Track list for season 2.

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2014.

1. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Suzuka is a great option ... Technical ... Fast in places ... And suited to this type of car... Not easy though ...:)
    DekGT5mad and razor4797 like this.
  2. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Yeah she is thirsty, done a long stint at Daytona international road course and was looking at just making 45 mins on 1 tank of fuel at mid to low 37s pace
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Does anyone know the difference between first set meds and 2nd set softs because if they're roughly even then it would bring some strategy into the race rather than just run meds till your out of fuel.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  4. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    The only problem CAGM is that with the pit glitch some people don't get given the option to select different tyres during pitting....so there would be the chance that someone is disadvantaged because of it.
    But I guess if everyone was prepared to run that risk I think its an idea worth considering :)
    DekGT5mad and Stumbles like this.
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Or you have to problem I almost had last night with pitting and pressing the accelerator just as the screen comes up. Only just made it on fuel
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Me too, but I was busting so I didn't realise what I'd done till too late. It was a close thing fuel wise, but it made it.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  7. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Thanks everyone for a great run of testing this afternoon :) had a cracker race with comeandgetme at la Sarthe at night which was the highlight of the arvo :) although felt for the guys that DC before night happened :rolleyes::mad:

Don't envy being the mods, definitely a tough task of narrowing the track list down to 7 but if it helps, if you want to learn to fly in the Mclaren try cape ring periphery ;)
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I think we will come up with a cracking track list based on the fact the car doesnt hate many of them !
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Thought I'd take a test drive out on ascari being the only track that hasn't been tested and/or mentioned and umm.... NOOO :eek:
  10. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm really sold on Tokyo. Had a good run there online and offline and it's a great track for this car.
    Really smooth and flat, plenty of good corners and reasonably quick sections too. Nice long straight with a 90 degree right for overtaking too :)
    Tovey_4saken and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I agree, the Reverse version is better IMO
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  12. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Didn't try the reverse, but in theory it would be good for overtaking too. The first corner becomes the last, meaning a good exit will give you a decent tow down the straight.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The big thing in reverse is the kink on the front straight, it can create a few nightmares once in the draft to overtake.

We ran it in our GT5 Mclaren series and there was some issues there.

I have a track list that i will put up possibly tonight that we can narrow down further. Has a bit of everything, fast, technical, wet, night etc

Its a case of narrowing it down, or we could all go round in circles with the number of possibilities
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Isn't that the same for forward Lee, ie a good exit on the last corner will still provide a decent tow?
    I prefer the normal Tokyo.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  15. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Yes, however turn one on forward is a 90 degree right, a classic overtaking situation.
    On reverse, you'd probably have more success overtaking on the straight rather than into turn one which is a bit trickier than a bog standard 90 degree corner.
    The last corner on reverse is also a fair bit wider than the last corner on forward, so offers a bit more room for different lines.
    Crunch likes this.
  16. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Got to be a boss why not go with what you guys say we all do the same thing at the end of the day we race old tracks or new
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    One last suggestion from me, I had some glorious slipstream battles last night on Le Mans 2009 without the chicanes, it's never been used before, and overall it's a wonderful track to drive, especially through the Hunaudieries and Porsche curves. The only drawback? No time progression. :(
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

What speeds do you reach? Do you redline?
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    315, with no draft. Even when slipstreaming someone, you wont redline the car. It's perfect for the track, and considering it raced there, it gets a big vote from me.
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Yeah I agree Le Mans in one form or another would be brilliant. It's one track where you can easily real back a lonesome break away by teaming up with someone.
    SerenityInSpeed likes this.