Track list for season 2.

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    This is an interesting list, certainly not what I was expecting, I can certainly see a few tracks where I'm going to get creamed by the opposition, but I certainly will be aiming for very good results at Monza and Spa.

I hope Daytona starts out in the Sunset and finishes at midnight, some ofthe apexes are like guesswork! Love me a night race.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    My reaction to Fuji though XD
    image.jpg
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    For Daytona i think we should have the settings worked out so we start late arvo,race thru the night & finish in daylight again. I'm happy to work out the settings,i've got a fairly close idea.:D
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Well done guys - looks like a good variation of tracks there.
    The Enduro at Spa should be a great way to end the season, and I'm looking forward to the wet race at Monza and also the day/night at Daytona. Lots of practice ahead of me, I think.

Once question: Will the Macca be running RM tyres (except for the inters at Monza), or are we going RH again?
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  5. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Pretty sure it's RM tyres...you can try RM's at Monza if you feel like a ballet performance ;)

I like the track list, Tokyo is a real winner in this car and Fuji GT is a massive challenge, but so good when you get it right.
    I'm not too fussed Bathurst isn't there, yes it's a great track, but when you have the likes of Spa, Daytona and Monza included, they more than make up for it.
    I'm looking forward to this season, should be great fun and Div 2 looks mighty competitive!
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, race medium tyres for the normal rounds, race soft for the sprints at Motegi.
    Hopefully an update to fix the pit glitch by PD by the time the Spa enduro comes around, but don't hold you're breath.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  7. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Excellent, sounds good!

LOL, surely you jest! :)
    Crunch, DekGT5mad and Stumbles like this.
  8. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Nah mate, I'm serious, don't hold your breath, it won't end pretty...lmao
    Crunch and DekGT5mad like this.
  9. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Ooo, race softs should be fun!! Will really be able to throw it into the corners with those on!
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Spa enduro awesome. Love that track.
    DekGT5mad and SerenityInSpeed like this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys. With so many tracks suited to this car there was always going to be a few tracks that missed out.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with testing and selection. Cyber and Anon, great job behind the scenes as usual.

Some general points to explain a few things.

1. As Anon said, there may be a few tweaks with the track regs before the season starts, mainly the wet race. I know Cyber was testing a few options there so stay tuned. We are looking at trying to get a little more unpredictability in the weather without making it un-drivable.
    2. The Daytona race will be an afternoon start, with the second half of the race under lights. I think this is the best way as at dusk/dawn there are a couple of corners that are very tough. Doing it just once should provide enough of a challenge for everyone ;)
    3. As far as no Bathurst, Its just too glitchy, and creates too many issues for too many drivers. With full rooms we want to finish the season glitch free for as many as we can. The sound glitch and freezing is a right pain in the ass.
    4. We will be running the RACE MEDIUM for the majority of the season with wear on NORMAL. RACE SOFTS will be used for the sprint round and at this stage INTERS for the wet race at Monza. (pending any tweaks from additional testing)
    5. The draft will remain on Real at this stage. The last update reduced its affect by 30%, but after testing the "weak" setting is still way too strong, and in a car as fast as this its the lesser of the two evils.
    6. We decided on the Fuji GT variant as it hasnt been used before in our league races. As always, anyone intentionally cutting any corners, on any track, is open for a post race penalty, so the fast kink on the back straight shouldnt be an issue.

Hopefully it gives us some great close racing, keep it clean and good luck to everyone for the end of season prize !
    Cheers
    Stu
    Crunch, DekGT5mad, garyw61 and 4 others like this.
  12. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    with daytona wouldnt it be better to do afternoon start evening middle and then some early morning running endingat idk 9am just a suggestion apart from that everything else is good
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  13. zampli

zampli Team Driver

But I think the reason was that it's a bit difficult to see some corners with the time range you suggested.
    DekGT5mad and Stumbles like this.
  14. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    See point 2 that Stu made just above regarding Daytona...
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The only thing is, during the transition from day to night there seemed to be a few corners that blended into the walls / ground and were very hard to judge. Turn 3 particularly (the last left with the blue wall on the track edge) seems to disappear into the track. If i get the chance I will have another look at it in the next few nights.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  16. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    yep I misread anons comment the only reason I suggested it is to makeit more challanging and unpredictable
  17. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Should be a ripper of a season. A lot of practice will be needed with this beast squirming all over the Tarmac :p
    DekGT5mad likes this.