PCARS Thursday night team mate series -PS4

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Feb 25, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Mines a 7.3 gig download.
    Will be struggling to get it sorted, as will others.

may have to postpone for a week in fairness to all
    seth123 likes this.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Just a heads up to the guys who couldn't make it last night that we didn't run the race due to some members having issues with the large update download. Not sure of Stu's plan, but race will be run at a later date.
    seth123 likes this.
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    awesome :) Keeps SickSeth Racing in the teams tittle
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Read that as teams titties....

I need sleep..
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    can we have team titties tho? :confused:
  6. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I am happy to go bra-less
    seth123 likes this.
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I'd be worried if you didn't...
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah guys, will rerun this round this week, (31st march) and move the 4th round a week later....

Is a great track, but holy crap, good thing it was a prac run, i had more penalties in 1 race than i have had in 5 years of racing ! I was beyond rubbish ! Should be some cracking duels this week with a full grid
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @@Beau_Albert , @@v8power383 , @@Samsung1998racer , @@garyw61 , @@Killercarlcox69 , @@autech91 ,
    @@SuiCid3 , @@TheJuzzy ,@@colin-50_ , @@groover33 , @@seth123 , @@revhead_1000 , @@vh_mik

alright guys, last weeks race was postponed due to 1. the update holding people out and 2. quite a few unavailable.
    This week will run regardless so if you cant make it let us know and i can perhaps organize a sub for you from the extras that were in the room with us last week.....

Stu
    Killercarlcox69 and Beau_Albert like this.
  10. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    I'll be there
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Are you able to host tonight mik? My internet is up and down like a whore's knickers today. Telstra must be ducking around with something again.
  12. vh_mik

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Can do.

@stucar17 didnt you say your connection is up and running now
  13. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Well, an interesting night to see the least! Got through the field with relative ease thanks to a bit of mayhem, a few corner cutting penalties and a barrel rolling Seth.....

From Lap 6 all the way to the chequered flag myself and Samsung were left battling it out and swapping the lead every lap or two and never separated by more than a second the entire way, resulting in a great final lap battle until it ended in perhaps the most anti climactic way possible :p A drag race with penalties! We were in a party so we tried going for a photo finish which didn't even go well :p Well done to Samsung on the victory and VH_Mik on sticking strong in 3rd. Look forward to you joining Div1 next season for some more battles :thumbsup:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  14. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Lol typical, i cross the line and you are a meter away and yet it still gives it to you. GG PCARS netcode. Good Race :roflmao:
    seth123 likes this.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
  16. autech91

autech91 Professional

God I did well to avoid that! I remember the tap from Seth but didn't realise how close it was to me ending up in the wall.

Race was good fun, as mentioned the early carnage made slipping up the order a little bit easier if not risky. Ended up with Beau behind me for a few laps and we were about to kick off a good battle I think. Coming into the 1st chicane Beau got a good run on me (love these cutting tracks :() and pulled up along side over the rise, I stayed left to give him room into the 2nd chicane and the car snapped sideways on me. I managed to reel it in but ran on slightly into the 2nd chicane which I already had slowed down a lot for. TEN SECOND PENALTY! Couldn't believe it as I wasn't even on the gas and was giving Beau room, but oh well that's racing!
    So that put me out of any chance of battling with beau for the lead so I set about reeling in Cagme. Ended up having a corker of a battle with Cagme for about 6 laps or so who did very well to hold me off, I threw the book at him and he came up with the goods to keep me behind. Eventually the pressure got to him I think and he looped it out of the hairpin which was a shame as I was enjoying trying a different move every lap to get by.
    By this stage VH was a good 11 seconds ahead. I gave it my best to reel him in but I know from many years racing him that if VH mik has clear track in front, he is very hard to catch, every time I improved my lap time he did as well so the gap stayed near enough the same.

Well done to Samsung and Beau on your battle, doesn't really matter who wins as long as ya have a good battle!
  17. vh_mik

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Good racing last night guys. Surprised to finish third though. Hadn't done all that many laps during week so when quali started didn't know what to expect. Prob should of practiced more as those curbs just destroyed me and nearly flipped 3 times so getting second on grid was a surprise.

Got a good start and kept behind cagm for a little while. Was hoping the battle pack in the middle would keep the faster guys behind for a while but after only a couple of laps Samsung was right behind me. Finally got past cagm and was doing consistent laps and keeping Samsung and beau behind. Noticed beau grab second and then it happened. Big slide into the second chicanes. Up on 2 wheels, and penalty. Had to pull to the left off the racing line to let beau passed, which was annoying as I was going to make him work for a pass, but ended up gifting it to him. Could see Samsung wanted to battle with beau so I wasn't about to hold him up and backed out to let him go. Looks like letting him through payed off as those two had an epic race together. I just couldn't keep up as the car was 2 wheeling off every rumble strip so had to back off to preserve 3rd. Could see auts get passed cagm so I just sat and watched his lap times. Whenever he made ground, I'd pop a faster lap next time then back off a bit just to maintain the gap. Auts is a quick driver so being able to keep him at bay was a small achievement in itself. Last lap I nearly binned it all with a massive 2 wheeler but had just enough gap to stay third. Well done to beau, Samsung and auts who came from the back end to the front. You guys are a bit to quick for me.

Lol I dunno why this div 1 talk keeps popping up
    1. I'm not quick enough to be in div 1
    2. My practicing is extremely limited as I work 12-15hr days so my cars end up staying on stock tunes which would leave me extremely uncompetitive
    3. The div 1 spots will be taken up by spectre, spidey and cob :p
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  18. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    So bummed to miss out Thursday night. I really like this track and was doing some good times in practice.

I have no idea what is happening with my internet and Telstra can't send out a Tech until 16th April, so it looks like I am out until then :(
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bugger Gary......I know you pain all too well !

Was a :):):):)full night for me.....qualified 3rd with the help of the aliens deciding to stay in the garage, but once we started i managed to get a 5 sec penalty on turn 2 and a 10 second penalty at the first chicane so had gone from 3rd to stone cold last in the space of 5 corners.....absolute gold. Managed to fight back to 7th with a few good little battles with Killer and suicide when i wasnt falling off the road.......still a cracking car though.....

@Hatfield

Results
    1. samsung
    2. beau albert
    3. Mik
    4. Autech
    5. groover
    6. CAGME - Subbing for Gary
    7. Stu
    8. Killer
    9. Ranok3n
    10. V8power