PCARS Thursday night team mate series -PS4

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Feb 25, 2016.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH

took longer than a minute, procrastination at its finest
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Its funny how the spins look on this game, doesn't look as bad as it was, but i do have the rule of full throttle out of the pits sometimes it doesn't pay off
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ALright guys.....regs as per last week....

HOpefully we can get a full grid again and we have some close racing !

See you all at about 8:45 and see how we go..... @garyw61 are you ok to host again ?

Also, if i get time today i will do up the ladders from last week......

Stu
    vh_mik likes this.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, unless I get a better offer before then ;)
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck with that !
  6. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

I'm happy to host if needed @stucar17 internet is always solid for me
    seth123 likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Hatfield , any chance of getting these ladders done up ?
    Teams are
    1. stu and col
    2. gary and samsung
    3. Beaualbert + Revhead1000
    4. Fastboy + Suicide (ranok3n)
    5. Autech + V8power #39
    6. thejuzzy + Killercarl
    7. Sickskills + Seth123
    8. vh_mik + Groover

Point structure
    1st - 30 pts
    2nd - 27
    3rd - 24
    4th - 21
    5th - 18
    6th - 15
    7th - 13
    8th - 12
    9th - 11
    10 - 10
    11 - 9
    12 - 7
    13 - 5
    14 - 3
    15 - 2
    16 - 1
    ALL DSC gets last place finish, DNS will be allocated next points position....

Now we did start with 16 in the room so all of us who DSC will get 12th place points.....
    stu, col, killercarl, samsung, v8power, ......
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sure. pole and FL point? (if so, who got pole)
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I managed to get both :)
    Edit: Quickest reply to a thread ever for a question? :eek:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Don't do that for this series hat. Just finishing positions
    vh_mik likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    cool. I agree, @Beau_Albert shouldn't be winning everything by too much on pcars
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  12. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Haha, Group A's are a speciality of mine on this game it seems.
    Put me in a V8 Supercar next season and watch me sink back to Division 5.... :unsure:

Most of the Div1 Guy's have agreed to start at the back in this series from now on though, so races will be far more up for grabs now! :D
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  13. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Reverse grid from last week's results would make for some awesome racing and passing moves lol
    seth123 and vh_mik like this.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    i love the idea! but that kinda stuff on this game will make WW2 look minor lol :cry:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That was a hard one to maintain focus my room was boiling in there! once it cooled down my lap times started dropping although my 1 and 1/2 spins cost me a few positions, few good battles. Guess you could say I like this track now.

Bring on next week a track i will know which way im going!
    JonoStan96 and Konnor McCluskey like this.
  17. autech91

autech91 Professional

Awesome race bros
    Unfortunately due to that weird glitch I didnt start from the back as planned. Race kicked off well with a group forming involving groover, beau, seth and myself. Eventually beau got by me and then made it past groover, I left it a wee bit too late to put a move up groover which allowed beau to pull a 1.5 sec lead.
    From there is was a race against mistakes as we both kept upping the pace, unfortunately for me I was too far back to get the tow from beau so we kept that same gap for most the race. I needed to be closer to disrupt his rhythm but it was not to be.
    Sickskills had waited unlike beau and I to go from the rear and appeared in 3rd in the latter stages of the race, at that point I had given up on bridging the gap to beau and decided to focus on keeping 2nd and backed off ever so slightly (10s instead of 9a). BIG MISTAKE. I didnt realise but Sickskills was on a massive charge putting in lap record times. With 1 lap to go he was right on me, I gathered all my remaining concentration and focused on hitting my apexes and getting good drive out of the corners. Just managed to hold him off, one more lap and I am not sure I could have.

Drive of the day goes to @Konnor McCluskey for that chase. Ka pai bro.
    Konnor McCluskey likes this.
  18. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Can anyone tell me why the second quali was only 5 minutes last night??

After nabbing pole, we had the glitch, so quali should of been reset to 10 minutes again. Instead I was coming into last corner after getting tyres warm to look down and see there was only 2min remaining!! And then it put me behind the guys who didn't even leave the garage..
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Thems what it is... It was getting late. We needed to get it started.
    I did warn Stu that 5 minutes wasn't going to be enough though :oops:

Last nights race was probably the best race I've had since I've started PCars.
    I was pretty much chasing @garyw61 for the entire 23 laps!

Second qualy only just made it onto the home stretch before the timer hit.
    Started somewhere in the middle, managed to avoid all the usual mishaps of the first lap and eventually settle in a few seconds down from @garyw61.
    After a number of laps I managed to reel in gaz and was riding his butt for a few laps but could never get a nose in.
    Dropped back a bit as I was getting a little unsettled and that brought the battling pair of @stucar17 and @Killercarlcox69 right on my tail. Unfortunately for them, my early braking into turn 1 must have caught them off guard and caused them to take evasive action (sorry about that fellas). That caused stu to drop back a bit and killer lost a few metres on me as well.

Eventually my teammate got past the both of them, and being the nice guy that I am, I let him through (not in a very convenient spot mind you), that let @Fastboysmith run off and chase down gaz.
    Not too long after that killer pulled a great move on me and passed me and soon it was stu's turn.
    We ran as a 5 car pack for a few laps until killer went for a gander at the geeses, then fastboy ended up in the wall.
    Stu had a couple of slow runs through some corners which allowed me to pass him again and chase down gary.

Fastboy eventually managed to pass all of us once again, and as usual, ended up in the wall not long after :cry:

As the race was reaching it's last few laps, I could see gaz slowing down quite quite a bit and I was gaining valuable time off him in many of the corners. Gary being gary, held me off like the driver he is, but it was all too much halfway through the last lap where his car just couldn't do what he asked for anymore, and I squeezed by.
    Once in front, defensive actions took over and I was practically coming to a stand still on the corners (without trying to cause an incident) to try and wash off any speed gary had (and also a looming stu).

Great racing from these guys. A little bit of body rubbing throughout but hard racing is great racing and nothing I would consider penalty worthy. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will try to get the tables up tonight guys......needs a little bit of work....
    Beau_Albert likes this.