GT6 Thursday night NASCAR

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Apr 8, 2015.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @stucar17 I'll need some clarification on who was teamed with who and who were subs and who for.
  2. TheFormalGuy

TheFormalGuy Rookie

It shows on my screen that Peach veered into blackos path and pit maneuvered himself. Peach moved to the right after exiting the long corner.
  3. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    Thats what i seen from my view dont know if it is him sliding or just cutting me off
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Just a racing incident, anything can happen in this series and it usually does (stolen from Mr Walker)
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If a nascar race doesn't have a spin, can it really be considered nascar?
    seth123 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    No, it can't. Nor is if it if one of the two guys who lead the race from start to finish doesn't go from first to last on the final lap...
    skywalker likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    also PD glitches can really help with immersion ie 'I got a new nickname...the magicman! now you see me, now you don't'
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Spent a bit of time with blacko last night and this is just a classic case of youthful exuberance of a 13 year old looking for a good result. No penalty in this series, (within reason) but
    @LITTLEBLACKO942 if you gave yourself 3 more car lengths to get the pass done it would have been clean without contact. We live and learn young one !!! Would ask all our drivers to keep in mind blacko is just a kid, with good pace, learning how to race, and we all prob need to help him where we can and accept there will be a few mistakes made. ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Well done @seth123 . sorry Ur teammate was so useless. Oh how the mighty fall. From 1st last week to stupid this week. I believe he was suffering from severe Kryptonite Poisoning (self induced). He promises to keep clear of said Kryptonite b4 the Selby400.
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @emmo46
    Nathan was the sub for Vardz......V8 can sub for AD even though different room.....

Formal guy can sub for cyber and Blacko can sub randm90

I had a fun race....thoughts on running boost and draft on the road tracks ? Ithinght it was good, however i think if we had wear on fast it would make things more interesting with strat ....

I went from 1st to last in the space of a few laps, good fun though....last lap was in the pack but i made contact and spun so another result at the back......cant take a trick at the moment !

Dont forget next week is a bye and then will run the final round on the 16th.....
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah it was a hectic race, I had slow start but I made up a lot of time with a lucky pit stop, Beau and I battled for the majority of the the 2nd stint before he pitted early to get the boost advantage. I pitted a lap later but I wasn't catching fast enough. Suddenly, as the pack caught up, the gap came down dramatically. Now Seth looked most likely on the freshest tyres. Beau got rinsed out after he lost the lead at the hairpins, only for him to take the optimal line in front of me... We broke at precisely the same but Beau was in the gravel and down to last... After such and epic fight inculding us spending the entirety of lap 11 side by side, to see him go off as a result of lag was very disappointing.
    I tucked into Seth's draft but couldn't get him at the line, a thrilling end to a thrilling race.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sounds like fun stig, what its all about mate.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Cyber actually raced but had to retire injured, I think it was a head injury. beacuase of that do you want to rethink the subs
  14. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    blacko what STU said is true and if you need any help at any stage i will and i am certain that there is a heap of guys also that will help
    you are only young at 13 and i am 64 so take it from someone who has been around for a while you only get better
    and if i am on at any time fell free to join me mate and welcome to the ROOZ family if you have not already been told
    see you on the black stuff mate and mke sure you have me on your friends list
    JonoStan96 and stucar17 like this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Argh......ok, cyber will have to finish in last finishing place, formal guy will have to be on his own for this round....
  16. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    I thought i was formal guys team mate
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Was going to be, IF everyone was available. Because we had a few guys unavailable i change it around.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    To everyone in Jono's room, go to either me or jono's POV, and watch Lap's 11/12. Some of the best racing ive had in ROOZ. These are not cars built for road racing, but me and jono were able to stay side by side for quite literally every corner and every straight. Fantastic racing. As for the race itself, well i had a very dominant showing, however the boost meant the pack was always going to close, and it did on the last lap, seth gave me a little bump in the final hairpin, sending me wide, and in the final braking zone on the lap, Jono's lag punted me into the gravel. After leading so many laps, i did not expect the result i got, but thats nascar i guess. Also apologies for my language after the race, temper got the better of me :thumbsdown:

Also final note to @LITTLEBLACKO942 , few people making comments about your age. You've already moved from Div7-Div6 in the last season, and with age, you get more experience and more knowledge on how to get the car around that track quicker, and race cleaner. If your only 13, and already moving up the ranks, you could become quite a deadly force later on! I started competitive racing when i was 15, and now 16 i'm racing with the top guys in Australia. There is no reason, you couldn't one day, get enough experience racing side by side with others, be one of the cleanest, quickest drivers in Aus, at such a young age. Keep at it mate, you can only get quicker :thumbsup:
    colin-50_, stucar17 and Hatfield like this.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You should have seen the fight over the places behind you two as you headed off into the distance in the first 20 or so laps before boost dragged you back. Initially I managed to pick my way from 6th on the grid to 3rd behind you two after turn 1. I held that until the run down pit straight at the end of lap one when boost and slipstream brought a swarming pack all over me into the braking area for turn 1. Some of the guys didn't seem to realise you had to brake these monsters for the turn and continued on past the corner, the challenge for me was in not being taken with them.
    I survived all that and the jostling through to turn three where I was used as braking device and turned around and then hit by half the field. I shrugged that off knowing that I could recover with boost on, I caught up to the snarling pack again and foolishly tried to pick my way through it. You marvel at running side by side with Jono but these guys were three and four wide at times, it probably wasn't as pretty a sight as you might think though. People kept spinning off, mostly involuntarily, and coming back up to the pack again. This went on for a couple of laps and I was starting to get into the swing of things and getting comfortable with all the rubbing, it can be seductive:rolleyes:.
    On about lap 4 I was bulldozed into the fence at the double switch back and was aggrieved enough to consider pulling the pin on the whole thing as I contemplated a lonely run in last again. But then I remembered boost so set off reinvigorated again. This time I did my best to avoid the close and personal racing ahead of me and only picked off people as they lost momentum enough for me to pass cleanly.
    This race was all about the last lap so I made sure I had good tyres and clawed my way back from 25 seconds behind with about 5 to go to be only four seconds away from a win. The only trouble was the swarming pack between me and that ambition. Luckily a lot of guys seemed to get overexcited by it all and started to explore as yet unseen parts of the track opening the way for me to effortlessly glide into 5th place, I was content with that as I rounded the last corner only to see Peach and Blacko (the little one) using a lot of track as they performed some sort of waltz towards to finish line. I had to make a quick decision under immense pressure, I decided it best not to get involved in their dance and dived for the pit wall to just squeak through into a podium place, yes one of those rare things around the emmo household of late. A podium place:thumbsup:

I want to thank @Stucar for the brilliance of making this a boost race as it sure made it entertaining. I felt all sorts of emotions on the journey and was well satisfied at the end. I was only beaten by a couple of the top echelon of drivers and I felt proud.:)
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.