with him disconnecting that went out the window and I just used anyone I could for bump draft ;)

10 laps to go, I was sitting really great. Was just focusing on not overheating the rear right and sitting right behind the leader. 3 to go, got a little tap towards the end of T1 and dropped back to last with a massive slide. Together with r3ken we worked together to catch up on the main pack but still a few seconds off, however on the last lap I did my own slide. I thought its all over....

Then I hear oh know Im outa fuel...

Came around the final corner to see cars everywhere going slow and all over the place.... pipped fastboy across the line (around a 100km/h speed difference :) )
  12. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Well yeah I had the strat... I could make a set of tyres last 22-23 laps... Pitted on lap 82 and actually had 15 seconds on the field after the last stop... and between lap 85 - lap 94 that 15 sec gap stay between 15 and 13... And not to mention fastboy was two laps down and still caught on the lead lap fighting for a win... my times where all 58.2's then when they caught up it went down to 54.2s....
  13. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I learnt pretty quickly when the rear went to 2 it was insane to drive!
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I never let it get below 4.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have the results from room 2? I've got kev in 1st and N64 2nd so far.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had a few occasions during the race where I was looking into his driver window just before I T boned him.:eek:
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ROFLMAO.......thats awesome....

Spewing i couldnt make it guys.

Glad it was a fun race.....even if some get the frustration of being strong with just 1 or 2 laps to go.

The whole idea has always been to have 4 or more cars hitting the last lap together, and having a blast.....

Really hope my net i fixed for next week, will get to the ladder asap, maybe tonight if i still cant race....
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks emmo, champion.

We will give the non starters from both rooms the last points applicable to the room they were in. Is the fairest way i think.....
    No points though for fastest lap, boost messes that up, 1 point for pole.

The teams championship will determine rooms for round 2, so as soon as thats up i will so the seedings for next week.

Cheers
    Stu
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Vardz dc'd so he was 10th if our room. I think I forgot to save replay, so not sure about placement.

Rotor was ahead of me and fastboy behind, I think 5th, 6th and 7th..
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional